Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute

Go down 
+3
marbleheadmaui
NBrooks5
dmar5143
7 posters
AuthorMessage

HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute Empty
PostSubject: HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute   HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute EmptyTue May 18, 2010 3:02 pm

Romanian newspaper Crai Nou reports that American television network HBO is pushing for a fight between IBF super middleweight champion Lucian Bute and soon to be contender Kelly Pavlik. The former middleweight champion Pavlik is moving up due to his inability to make the middleweight limit in a safe manner.

Speaking with sources in Bute's camp, it's being said the network is having trouble coming up with worthy opponents for Bute next televised appearance. Most of the super middleweight fighters with any name recognition are involved in the Super Six tournament being run by HBO's network rival, Showtime.

Last month HBO placed both Bute and Pavlik in a split-feed televised doubleheader. The purpose of the doubleheader to build a Bute-Pavlik fight at the end of the year. Bute knocked out Edison Miranda but Pavlik lost a unanimous decision to Sergio Martinez in the main event. HBO still wants to make Bute-Pavlik and they are more interested now that Pavlik officially announced his move to 168-pounds.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=27887
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute   HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute EmptyTue May 18, 2010 3:06 pm

good for hbo...i like that matchup..its not going 12..
Back to top Go down
NBrooks5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
NBrooks5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny, JMM, Casamayor and Katsidis

PostSubject: Re: HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute   HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute EmptyTue May 18, 2010 3:08 pm

I don't think this would turn out well for Pavlik.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute   HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute EmptyTue May 18, 2010 3:12 pm

i tend to agree
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute   HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute EmptyTue May 18, 2010 4:10 pm

Good fight, but Bute seems to be improving and Kelly, well, not so much.

From a styles perspective it seems to me Pavlik is ready made for Bute.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute   HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:03 pm

I would like to see that fight, but I feel Pavlik should have a confidence builder first. Pavlik vs Jesse Brinkley in August with the winner to face Bute in the winter sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute   HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:09 pm

NBrooks5 wrote:
I don't think this would turn out well for Pavlik.
I agree but hey what can Pavlik do?
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

PostSubject: Re: HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute   HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:11 pm

Canvas wrote:
I would like to see that fight, but I feel Pavlik should have a confidence builder first. Pavlik vs Jesse Brinkley in August with the winner to face Bute in the winter sounds good to me.
i agree. pavlik needs an easier fight at 168 first to get used to the weight and to build his confidence. if he can build his confidence back up i think that pavlik could pull it off.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute   HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:26 pm

Nighty, night Pavlik.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute   HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:29 pm

Kelly Pavlik will never improve for as long as he keeps Jack Loew as his trainer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute   HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:29 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Kelly Pavlik will never improve for as long as he keeps Jack Loew as his trainer.
Man why does he keep that guy?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute   HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:39 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
Man why does he keep that guy?

They are pretty close, Kelly probably looks up to him as a father figure. Bob Arum needs to step in and convince Kelly to hire a better trainer.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute   HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:49 pm

yes kelly has layality to loew.big mistake..it would be great if he took a role in the camp but not as trainer maybe asst trainer but i dont see him doing that playing second banana..a new cut man for dam sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute   HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:50 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
yes kelly has layality to loew.big mistake..it would be great if he took a role in the camp but not as trainer maybe asst trainer but i dont see him doing that playing second banana..a new cut man for dam sure.

That's what I think would be best dmar. Because Kelly and Jack are so close sacking him would be too drastic, so a demotion to assistant trainer would be a smart idea.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute   HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:52 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:

That's what I think would be best dmar. Because Kelly and Jack are so close sacking him would be too drastic, so a demotion to assistant trainer would be a smart idea.

Or maybe you promote him to "manager?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute   HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:56 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:

I think Kelly's manager is Cameron Dunkin.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute   HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:57 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:

I think Kelly's manager is Cameron Dunkin.

OK, so it was a crappy idea Smile
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute   HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:57 pm

so basically HBO wants to see Kelly knocked out and watch Loew have a nervous breakdown while cuddling Kellys unconscious head while Loew yells "Oh please, please Kelly wake the fuck up we gotta double the fucking jab"

I honestly think Jack Loew just says that when he doesnt know what the fuck to do

Mr Loew what is the quadrant of 268??

Jaack Loew : uhhhh, well ughh, ya see, you gotta double the fucking jab damn it

Mr. Loew how much is too much?

Jack Loew : uh well , ya see, when too much, is too much, you gotta double that fucking jab
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute   HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute Empty

Back to top Go down

HBO pushing for Kelly Pavlik vs Lucian Bute
Page 1 of 1