Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad

Go down 
+3
OU
powerpuncher
empanek
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad Empty
PostSubject: Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad   Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 7:28 am

Boxing king Floyd Mayweather, one of the top athletes in the world today, "made a wish" come true yesterday for one of his biggest fans when he met Armando Carral, a 17-year old Hodgkin's disease patient who asked to meet the boxing Champion through the Make-A-Wish Foundation, a non-profit organization that grants the wishes of children with life-threatening diseases.

"This is a rewarding experience and I'm grateful to be in the position where I can make a difference in Armando's life," said Mayweather. "He is a very nice young man and I would like to congratulate him for staying strong and finishing high school.

Mayweather and Armando were brought together thanks to the Make-A-Wish Foundation's "Wish to Meet" program. The young man, who arrived at the Mayweather Boxing Gym with his mother, Maria Arias, and older sister Irasema Carral, was ecstatic to meet his long-time idol. Armando has been following boxing for most of his life and is an avid fan of the sport and of Mayweather, his favorite boxing superstar.

"I am so happy to meet Champion Floyd Mayweather," said Armando. "I am a big fan of such a great boxer and I admire him for his hard work and belief in himself. I am a believer too."

"I am very happy for this opportunity for my son," said Maria, Armando's mother. "He has always wanted to meet Floyd and thank you to Floyd and Make-A-Wish Foundation."

While together Mayweather chatted with Armando and his family while signing autographs and posing with them for photos. Mayweather was extremely impressed with the fighting spirit of the young man.

"Armando has met challenges that many of us will never see in our lives," said Mayweather. "He is strong and so is his family."

Granting Armando's wish was just another example of Mayweather's continuing efforts to give back to the Las Vegas community where he generously donates his time and financial resources to those less fortunate. Through his Floyd Mayweather Jr. Foundation, he has counseled troubled youth and feed the homeless to name a few activities.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=28287
Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad Floyd-mayweather-jr
Back to top Go down
empanek
White Belt
White Belt
empanek

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad   Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 8:16 am

Floyd is his own enemy.... I don't know why he has it so stuck in his head that he needs to be a boxing villain.
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad   Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 9:16 am

empanek wrote:
Floyd is his own enemy.... I don't know why he has it so stuck in his head that he needs to be a boxing villain.
like ive always said, once floyd is done with boxing, he will probably be a nice guy and people will like him. right now he just wants to be the bad guy for some reason.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad   Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 10:59 am

I remember listening to a Floyd interview during the Super Bowl media rush. He was talking to Jim Rome. Mayweather admitted to only being on about 2 hrs of sleep and seemed much more mellow then I have ever heard him before, even the tone of his voice was different. It seemed like to me that he was more Floyd and less "Money May" that day. It helped me kind of seperate the character he created from the actual fighter.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad   Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 11:05 am

empanek wrote:

Because early in his career he tried the DLH-style thing of kissing babies and smiling like a prettyboy for the press and tv cameras. It didn't work.

Floyd wanted to be loved like Oscar or Ray Leonard in the worst way when he was younger. Then came the 'slave wages' comment when he was working under Arum. The press and fans turned on him a bit and Floyd started becoming resentful that he didn't get the love he wanted despite his success and talent. So little by little, he turned into the WWE-style heel that we know him as today. Floyd is no dummy, when he realized that people came out and bought his fights to see him lose, he amped the douche factor up several notches.

These days, I think he treats his bad guy persona like business, but it was born from the hurt of not getting the love and admiration that guys like Oscar got.

Last edited by KrazyHorseBennett on Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad   Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 11:09 am

Floyd could be the biggest sports star in America if chose a different path managing his public persona, however he and his family have some seriously disgusting characteristics that he made no effort to conceal.
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad   Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 11:41 am

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
empanek wrote:

Because early in his career he tried the DLH-style thing of kissing babies and smiling like a prettyboy for the press and tv cameras. It didn't work.

Floyd wanted to be loved like Oscar or Ray Leonard in the worst way when he was younger. Then came the 'slave wages' comment when he was working under Arum. The press and fans turned on him a bit and Floyd started becoming resentful that he didn't get the love he wanted despite his success and talent. So little by little, he turned into the WWE-style heel that we know him as today. Floyd is no dummy, when he realized that people came out and bought his fights to see him lose, he amped the douche factor up several notches.

These days, I think he treats his bad guy persona like business, but it was born from the hurt of not getting the love and admiration that guys like Oscar got.
he needed to wait a little bit. oscar was still the pretty boy during that time. mayweather would have eventually taken that over and would be loved right now.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad   Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 11:49 am

I don't believe Mayweather Jr. gives a fuck about anybody but himself, and the "charity" work he does is just a game he plays to make his fans believe he isn't the clown/con artist that most people really believe he is.

Sorry, but I can't think of a damn thing, I like about Mayweather Jr., or his family.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad   Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 11:53 am

Ring wrote:
I don't believe Mayweather Jr. gives a fuck about anybody but himself, and the "charity" work he does is just a game he plays to make his fans believe he isn't the clown/con artist that most people really believe he is.

I think Floyd created "Money May" to sell fights. I don't think Floyd is anything like "Money May" which IMO is a complete character. I made a thread in the MMA section asking what fighters are nothing but "characters". I think Floyd is a perfect example of what I am talking about. I have heard some glimpses of what I consider to be the real Floyd.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad   Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 11:55 am

And for the record, I think Floyd is a nice kid with a good heart. But he's also like a bunch of kids that grew up in a fucked-up situation. He definitely was damaged emotionally as a kid and never came to terms with it as an adult, as his insecurities always ring loud when he's constantly bragging on how much money he has.

I know several people that assume that because his pappy was a pro fighter with some success and his uncle was a world champion that he grew up in the lap of luxury as a kid. It's not really true.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad   Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 11:59 am

Ring wrote:

Sorry, but I can't think of a damn thing, I like about Mayweather Jr., or his family.

Either way, people are being helped by his charities so look at it with as much hate as you want. People are benefitting from it.

It's not like he's Nino Brown, using charity to get people to look the other way in favor of some criminal operation. He's an obnoxious, cocky athlete that gives back to the community. What a horrible monster. Are you really that bitter over someone's cocky persona? That's pretty sad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad   Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:00 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Ring wrote:

I think Floyd created "Money May" to sell fights. I don't think Floyd is anything like "Money May" which IMO is a complete character. I made a thread in the MMA section asking what fighters are nothing but "characters". I think Floyd is a perfect example of what I am talking about. I have heard some glimpses of what I consider to be the real Floyd.

Bingo.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad   Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:03 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Ring wrote:

I read your post, and I respect your opinion OUSOONER, (not however your choice of a favorite football team) lets just say I don't buy that underneath Mayweather Jr acting like a selfish little asshole, there's this nice guy. You don't act like a POS for 10 years, then do a little charity work in Vegas and LA, and expect some of us to change their mind about you.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad   Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:05 pm

Ring wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Ring wrote:

I read your post, and I respect your opinion OUSOONER, (not however your choice of a favorite football team) lets just say I don't buy that underneath Mayweather Jr acting like a selfish little asshole, there's this nice guy. You don't act like a POS for 10 years, then do a little charity work in Vegas and LA, and expect some of us to change their mind about you.

I don't think he gives a shit what you think about him. If he cared, he wouldn't act how he does in selling fights.

It's amazing what Floyd hate does to some people. Turns them into emotional jelly.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad   Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:06 pm

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Ring wrote:

Either way, people are being helped by his charities so look at it with as much hate as you want. People are benefitting from it.

It's not like he's Nino Brown, using charity to get people to look the other way in favor of some criminal operation. He's an obnoxious, cocky athlete that gives back to the community. What a horrible monster. Are you really that bitter over someone's cocky persona? That's pretty sad.

I'm not "bitter" over anything Krazy, i'm just not, nor will I ever been a fan of Mayweather Jr, get it?
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad   Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:08 pm

Ring wrote:
KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Ring wrote:

I'm not "bitter" over anything Krazy, i'm just not, nor will I ever been a fan of Mayweather Jr, get it?

Sorry to see you can't separate your personal hate of someone from something they are doing to help people.

Keep riding the cynicism train. I'm sure it's a lovely view.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad   Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:08 pm

Ring wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Ring wrote:

I respect your opinion as well(but also not your team of choice). I could be wrong, just my take. 1 interview with Rome and 1 with Brian Kenny stick out in my mind that make me believe what I do about "Money May" being 100% character/show.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad   Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:10 pm

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Ring wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Ring wrote:

I don't think he gives a shit what you think about him. If he cared, he wouldn't act how he does in selling fights.

It's amazing what Floyd hate does to some people. Turns them into emotional jelly.

Emotional jelly, WTF are you talking about? Geeezus man get off his nuts, some people don't care for him. live with it.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad   Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:13 pm

Ring wrote:
KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Ring wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Ring wrote:

Emotional jelly, WTF are you talking about? Geeezus man get off his nuts, some people don't care for him. live with it.

AHHHHH. I knew it wouldn't take long for the 'get off his nuts' comment to come out.

If you knew how to read like an adult, you would have already read that I called Floyd obnoxious, insecure, and emotionally damaged. You just choose to focus on me calling you out for hating the guy so much that you can't even see him doing charity as a good thing. If that makes me a nuthugger, I'd really like to know what the hell you are.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad   Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:15 pm

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Ring wrote:
KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Ring wrote:

Sorry to see you can't separate your personal hate of someone from something they are doing to help people.

OK Krazy, I think it's best that you and I, agree to disagree, and leave it at that.

cheers
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad   Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:15 pm

Ring wrote:
KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Ring wrote:
KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Ring wrote:

OK Krazy, I think it's best that you and I, agree to disagree, and leave it at that.

cheers

I accept your surrender.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad   Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:20 pm

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Ring wrote:
KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Ring wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Ring wrote:

AHHHHH. I knew it wouldn't take long for the 'get off his nuts' comment to come out.

If you knew how to read like an adult, you would have already read that I called Floyd obnoxious, insecure, and emotionally damaged. You just choose to focus on me calling you out for hating the guy so much that you can't even see him doing charity as a good thing. If that makes me a nuthugger, I'd really like to know what the hell you are.

Krazy, the last thing I wanna do on this messageboard is get into an ESPN style pissing match about Mayweather Jr., I had enough of that bullshit on the ESPN board.

Yes, I surrender, thanks for accepting my surrender.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad   Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:27 pm

Ring wrote:
KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Ring wrote:
KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Ring wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Ring wrote:

Krazy, the last thing I wanna do on this messageboard is get into an ESPN style pissing match about Mayweather Jr., I had enough of that bullshit on the ESPN board.

That's fine, man. Cool. I'm not being flame-serious. Just busting balls for the most part.

I just don't get the part of not being able to separate the personal opinion of someone from their actions.

I hated Roy Jones. HATE HATE HATE. Like Payer Haters' Ball type hate. But I would have looked at charity done by Roy as "Well, at least he has some admirable qualities". You just choose to treat it cynically because it's Floyd doing it and you hate his guts.

Different people look at things different ways I guess.
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad   Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 1:55 pm

it seems like floyd causes controversary between people even when he tries to do good.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad   Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 3:34 pm

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
empanek wrote:

Floyd wanted to be loved like Oscar or Ray Leonard in the worst way when he was younger. Then came the 'slave wages' comment when he was working under Arum
. The press and fans turned on him a bit and Floyd started becoming resentful that he didn't get the love he wanted despite his success and talent. So little by little, he turned into the WWE-style heel that we know him as today. Floyd is no dummy, when he realized that people came out and bought his fights to see him lose, he amped the douche factor up several notches.

you just fucking nailed it

this was a good thing for Floyd to do, I had a friend who died of brain cancer, and he got a wish, and the prick he asked to come see him didnt come, so people shouldnt think Floyd was forced to go or something like that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad   Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad Empty

Back to top Go down

Floyd Mayweather Jr isn't so bad
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next