Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What's next for Paul Williams

Go down 
+8
hardcoreBEE24
NBrooks5
Canvas
captainanddew
Deezy0814
empanek
gomez1012
Mightytitan5
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mightytitan5
Mightytitan5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Paul Williams, Chad Dawson, Miguel Cotto, JMM

What's next for Paul Williams Empty
PostSubject: What's next for Paul Williams   What's next for Paul Williams EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:26 pm

We all know 147-154 is not for PW.........Should he put a couple of 160 under his belt before he move up to 168??
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: What's next for Paul Williams   What's next for Paul Williams EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:28 pm

logical choice is Martinez rematch

but Goossen is supposedly set on a fight at 147 Mad fucking moron!
Back to top Go down
empanek
White Belt
White Belt
empanek

PostSubject: Re: What's next for Paul Williams   What's next for Paul Williams EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:30 pm

He's in a bad spot. Ever since he punched Cintron right out of the ring I don't think there is a single fighter out there willing to get in the ring with him.

On a serious note. I like to see him in a rematch with Martinez.
Back to top Go down
Mightytitan5
Mightytitan5

PostSubject: Re: What's next for Paul Williams   What's next for Paul Williams EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:33 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
logical choice is Martinez rematch

but Goossen is supposedly set on a fight at 147 Mad fucking moron!

I think PW and Goosen needs to come to a realization that floyd and PAC is not going to get in the ring with PW. 168 is the next best move for PW. We all know PW can compete in the higher division.
Back to top Go down
Mightytitan5
Mightytitan5

PostSubject: Re: What's next for Paul Williams   What's next for Paul Williams EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:37 pm

empanek wrote:
He's in a bad spot. Ever since he punched Cintron right out of the ring I don't think there is a single fighter out there willing to get in the ring with him.

On a serious note. I like to see him in a rematch with Martinez.

Looks like Martinez is bent on fighting PBF is the PAC negotiations fall apart. Paul Williams did say if Martinez wants him, its a done deal
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage Jackson

PostSubject: Re: What's next for Paul Williams   What's next for Paul Williams EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:53 pm

i'd like to see the rematch w/ martinez because of the controversy in the first one
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: What's next for Paul Williams   What's next for Paul Williams EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:56 pm

A rematch with Martinez at 154 or 160 is the fight that makes sense for both guys. Biggest money fight either guy will get. First fight was inconclusive to say the least (I thought Martinez should have won).
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: What's next for Paul Williams   What's next for Paul Williams EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:10 pm

I don't recall the exact particulars (and am too lazy to look right now) but I don't believe PW weighed 168 the night of the fight with Martinez (after weighing in the day before at 157). How is he going to beat guys who weigh in at 168 and weigh 182 on fight night??

If PW was an elusive fighter I'd say the size difference doesn't mean much, but he is there to be hit. Margarito tagged him, Martinez tagged him, Cintron landed cleanly. What happens when a guy who has fought at 168 and 175 (as some of the 168 pound guys started their careers around 175) tags him cleanly??? I would bet my house he goes to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: What's next for Paul Williams   What's next for Paul Williams EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:38 pm

Williams should have lost his last two decisions IMO.
Back to top Go down
NBrooks5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
NBrooks5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny, JMM, Casamayor and Katsidis

PostSubject: Re: What's next for Paul Williams   What's next for Paul Williams EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:49 pm

I just can't figure out Williams. This "able to fight from 147 to 160" shtick is bogus. The only fights above 147 are Martinez and Pavlik. And Pavlik says he's done at 160. That leaves him Martinez from 154 to 160. I'd be calling out the small guys too.
Back to top Go down
Mightytitan5
Mightytitan5

PostSubject: Re: What's next for Paul Williams   What's next for Paul Williams EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:02 pm

If PW plans are to stay at bay around 154 in order to get a 147. He is wasting his time, personally the best fight for PW @ 154 is Martinez, Margo or Angullo.......If he can get thru those two fighters MOVE on UP..........
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: What's next for Paul Williams   What's next for Paul Williams EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:27 pm

move on up to where??? He hasn't even hit the weight limit for 160 yet. When you are 3 pounds below a weight limit at weigh in, it normally signifies that you don't need to move up.
Back to top Go down
Mightytitan5
Mightytitan5

PostSubject: Re: What's next for Paul Williams   What's next for Paul Williams EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:21 pm

captainanddew wrote:
move on up to where??? He hasn't even hit the weight limit for 160 yet. When you are 3 pounds below a weight limit at weigh in, it normally signifies that you don't need to move up.

Your right but his options are limited at 147. @ 154 he has many options......Martinez (rematch) Margo (rematch) or Angullo.......Maybe Cotto?
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: What's next for Paul Williams   What's next for Paul Williams EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:14 am

Just stay in one fucking division, I don't care where and fight everyone in that division. Middleweight, Jr Middleweight or Welterweight. This fucking guy is an asshole. He claims to be able to fight across four divisions but can't ever seem to get a fight? Bullshit. Just accept the fact that no one wants to see you fight and fight everyone else or pick a new career. This guy should fight four times a year instead of waiting around trying to secure a major fights.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's next for Paul Williams   What's next for Paul Williams EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 4:46 am

Paul needs to stay at Jr Middleweight, he should look to face Sergei D or Alfredo Angulo .
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: What's next for Paul Williams   What's next for Paul Williams EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:14 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Paul needs to stay at Jr Middleweight, he should look to face Sergei D or Alfredo Angulo .

If I'm in Williams team

List of fights to try and make
-Martinez rematch for the MW Crown
-Cintron rematch to keep busy BUT in DC or Georgia
-Margarito rematch in So Cal or Texas
-Angulo in So Cal
-Cotto/Foreman winner in AC
-Chavez Jr, go to Mexico for the payday and end this fraud

Goossen and Haymon are idiots for trying to continue to make fights for him at welterweight, just a joke
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's next for Paul Williams   What's next for Paul Williams EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:16 pm

Alot of foolish young boxers today think they're going to land a Pacquiao or Mayweather payday.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: What's next for Paul Williams   What's next for Paul Williams EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:24 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Alot of foolish young boxers today think they're going to land a Pacquiao or Mayweather payday.

Whats funny is that they have the same manager, Haymon, so Im sure he's spitting BS in Williams ear that it could happen
Back to top Go down
freddie1437
White Belt
White Belt
freddie1437

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, JMM, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez

PostSubject: Re: What's next for Paul Williams   What's next for Paul Williams EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:57 pm

Paul needs to set up a Martinez rematch, there's really not much out there for him, unless he moves up to 168. I don't know if he could handle 168, imagine seeing Bute vs Williams? Actually that would be a damn good fight!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's next for Paul Williams   What's next for Paul Williams EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 1:23 pm

Super Middleweight would be a big ask of Williams, we didn't even get to see how he'd handle Kelly Pavlik, and frankly I am not convinced Paul could beat Kelly.
Back to top Go down
freddie1437
White Belt
White Belt
freddie1437

PostSubject: Re: What's next for Paul Williams   What's next for Paul Williams EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 2:28 pm

Ali imagine Bute vs Williams!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's next for Paul Williams   What's next for Paul Williams EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 2:29 pm

freddie1437 wrote:

I don't think Paul would last long, Bute is a Light Heavyweight who cuts down to 168lb.
Back to top Go down
freddie1437
White Belt
White Belt
freddie1437

PostSubject: Re: What's next for Paul Williams   What's next for Paul Williams EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 2:38 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
freddie1437 wrote:

I don't think Paul would last long, Bute is a Light Heavyweight who cuts down to 168lb.

That's true, but remember Paul said he wants any from 147-168, so I think Bute should give him a chance, if not, Bute is clearly ducking Paul! LOL!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's next for Paul Williams   What's next for Paul Williams EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 2:54 pm

freddie1437 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
freddie1437 wrote:

That's true, but remember Paul said he wants any from 147-168, so I think Bute should give him a chance, if not, Bute is clearly ducking Paul! LOL!

Everybody is ducking Paul Williams, even Vitali Klitschko Laughing
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: What's next for Paul Williams   What's next for Paul Williams EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 3:35 pm

I hope a sequel to this wonderful song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG--QjJmNFs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's next for Paul Williams   What's next for Paul Williams Empty

Back to top Go down

What's next for Paul Williams
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next