Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Your Favorite Fighters?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Your Favorite Fighters? Empty
PostSubject: Your Favorite Fighters?   Your Favorite Fighters? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 8:18 pm

Just interested who is some of your favorite fighters and why?
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Fighters?   Your Favorite Fighters? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 10:43 pm

manny pacquiao- dude has evolved his game i remember his early days he was a one handed fighter and he's learned to become a two handed fighter. his speed and angles he throws punches from are rediculous. i could go on but those are my main.

floyd mayweather- this is all that needs to be said he's taken boxing and perfected it.

Yuriorkis Gamboa- has that unorthodox roy jones type of style but can also box. when him and juan ma fight, that fight is going to say a lot about him.

Paul Williams- He needs to learn how to use his length and box from the outside. Has all the potential in the world and shows signs of being a great boxer.

Roy Jones- Did all the wrong things at the right time. his athletecism alone is what made roy great and he had one punch power. his fights w/ hop and toney at middleweight stand out the most to me as far as what Roy could do.

B-Hop- I've always like Hop a lot of people find him boring or a dirty fighter. all i can say is, and correct me if i'm wrong, he defended the middleweight title 16 times? knows how to fight on the inside and has a defense up there with the best
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Fighters?   Your Favorite Fighters? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 10:47 pm

if you mean today then here goes a few.1. manny pac..if there ever was a throwback to the golden age of boxing heres a great example..fast hands moves well punches with power definetly not afraid to mix it up nor fight the best competion nor not afraid of the bigger guys..has a balance problem but outside that a truely great one..2.kelly pavik..what i like about kelly is hes a blue collar guy thaT HAS NOT FORGOT HIS ROOTS.IN FACT HE LOVES HIS ROOTS.GOOD KID AND GOOD FAMILY GUY..AS A FIGHTER IVE SEEN MANY OF KELLYS STATURE..in another era the 50s kelly would of been a contender..bottom half for a while of the top ten ..in a earlier age a good fighter not a contender but a fighter you fight as a test to see if your going to or are ready for the final 2 levels..he can punch for sure..most of the time a excellent work rate.hes not boring..a likeable honest down to earg guy....shane mosley...excellent fighter...boarderline HOFAMER at best..yes thell vote him in by my book says boarderline..i like him cause hes a class act..a likeable nice guy..good power and hand and foot speed in his prime.lots of courage..his one mistake and its not career wise like floyd hints at was getting invloved with balco...victor conte conned every athelet that ever went to him..i got some great vitamin stuff etc etc..shane im sure for 3 fights or so not his entire career was using contes junk..martinez..wow a great humble talented fighter .a class act.my kind of guy and fighter..the last 2 or 3 fights he had made me a fan..not a big puncher yet will mix it up briefly..great speed and footwork and fun to watch.
there are several i lkike..some i dont like for sure..these ones stand out as my favorites...today that is ..not all time.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Fighters?   Your Favorite Fighters? EmptySat May 15, 2010 12:53 am

Pacquiao and Vic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Fighters?   Your Favorite Fighters? EmptySat May 15, 2010 6:12 am

Carl Froch
Jean Pascal
Michael Katsidis
Tomasz Adamek
Arthur Abraham
Timothy Bradley
Sergio Martinez
Floyd Mayweather Jr
Humberto Soto
Juan Manuel Marquez
Amir Khan

Last edited by Ali_1748 on Sat May 15, 2010 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Fighters?   Your Favorite Fighters? EmptySat May 15, 2010 11:10 am

Allan Green- He is from Oklahoma and he will win soon beat Ward
Pac- Been a huge fan of his since Ledwaba
Bute- That guy is a beast
Gamboa- Man he is good
Glen Johnson- Will fight anyone anytime and is about as nice as they come
Cotto- Great fighter that ran into a cheater and then lost to the best fighter in the world. He will be back
Berto- I like how he is not scared to trade and he can land some bombs
Adamek- Highlander Chin need I say more
Cintron- I might be the only guy who still likes him
Cloud- He will beat Bad Chad someday and I really like his style
Angulo- Who doesnt like this guy
Alexander- Great fighter fun to watch
Bradley- Another Great fighter fun to watch.
OK there are too many I am just going to list the rest
JMM, Kat, Mitchel, Juan Diaz, Juan Ma, Lueveno

I am leaving off some but thats all I can think of right now.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Fighters?   Your Favorite Fighters? EmptySat May 15, 2010 11:29 am

1. Mayweather
2. Erik Morales
3. B-Hop
4. Antiono Margarito

Thats just a few.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Fighters?   Your Favorite Fighters? EmptySat May 15, 2010 11:30 am

timthebim wrote:
1. Mayweather
2. Erik Morales
3. B-Hop
4. Antiono Margarito

Thats just a few.

Even after plastergate ?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Fighters?   Your Favorite Fighters? EmptySat May 15, 2010 11:47 am

Yeah I know it sucks but I still think he is very entertaining to watch fight although he will probably never be able to shake the bad rep he has now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Fighters?   Your Favorite Fighters? EmptySat May 15, 2010 11:49 am

timthebim wrote:
Yeah I know it sucks but I still think he is very entertaining to watch fight although he will probably never be able to shake the bad rep he has now.

I was a huge Margarito fan, but plastergate broke my heart.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Fighters?   Your Favorite Fighters? EmptySat May 15, 2010 11:51 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
timthebim wrote:

I was a huge Margarito fan, but plastergate broke my heart.

I agree but hopefully over time he can redeem himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Fighters?   Your Favorite Fighters? EmptySat May 15, 2010 11:54 am

He would redeem himself if he actually confessed and let everyone know the truth. The fact he laid all the blame on his trainer only made things worse.
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Fighters?   Your Favorite Fighters? EmptySat May 15, 2010 11:55 am

sounds like luis resto and panama lewis
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Fighters?   Your Favorite Fighters? EmptySat May 15, 2010 11:57 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
He would redeem himself if he actually confessed and let everyone know the truth. The fact he laid all the blame on his trainer only made things worse.

Yeah im with u he should have just been honest about the whole thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Fighters?   Your Favorite Fighters? EmptySat May 15, 2010 12:00 pm

It's really frustrating because Margarito vs Cotto was a special fight, now it's tarnished.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Fighters?   Your Favorite Fighters? EmptySat May 15, 2010 12:03 pm

Yes it is but Im alittle surprised that the Cotto camp didnt have much more of an uproar about the whole suituation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Fighters?   Your Favorite Fighters? EmptySat May 15, 2010 12:15 pm

1. PBF - There are so many details in the way he fights. He is so complete as a boxer and a world class athlete on top of it. Student of the game outside of the ring, master inside of it.

2. Andre Ward - Similar to PBF. I like slick, technical fighters. Anytime a great athlete relies on brains and strategy, I'm a fan. And unlike PBF, he's a class act outside the ring as well.

3. Jorge Linares - He's off the radar right now, but he's young enough and talented enough to still be a star. Like the others he's technically very sound and poised in the ring. He got dropped badly a few fights back so he's at a crossroads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Fighters?   Your Favorite Fighters? Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Favorite Fighters?
Page 1 of 1