Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC

Go down 
+7
KingsOwn19
Wolfgangsta
oggy420
timthebim
Farmer1906
Andrew the Raider King
Birdofthad
11 posters

Closest Silva Came to Losing in UFC
Travis Lutter
Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC Vote_lcap61%Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC Vote_rcap
 61% [ 11 ]
Dan Henderson
Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC Vote_lcap39%Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC Vote_rcap
 39% [ 7 ]
Damian Maia
Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC Vote_lcap0%Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Patrick Cote
Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC Vote_lcap0%Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC Empty
PostSubject: Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC   Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 3:39 pm

I think was vs Travis Lutter, which is actually on Spike right know,

what yall think?

Last edited by Birdofthad on Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC   Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 3:44 pm

I am ot sure, bt I am thinking the Hendo fight was closer than he wanted it to be.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC   Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 3:45 pm

Easily Lutter when he mounted him and was pounding him.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC   Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 3:45 pm

just wish lutter hadnt gone for his patented armba from full mount zand had stayed in full mount
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC   Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 3:48 pm

funny to hear Randy telling ROgan 12-6 elbows are illegal
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC   Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 8:45 pm

I think Hendo.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC   Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 8:48 pm

Definitely Lutter, but he's gonna tool Sonnen if that's what you're getting at.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC   Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:07 pm

Sonnen is gonna beat Spider unless he really works on punishing during takedowns. I might switch my vote to 117
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC   Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:13 pm

pfft lol and you claim to not be a bandwagoner. Bigs is completely right about you.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC   Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:23 pm

How am I a band wagonner because I think Sonnen might beat Silva? Unless Silva can learn to block a shot Sonnen could toss him around. I said the same thing in the other thread I created about the two cards.

Hey on an unrelated note I rooted for the Redsox in 04 but for the Rays against them years later. I rooted for the Rockies at first that year but changed during the series once it was clear they were laying down for the Sox for whatever reason. I adopt playoff teams and root for or against various teams on a year by year basis. That isn't being a band wagonner though is it? A band wagonner is someone who changes his teams and buys merch for the flavor of the month. It's not like that. Sports compell me and the storylines that surround players and coaches.

I am an anti-band wagonner if anything. When ever a band wagon starts, often you'll find me driving the other way. Who else was rooting for the Pats in 07 south of New England?

I don't know why some sports fans think if you pull for something other than your team you're a band wagonner. It is pretty stupid if you ask me.

Yo I am a Illinois, Cubs and Bears fan, if I didn't adopt other teams to kinda root for once mine are out sports wouldn't even be worth following.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC   Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:29 pm

Picking against anderson is the popular thing to do right now because of his last fight.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC   Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:38 pm

Huh? Oggy..really?

That fight if anything is closer to an argument for him considering how he was able to stay on his feet so easily against a ground fighter.

This fight is all about Sonnen's performance against Nate, and the wrestling questions that Hendo, Okami, Lutter and other fighters have poised during Anderson's career. Sonnen's wrestling look's great. His double leg Anderson will have 0000000000000000000 answers for. Nothing to do with that fight, which incidentally, I've never even actually seen.

Match ups oggy, match ups.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC   Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:38 pm

I don't think Sonnen is going 5 rounds without being submitted. That's his achillies heel and it's not like Filho where he actually has the advantage standing, if Sonnen has any chance in this fight it will likely spend more than half the time on the mat or against the cage. Sonnen nearly blew the Marquardt fight by getting caught in tight submission and taking way too much damage despite being in dominant positions the entire fight. Sonnen may end up doing the best out of all of them, but he won't be able to finish Anderson and i'll be very surprised if he can ride out a decision without getting subbed.

Maybe if he pressed him against the cage the entire fight but i don't even want to think of the possibilty of another main event being lame as a dry fuck....especially since i plan on attending this event. Even in that case though, Anderson's clinch will likely come into play. Anderson has more cards and he can counter the cards Sonnen has.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC   Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:41 pm

The closest he's come to losing is when Maia was winging some bombs from his knees...

But seriously, I don't think Sonnen will avoid a sub for 5 rounds but am very confident we're going to see Anderson get beat up for the first time in a while. I'll be rooting for Chael
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC   Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:51 pm

Kings that is a great point and that was my initial reaction to this fight. At some point though I'd expect Sonnen to learn enough submission defense to fix that hole in his game. Weak submission defense for a wrestler is much easier to fix than it is for a striker. Hendo and Lindland over their careers have not been overly submission prone(I know Silva sub'd Hendo but that was because he was hurt badly from a knee)

Sonnen is sometimes too busy from inside an opponents guard. If he can settle down and not try to work foolish GnP that over extends his posture inside the guard of Silva, he has a great chance. Silva's long legs are dangerous.

Sonnen could take him down and work to a mount easier than you might think. I think actually he has a great chance.

I guess my main problem with this fight is that Sonnen will have to LnP to win, and if Anderson is able to stay on his feet somehow, he will absolutely make this a sucky fight.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC   Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:54 pm

Chris Leban via almost broke his shit hitting Leban's head.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC   Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 11:50 pm

The answer right now has to be Lutter. Hendo was never close to beating Anderson. He took him down in the first round but couldn't do any damage.

I think Sonnen has an outside chance at winning this fight for the same reason I think GSP has a chance at beating Anderson.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC   Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:46 am

i see another anderson triangle
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC   Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:46 am

or vicious flying knee as Chael shoots in on him i the 1st round.....
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC   Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:50 am

Ya oggy that is what I see happening if Anderson wins. Chael's wrestling is a great tool though.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC   Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:56 am

i'll acknowledge Chael for his great wrestling, and it is known the style to defeat Anderson has been said to be a great wrestler with a sick top game. That is Chael to a t but he has shown a weakness in submission defense.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC   Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:01 am

I imagine if Chael is smart he has been working on setting up shoots, avoiding knees and avoiding subs from guard. I hope he brings in some legit ass black belts to work with, guys with the build of Anderson. Time to shell out some cash to some get some Brazilians in there.

At the same time I am sure Anderson's focus will be on takedown defense, timing knees in with the shot, and working from his back.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC   Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 8:59 am

I say Hendo just because even when I saw Lutter on top of Anderson I never thought he would finish him. But Dan on the other hand won a round and if he would have stayed on the game plan who knows what would've happened. What the hell was Dan thinking going into the second round?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC   Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC Empty

Back to top Go down

Closest Anderson Silva has Come to Losing in the UFC
Page 1 of 1