Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks)

Go down 
+21
JerseyStyle
oggy420
r3dman7630
LA
Andrew the Raider King
simiroll
captain organic
acccardinal12
Wolfgangsta
GDPofDRC
LTFG
KrazyHorseBennett
ohiovol62
josh200612
Ludo
bobbitt15
MMAEYES
Bigs03
boomer sooner
SOKO
NoRegret
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks) Empty
PostSubject: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks)   Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 4:57 am

Who do you you want to win and who do you think will win?

Want to win=
Think will win=
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks)   Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 4:57 am

Want to win= Rashad Evans
Think will win= Quinton Jackson
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks)   Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 7:41 am

Want to win= Rashad
Think Will Win= Rampage
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks)   Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 8:43 am

want = page
think= shad by speed
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks)   Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 9:05 am

Rashad's camp looks ridiculous -- Shane Carwin and Mo Lawal are way better training partners than anyone the Wolf's Lair can offer. To be honest, after watching Rashad's camp footage, Quinton's looked a little pathetic. 7 and a half minute miles? Are you kidding me?
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks)   Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 9:26 am

Want - Page
Think - Page

Rashad can hit Page all he wants on that granite chin...all it'll take is one flush shot from Page and it'll be nappy time for Rashad.

Page looked good last night towards the end of the primetime show. Looked like he was getting in a great mindset for the fight. These dudes truly hate each other. Can't wait for this fight.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks)   Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 9:33 am

Want= Page
Think= Rashad

Reasoning= I think Rashad is gonna play it smart and only strike to setup the takedown. I feel like Rashads wrestling will win this fight. I'm hoping Page will land a shot before Rashad can get his gameplan going but I think it's far more likely that Rashad wins on points or finishes Page with GnP.

Now if Rashad stands with Page I feel a whole lot better about Page's chances. Am I underestimating Quinton's TD defense? I hope so
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks)   Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 11:27 am

Want- Rampage
Think - Rampage

KO

So Rashad couldn't hold down a Thiago with a fucked up back despite getting multiple takedowns but he's going to hold down Rampage?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks)   Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 11:29 am

boomer sooner wrote:
Rashad's camp looks ridiculous -- Shane Carwin and Mo Lawal are way better training partners than anyone the Wolf's Lair can offer. To be honest, after watching Rashad's camp footage, Quinton's looked a little pathetic. 7 and a half minute miles? Are you kidding me?

Rampage has never been into training and isn't stopped him from being a fuckin beast for years now. All the traininig Rashad does isn't going to help his chin
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks)   Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 11:39 am

Want=Rampage
Think= Rampage

Rashad got a gift when he caught that kick and the ref stopped the fight with Forrest to win the belt.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks)   Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 11:44 am

NoRegret wrote:
Want to win= Rashad
Think Will Win= Rampage
WTF? i will disown you lol!
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks)   Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 11:49 am

Want to win= Rampage
Think will win= Rampage, cuz i like him. He's funny
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks)   Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 11:49 am

Want to win= RAMPAGE Think will win= RAMPAGE
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks)   Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 12:08 pm

Rampage on both counts.

For all his shit-talk and bravado, I have no doubt that Rashad will fight the same way he did vs Chuck. He's going to be flat-out running, which may frustrate Rampage just like it did Chuck. Only difference is that Shad won't be able to drop Rampage like he did the shopworn Liddell.

I kinda fear that despite all the hype, this fight may be kind of boring with Rashad not wanting to engage in any way. I hope that's not the fact and I have been wrong a bajillion times in the past. I hope I'm wrong again.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks)   Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 12:15 pm

by the way krazy horse i loved the hightlight you put up i had to show some love for it.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks)   Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 12:24 pm

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Rampage on both counts.

For all his shit-talk and bravado, I have no doubt that Rashad will fight the same way he did vs Chuck. He's going to be flat-out running, which may frustrate Rampage just like it did Chuck. Only difference is that Shad won't be able to drop Rampage like he did the shopworn Liddell.

I kinda fear that despite all the hype, this fight may be kind of boring with Rashad not wanting to engage in any way. I hope that's not the fact and I have been wrong a bajillion times in the past. I hope I'm wrong again.

I'm with Krazyhorse on this one. He brings up a good point. When was the last time Shad was is a entertaining fight? He'll try his best to decision Page.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks)   Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 12:32 pm

I "want" it to look like the two pasties in my avatar because I think they're (Shad & Page) both dumb shits... I "think" Rampage brutally rapes Rashad.

Last edited by LikesToFightGuy on Thu May 20, 2010 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks)   Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 12:42 pm

Rampage
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks)   Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 12:51 pm

Rashad is smaller and has a possibly questionable chin but otherwise he is better, smarter and faster than Rampage across the board. Rampage looks like a J O K E. Rashad unless he catches one that exposes a weak chin should win this easily with speed and smarts. Quinton won't be able to walk after this fight with the leg kicks he will take. bet that right now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks)   Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 12:56 pm

I want Page to win and I think he will win by KO at anytime in the fight.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks)   Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 12:57 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Rashad is smaller and has a possibly questionable chin but otherwise he is better, smarter and faster than Rampage across the board. Rampage looks like a J O K E. Rashad unless he catches one that exposes a weak chin should win this easily with speed and smarts. Quinton won't be able to walk after this fight with the leg kicks he will take. bet that right now.
jardine kicks harder than rashad right? it didnt seem to effect rampage in that fight.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks)   Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 2:14 pm

Page on both.

though I am very torn on my pick. I was leaning heavily page prior to tuf, heavily toward shad after tuf, and then totally split post thiago.

Page is clearly the stronger tougher fighter, but I think Shad will have a speed and gameplan adv.

I think it will be a standing affair, and shad will be on his horse, I see the times in which he jumps into the pocket as being few and far between. Will he score enough while on the run to win? I'm going to say no. If Page can't catch him he might just win via aggression.
Back to top Go down
simiroll

Favorite Fighter(s) : CroCop, Fedor, Shogun

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks)   Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 2:17 pm

boomer sooner wrote:

i watched UFC Primetime last night and was thinking along the same lines. the level of talent that Greg Jackson has compared to Wolfslair isnt even close...and when Rampage said about the 7 1/2 minute miles...i was thinking, thats not incredible fast. i think thats the only saving grace for Rashad, his training camp...

but here we go...

think will win = Rashad
hopes will win = Rampage with KTFO
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks)   Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 3:13 pm

Whoa... Simiroll in the house. Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks)   Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 4:11 pm

I will take Shad all the way. Page is to stupid, slow, and as Shad pointed out, his balloon sized head is the perfect target for Shad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks)   Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks) Empty

Back to top Go down

Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans (Your Picks)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next