Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I am Seeking Yall's Opinion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

I am Seeking Yall's Opinion Empty
PostSubject: I am Seeking Yall's Opinion   I am Seeking Yall's Opinion EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 7:24 pm

ok these are the 2 local guys I have been high on for a while know. Please watch the footage and give me yalls opinions since yall probably havent seem em before, would love to get yalls take.

Charles Hatley Jr - strong, hard hitter, reminds me of James Kirkland, hasnt faced tough opposition yet, but 200 amateur wins and undefeated so far.

here is Hatley vs Eloy Sanchez (someone that lasted longer vs Shawn Porter than against Hatley)

and then there is ROberto Marroquin , another amateur stand out who is in Arums stabel, undefeated and very impressive hard boxer/puncher

Pac- Clottey undercard

solo boxeo

was at both these fights

[youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfZrM-ccW0Q&feature=related[/youtube]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am Seeking Yall's Opinion   I am Seeking Yall's Opinion EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:44 pm

Hatley Jr.'s gonna need work. He's a robotic athlete and he leaves himself too open right down the pipe. He's a great combination puncher, but I don't see how he'll set up those punches as he moves up in competition; he pulls his jab back too quick and doesn't use it to set up punches, and he can't get position with quickness or footwork. He looks freakish strong though, so he'll be fine for a while. But if he doesn't make changes going forward he'll get picked apart by the 1st boxer who can keep him honest (especially if it's a southpaw). He has the physical tools for the job though.

Marroquin looks great. Hard to get a feel for his D in the videos, but I think he can be real good.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: I am Seeking Yall's Opinion   I am Seeking Yall's Opinion EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 10:10 pm

Hatley-I watched 1 minute of the first clip and that was enough for me.

1-Stiff- all the way from the head to the toes.
2-Right hand-telegraphed. Hands are quick but you can see it coming a mile away.
3-Head movement-None.
4-He threw hard fast shots, but he sort of threw them at the target (not through the target).

Physical strength-looked strong. Hands appeared fast. Don't know anything about his trainer, but he needs a good pro trainer to guide him.

So my opinion is pretty close to what Gumby said.

I'll look at Marroquin later, as Celts and Lakers is a good game tonight.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: I am Seeking Yall's Opinion   I am Seeking Yall's Opinion EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 11:16 pm

thanks for checking it out guys, i agree wtih what yall say about hatley, but the fights i put up were his 4th and 5th pro fights, as of know he is 11-0 and just went 10 rounds vs a 20-20 vet
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: I am Seeking Yall's Opinion   I am Seeking Yall's Opinion EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 8:17 am

bird ill agree with both posts above which was very good.hatley is going nowhere.yes its a clip of fight number 5 but with 200 plus amatuer fights he should of showed a lot more polish then what he displayed there especialy since hes fighting a tomatoe can..the other fighter has a few things to work on but he showed a good package of things.good hand speed punches at different angles and a good variety of different type combos..he cut the ring off effectively ..the potential is there indeed.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: I am Seeking Yall's Opinion   I am Seeking Yall's Opinion EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 6:31 pm

I am pretty positive Marroquin will win some titles in his career, Hatley is the question

guy just hits like a mule, several fights ago he was fighting a tough LA fighter, that alot of people were predicting would beat Hatley, Hatley knocked his as out so bad in the 4th round, the kid couldnt even walk right 20 minutes after the fight.

but ya good points on having alot of holes for being a stand out amateur

you guys arent gonna like this

his dad trains him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS_QY7I3jw4

heres a gret documentary he was in
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: I am Seeking Yall's Opinion   I am Seeking Yall's Opinion EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 8:52 pm

bird great clip..seeing that and the choping of wood the roadwork the sparing. training with a no short cut attitude ala marciano basilio and others plus the great amatuer knockdowns and kos in that clip we tend to forget one qualification a fighter must have to get into the game..that qualification i feel is that you MUST be a little bit crazy.lol..
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: I am Seeking Yall's Opinion   I am Seeking Yall's Opinion EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 8:54 pm

i agree dmar, if you ever got some spare time you should check out the documentary its called The Sweet Science, got good reviews at the local film festival, and did a good job of getting him a good following fan base for an amateur (which is rare, especially down here, in these days)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am Seeking Yall's Opinion   I am Seeking Yall's Opinion Empty

Back to top Go down

I am Seeking Yall's Opinion
Page 1 of 1