Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time?

Go down 
+12
LA
GDPofDRC
Wolfgangsta
Cu Bu
Ninja
Birdofthad
oggy420
Ludo
ohiovol62
Andrew the Raider King
Farmer1906
OU
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time?   Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 11:15 pm

I am not having this discussion again, but Tito has tons of legit wins and apart from his last fight never lost to someone who probably wasn't considered the best in the world at the moment of the fight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time?   Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 1:25 am

That is a tough ranking to make. Mostly has to do with the head to heads between Chuck, Wand and Rampage.

Shogun
3 way tie Wand Chuck Rampage (I cna't stop arguing myself over how to rank them, it's an MC Escher discussion.)
Randy
Tito
Frank
Hendo
Rogerio
Machida
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: TITO ORTIZ   Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 2:10 pm

TITO

record 15-7

Loss Forrest Griffin Decision (Split) UFC 106 - Ortiz vs. Griffin 2 11/21/2009 3 5:00
Loss Lyoto Machida Decision (Unanimous) UFC 84 - Ill Will 5/24/2008 3 5:00
Draw Rashad Evans Draw (Unanimous) UFC 73 - Stacked 7/7/2007 3 5:00
Loss Chuck Liddell TKO (Punches) UFC 66 - Liddell vs. Ortiz II 12/30/2006 3 3:59
Win Ken Shamrock TKO (Punches) UFC - The Final Chapter 10/10/2006 1 2:23
Win Ken Shamrock TKO (Elbows) UFC 61 - Bitter Rivals 7/8/2006 1 1:18
Win Forrest Griffin Decision (Split) UFC 59 - Reality Check 4/15/2006 3 5:00
Win Vitor Belfort Decision (Split) UFC 51 - Super Saturday 2/5/2005 3 5:00
Win Patrick Cote Decision (Unanimous) UFC 50 - The War of '04 10/22/2004 3 5:00
Loss Chuck Liddell KO (Punches) UFC 47 - It's On 4/2/2004 2 0:38
Loss Randy Couture Decision (Unanimous) UFC 44 - Undisputed 9/26/2003 5 5:00
Win Ken Shamrock TKO (Corner Stoppage) UFC 40 - Vendetta 11/22/2002 3 5:00
Win Vladimir Matyushenko Decision (Unanimous) UFC 33 - Victory in Vegas 9/28/2001 5 5:00
Win Elvis Sinosic TKO (Punches and Elbows) UFC 32 - Showdown in the Meadowlands 6/29/2001 1 3:32
Win Evan Tanner KO (Slam) UFC 30 - Battle on the Boardwalk 2/23/2001 1 0:32
Win Yuki Kondo Submission (Neck Crank) UFC 29 - Defense of the Belts 12/16/2000 1 1:52
Win Wanderlei Silva Decision (Unanimous) UFC 25 - Ultimate Japan 3 4/14/2000 5 5:00
Loss Frank Shamrock Submission (Strikes) UFC 22 - There Can Be Only One Champion 9/24/1999 4 4:42
Win Guy Mezger TKO (Strikes) UFC 19 - Ultimate Young Guns 3/5/1999 1 9:56
Win Jerry Bohlander TKO (Strikes) UFC 18 - Road to the Heavyweight Title 1/8/1999 1 14:31
Win Jeremy Screeton Submission (Knees) WCNHBC - West Coast NHB Championships 1 12/8/1998 1 0:16
Loss Guy Mezger Submission (Guillotine Choke) UFC 13 - The Ultimate Force 5/30/1997 1 3:00
Win Wes Albritton
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time?   Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:39 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Who has defended the LHW crown more times in the UFC? Thanks. And I don't want to hear for a second that Tito doesn't have legit title defenses. Babalu and Jeremy Horn and Wanderlei's Yocoshrio Shemishisma(x12) wins are no different.

I think people look to downgrade Tito because they hate him. Before the Jenna business he was usually top 5, now he is 7, 10, constantly. Silly.
5 defenses for Tito

4 for Frank, and one of those 4 was over Tito who weighed 220 night of the fight compared to Franks 195
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time?   Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:40 pm

and great add whoever had Guy Mezger in their list

most underrated light Heavy ever imo
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time?   Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 6:26 pm

That is an awesome record. He only fights about once a year. Bohlander was a top five opponent that Tito dominated early in his career, Forrest and Rashad were top five type opponents later on that Tito has fought tooth and nail with every time he has fought one of them recently. But I won't change your perspective on him. The only thing I want you to admit is you don't like him.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time?   Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 6:49 pm

Bohlander was the top under 200 pound fighter in the world IMO when TIto absolutely controlled him with wrestling

very impressive win

i think Tito is top 10 just not as high as others have him

i think everyone on here has forgotten that Guy was one leg away from kimura'ing tito in the rematch. (he damn near got him from half guard, right when Guy went to really crank it Tito was able to step over into side mount
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time?   Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 9:45 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
That is an awesome record. He only fights about once a year. Bohlander was a top five opponent that Tito dominated early in his career, Forrest and Rashad were top five type opponents later on that Tito has fought tooth and nail with every time he has fought one of them recently. But I won't change your perspective on him. The only thing I want you to admit is you don't like him.

what top opponant did he finish?

I dont hate tito dont like him alot either.

WOlf why does everyone say your an ass? Its been a quite nice back and forth
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time?   Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 9:58 pm

Because in the past I would have brutalized you for your criminal underrating of Tito. lol

Seriously though, he beat Mezger, Bohlander, Vitor(conveniant to discount it by saying he was off his rocker then)Matyushenko who was top ten then, Kondo who was top ten then, Shamrock who was still decent the first time they fought, Tanner who is a legend who was top ten when they fought.

People want to use accomplishments of Tanner and Kondo and stuff in other weight classes as an argument for why Tito sucks and it is pretty fucking retarded if you ask me. All the great LHWs resumes could be picked apart just as bad if not worse. I don't subscribe to Tito bashing, nor Liddell bashing, nor Silva bashing, but I could pick either of their resumes apart just as easily.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time?   Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:01 pm

at a time Titos wrestling could possibly get him a W over any Light Heavy in the history

I hate Tito but another thing people just flat out DONT KNOW is Tito was winning on the cards against Frank, even though Frank clearly stole all the momentum at the end of round 3, before Frank KOd Tito in the 4th TIto was giving Frank a tough fight and had Frank on his back for a good portion of the fight
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time?   Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:51 pm

Tito has been competitive with top fighters his whole career. He has more longevity than anyone apart from Wanderlei where he is close.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time?   Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 9:39 am

I think tito belongs somewhere in top 15 but he is overrated in your sick head.

15-7 awesome record?

what name in peoples top 10 did he finish?

cote and tanner are mws
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time?   Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 7:55 pm

Tanner was a LHW his entire career until close to the end when he dropped down.

Somewhere in the top 15? If Tito was a likable guy people would have him uniformly top 5. Strange how outside factors influence people...

15-7 with a lot of those being relatively recent losses, and btw, what is Randy's career record?
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time?   Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 8:35 pm

wolfie- I am begining to think you dont know what your talking about. ET had a middle weight fight right before his Ortiz fight. I count 14 fights for him at MW so yeah dropped right at the end Rolling Eyes

why no mention of COte?

also Randys record is 18-10

finishes over Liddell,Belfortx2,P rizzo,gonzaga

owns a V over Ortiz and fights with Nog ,Lesnar,Barnett

Ortiz only has 1 quality finish win and that isMetzger(1999)

I dont have Randy Top 5 DO I ??
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time?   Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:03 pm

so where does Frank rank Wolf since he beat the prime Tito
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time?   Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:54 am

bird he has frank 4 I believe.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time?   Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:54 am

You're talking about finishes and not wins? In that case if that is your grading standard then I can I understand having him lower. However in my mind Ortiz will always be second fiddle only to Liddell because Ortiz ran Wanderei off to Japan(yo everyone forgets Ortiz flat out drops Wanderlei with a punch in that bout) and holds the title defense record. I don't abitrarily penalize Ortiz for fights with guys who were fighting at MW after the Ortiz bout but spent the majority of the prior five bouts defending a HEAVYWEIGHT title in a smaller show. Don't know about Tanner's fight at UFC 25, but he was mostly a LHW HW at that point in his career and his real, perminant drop to MW doesn't happen until he fights Franklin at 205 if I recall. He defeated Travis Fulton in a HW title fight immediately before taking on Ortiz.

And this is the thing. If Tito were likable people wouldn't hold this win against him, but because Tito is hated he is actually penalized for taking out a UFC champion with a brutal slam. Human beings are not very relaible processors of information that is for sure.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time?   Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 12:01 am

Yeah wolf I hear you , but you dont answere any questions and rank Liddell #1 and say dont know if he was the best but he was the most popular.

Tito 15-7 with 3 over Ken and cote who is middle weight. A few cans and no finishes does not equal #2 in my mind
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time?   Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 4:10 pm

Lol everyone, especially fighters from years ago fought fighters who had success in other weight classes. Everyone has questionable fights and easy wins on their record. Why does Tito get penalized? Your opinion is based on an arbitrary qualifier which isn't realistic nor rational. My opinion.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time?   Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 4:29 pm

Ur list is very respectable with the exception of Tito at 2, if this was ur classic who beats who style list, he'd be very low.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time?   Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 5:59 pm

I think Tito would or at least could beat most of the alltime 205'rs. Only Liddell and Couture had the wrestling to stop him. Maybe Rampage too, and I can point to performances by Jackson that make it look like Rampage would beat Tito, but I can point to three times as many that make me think the reverse.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time?   Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 6:12 pm

i think Chuck beats Tito everytime and same with Frank
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time?   Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 6:34 pm

I think Rampage has the same pedigree to beat Tito every time, alot like Chuck. Rampage was/is a more athletic, stronger striking version of Chuck.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time?   Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 6:37 pm

LOL Wolf all over Tito's balls again. Tito is possibly the most overrated of the top lhw's.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time?   Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 6:52 pm

Oggy I'd argue the reverse. Jackson's wrestling has been exposable many times in his career and he has never really had rock solid takedown D with his style the way it is. It would depend on the version of each fighter but early 2000s Tito vs Pride Rampage is a win for Tito, but the Rampage that beat Dan Henderson would probably beat Tito every time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time?   Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Light-Heayweights of all time?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next