Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC PPV Vs. UFC Cable TV

Go down 
+3
Fra-gee-lay
Thomasdrrn09
ChaoscamelWV
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ChaoscamelWV
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ChaoscamelWV

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor, Shogun, Henderson, GSP, Florian

UFC PPV Vs. UFC Cable TV Empty
PostSubject: UFC PPV Vs. UFC Cable TV   UFC PPV Vs. UFC Cable TV EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 2:56 pm

With all the talk about a possible UFC TV deal, does anyone know if PPV caliber shows would then be seen on cable TV? In other words, UFC 104,5,10,20 etc. on cable TV? It goes without saying that I'd shit my pants if I could turn on the TV Saturday night and watch 5 or 6 PPV caliber matches without paying 50 bucks. The sport would explode exponentially with that kind of access. Also, what would this do to the UFC's profit margin in comparison to PPV. There would be commercials and advertisements etc., but does anyone have any idea of what this would do to the UFC's ability to pay fighters, continue to expand, etc?
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

PostSubject: Re: UFC PPV Vs. UFC Cable TV   UFC PPV Vs. UFC Cable TV EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 2:58 pm

If UFC can reach a deal with ESPN/ABC then yeah. I hope to see brock vs fedor on ABC.
Back to top Go down
Fra-gee-lay
White Belt
White Belt
Fra-gee-lay

Favorite Fighter(s) : Kazushi Sakuraba, Vitor Belfort

PostSubject: Re: UFC PPV Vs. UFC Cable TV   UFC PPV Vs. UFC Cable TV EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 3:07 pm

Fight for the Troops was on regular T.V. and that may be the best event i've ever seen as far as exciting fights.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: UFC PPV Vs. UFC Cable TV   UFC PPV Vs. UFC Cable TV EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 4:28 pm

caos would you shrinking your av. That thing takes forever to load.
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

Favorite Fighter(s) : FEDOR

PostSubject: Re: UFC PPV Vs. UFC Cable TV   UFC PPV Vs. UFC Cable TV EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 7:44 pm

Fighter pay would undoubtedly continue to go up but instead of ppv bonuses they would just get big time salaries. TV shows with decent ratings on the networks get about 250K for 30 seconds of commercial time. Now think about how many commercials there would be for a UFC event and considering the ratings would be high that number would be a lot higher. There is a lot of money to be had on Network TV.
Back to top Go down
joshkellerseattle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
joshkellerseattle

Favorite Fighter(s) : Machida, GSP, Randy

PostSubject: Re: UFC PPV Vs. UFC Cable TV   UFC PPV Vs. UFC Cable TV EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 8:02 pm

Honestly, if there's one aspect about the backstage world of UFC I'd NEVER want to hear about again is fighter's pay.

If they sign the contracts, then who are you to bitch about them making more money? I just don't understand how this is always a hot button issue for people. (And not attacking anyone in the thread, just more of a general statement)
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

PostSubject: Re: UFC PPV Vs. UFC Cable TV   UFC PPV Vs. UFC Cable TV EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 8:17 pm

joshkellerseattle wrote:
Honestly, if there's one aspect about the backstage world of UFC I'd NEVER want to hear about again is fighter's pay.

If they sign the contracts, then who are you to bitch about them making more money? I just don't understand how this is always a hot button issue for people. (And not attacking anyone in the thread, just more of a general statement)

Thats racist lol!
Back to top Go down
joshkellerseattle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
joshkellerseattle

Favorite Fighter(s) : Machida, GSP, Randy

PostSubject: Re: UFC PPV Vs. UFC Cable TV   UFC PPV Vs. UFC Cable TV EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 8:18 pm

But, I didn't call Soko a nappy headed ho this time!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
ChaoscamelWV
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ChaoscamelWV

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor, Shogun, Henderson, GSP, Florian

PostSubject: Re: UFC PPV Vs. UFC Cable TV   UFC PPV Vs. UFC Cable TV EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 8:47 pm

No, worries will change my avatar. Yeah, I'm with you on the fighters' pay. They make great money and they sign the contracts. My question was just out of general interest in how they might pay them differently without the ppv bonuses and how a tv deal would affect the UFC's income. Like Combat said, the money would be coming in from the ads and sponsors which would probably be more money in the long run than ppv buys. Plus, it's obviously great for the sport
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: UFC PPV Vs. UFC Cable TV   UFC PPV Vs. UFC Cable TV EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 10:11 pm

You can sign a contract and then feel you deserve more than what the contract originally stated. Challenging that is a supreme waste of time. It's a basic feature intrinsic to all pro sports.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC PPV Vs. UFC Cable TV   UFC PPV Vs. UFC Cable TV Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC PPV Vs. UFC Cable TV
Page 1 of 1