Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now?

Go down 
+3
timthebim
Birdofthad
Wolfgangsta
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now? Empty
PostSubject: Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now?   Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now? EmptySun May 02, 2010 7:54 pm

Much has been made of all the money left on the table by Mayweather-Pacman's falling through, but now that both fighters have gone out and dominated top five true welterweights in hugely successful PPV showings, answering questions from critics of both fighters, will this fight now be even bigger than it could have been then? Or has the delay hurt the final numbers for the fight?

I think the fight will be gigantic, and even bigger now than it ever could have been.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now?   Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now? EmptySun May 02, 2010 9:28 pm

only for Mayweather, he got 22 million and higher PPV number,

yes the fight will be bigger
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now?   Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now? EmptySun May 02, 2010 9:46 pm

I dont know how it can get bigger than it already is until they say it is official and is definitely happening and the trash talk picks up then it will be bigger. Until then I dont think Pac beating Clottey or Floyd beating Shane made it bigger. Its still and always have been the fight people wanted to see.
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now?   Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now? EmptySun May 02, 2010 10:34 pm

timthebim wrote:
I dont know how it can get bigger than it already is until they say it is official and is definitely happening and the trash talk picks up then it will be bigger. Until then I dont think Pac beating Clottey or Floyd beating Shane made it bigger. Its still and always have been the fight people wanted to see.

+1
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now?   Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now? EmptyMon May 03, 2010 12:26 am

Analyists were expecting it to do around 2 million. Pacman by himself against a credible, but nameless fighter did 700k correct? If Shane and Floyd who are both marketable draws pull 1.8 together then expectations for Manny-Money should rise to 2.5 or 3 you could only assume. This fight was marketed extremely well and generated legitimate interest, but this would be nothing compared to the attention a Manny-Mayweather fight would draw. I know just within the MMA community this fight was a lot less important than a potential Mayweather-Pacman fight.

Everyone who spent 50 bucks on Manny and Pacman recently were at least treated by them both putting on amazing individual performances that even further illustrate the need for these two to fight eachother. I still think a 50-50 split is fair, and anything lower than 40-60 is a crime. Shane Mosley as a name and fighter is also responsible for this huge number. Against a credible but lesser known JMM Money's numbers were a lot closer to Pacman numbers. I know Money is the bigger of the two draws, but people are acting like Floyd Mayweather by himself made this fight as big as it was. What would Floyd-Clotty have done?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now?   Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now? EmptyMon May 03, 2010 12:31 am

DLH-Mayweather did 2.4 million. I think Mayweather and Pac would be right around that
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now?   Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now? EmptyMon May 03, 2010 12:35 am

2.5 at the lowest, maybe closer to 3.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now?   Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now? EmptyMon May 03, 2010 12:46 am

It's boxing last big fight that I can see, I say 2.7
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now?   Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now? EmptyMon May 03, 2010 12:51 am

ya that is fair. 3 million buys is probably impossible unless Brock Fedor was an undercard bout.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now?   Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now? EmptyMon May 03, 2010 12:53 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Analyists were expecting it to do around 2 million. Pacman by himself against a credible, but nameless fighter did 700k correct? If Shane and Floyd who are both marketable draws pull 1.8 together then expectations for Manny-Money should rise to 2.5 or 3 you could only assume. This fight was marketed extremely well and generated legitimate interest, but this would be nothing compared to the attention a Manny-Mayweather fight would draw. I know just within the MMA community this fight was a lot less important than a potential Mayweather-Pacman fight.

Everyone who spent 50 bucks on Manny and Pacman recently were at least treated by them both putting on amazing individual performances that even further illustrate the need for these two to fight eachother. I still think a 50-50 split is fair, and anything lower than 40-60 is a crime. Shane Mosley as a name and fighter is also responsible for this huge number. Against a credible but lesser known JMM Money's numbers were a lot closer to Pacman numbers. I know Money is the bigger of the two draws, but people are acting like Floyd Mayweather by himself made this fight as big as it was. What would Floyd-Clotty have done?

+1 even though I dont completely agree, I think Floyd is the bigger draw, numbers prove it, Pac is going to regret walking away from 50-50 next time they are at the table.

Mosley has never been a big PPV seller him and Oscar couldnt even clear a million, so this is a damn good number and if this ends up clearing 1.6 million buys thats a huge fucking success
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now?   Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now? EmptyMon May 03, 2010 1:02 am

Mosley-Mayweather is a special fight though as it was a fight that had nagged Mayweather for years. The marketing campaign of this fight did a great job of tapping into history that while still selling the fight as a credible matchup now.

Mayweather haters may have lost their biggest piece of ammunition yet.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now?   Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now? EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:55 pm

I think it will. This is the only fight I want to see bad. The last fight both were in sucked imo. Clottey and Mosley didn't do anything for almost the whole fight. I want to see Pac and PBF go at it. Then I am done forever!
I was excited in the 2nd round when Mosley clocked PBF. That was it.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now?   Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now? EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:57 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
I think it will. This is the only fight I want to see bad. The last fight both were in sucked imo. Clottey and Mosley didn't do anything for almost the whole fight. I want to see Pac and PBF go at it. Then I am done forever!
I was excited in the 2nd round when Mosley clocked PBF. That was it.

If u thought that was exciting just wait till Floyd boxes circles around Pac Man and beats him down as well LOL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now?   Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 4:20 am

If Manny can act like and adult and accept the blood tests, then the fight will be gargantuan.

I'm hoping we get to see it between September- December this year. But I have a bad feeling Manny will refuse the blood tests over some lame excuse.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now?   Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 10:07 am

Just saw this morning manny said he will test up to 2 weeks before the fight.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now?   Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 11:29 am

There's debate as to whether he actually said that or not. They said they are focused on winning his election for the time being
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now?   Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 2:00 pm

Winning his election! If he wins is he gonna step aside from boxing for a while??
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now?   Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 4:16 pm

Not sure. I don't think they've really said much in the way of him missing time
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now?   Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 4:19 pm

Wierd in the prime of his career he does something like runs for office.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now?   Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 4:25 pm

Well he did say awhile back he realistically only wanted to fight a few more times and then he was going to hang em up and run the Phillippines lol
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now?   Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 4:31 pm

Yeah most guys say that they only want a few more fights but I never believe them lol.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now?   Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now? EmptyWed May 05, 2010 1:14 am

Manny will be fighting in high dollar prizefights until he can no longer fight in high dollar prizefights.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now?   Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now? EmptyWed May 05, 2010 9:07 am

I would also thats why Im surprised he is running for office right now in the prime of his career. When he is all done he can run I just dont understand why now.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now?   Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now? EmptyWed May 05, 2010 2:10 pm

CC was a member of the Croatian parlament during his fighting prime. These countries are backward for these kind of reasons. Who "wins" elections? Popular fighters, celebrities, rich people ect who treat the government like a second job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now?   Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will the potential Mayweather-Pacman fight be even bigger now?
Page 1 of 1