Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Alright Fella's

Go down 
+4
Farmer1906
Bigs03
muayjitsu
GolbeZ
8 posters
AuthorMessage
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

Alright Fella's Empty
PostSubject: Alright Fella's   Alright Fella's EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 3:51 am

I am in the process of moving to austin August 15th.. and I have a lot of shit to do.. I am crashing at my buddies place in Austin till then, so I can find a job and get all my school shit done before I move in...

anyway.. I am saying that I am not going to be around as regular as I usually am throughout August .. I will get on to check up on things and the night of fights.. but if you guys could leave a comment of updates of any changes to a card on the thread itself.. then i will update my pick'ems..

I updated the WEC 42 event to only the Main Card because it was winning the poll .. and I deleted the Affliction card.

Last edited by GolbeZ on Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

Alright Fella's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Fella's   Alright Fella's EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 4:00 am

Good luck on the move. Austin is a great town for single young guys. I used to party down on 6th street all the time untill I got married.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

Alright Fella's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Fella's   Alright Fella's EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 1:21 am

You lucky bastard, Golbez...I LOVE AUSTIN. Say hi to all the hot punani running around there for me...
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Alright Fella's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Fella's   Alright Fella's EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 7:55 pm

Austin has a ton of homos and single college chicks so whatever way you go, it is a good play to meet easy people.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

Alright Fella's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Fella's   Alright Fella's EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 3:30 pm

have fun in austin!
Back to top Go down
jaroman
White Belt
White Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Goran Reljic

Alright Fella's Empty
PostSubject: Pick 'Em Championship Suggestion   Alright Fella's EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 9:49 pm

Seeing that we are fight fans, I think we need to add a bit of the fight game to this fantasy game. Here is how I believe this should be accomplished:
-Oggy should be considered the first official Interim Forum Champion.
-The highest score on the next card (Strikeforce) should be considered his number one contender with a tie going to the poster with the better overall record.
-The First Forum Champion would then be crowned at UFC 102 between Oggy and the Strikeforce winner based on their picks pitted head to head with a tie going to the poster who correctly picked the highest profile disagreement.
-The highest UFC 102 score outside the title fight would then be considered the new number one contender for the next event.

Personally, I think we need some sort of Head to Head game to truly crown a champion. This would be a way to accomplish that without creating a whole new fantasy game. It wouldn't take any additional work above what is already done for the Pick 'Ems so, unless you guys dislike this for a reason I'm not seeing, I say we implement this immediately.

What say you all.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Alright Fella's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Fella's   Alright Fella's EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:29 pm

Im a little too stoned to fully undertsand it but IM DOWN!

BRING IT ON!
Back to top Go down
jaroman
White Belt
White Belt

Alright Fella's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Fella's   Alright Fella's EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:36 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Im a little too stoned to fully undertsand it but IM DOWN!

BRING IT ON!

Good stuff, since you are 1/2 of the people we need to get this started. Your number one contender will be determined tomorrow and the rest of the head to head rules and details can be worked out between now and UFC 102.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

Alright Fella's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Fella's   Alright Fella's EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 11:29 pm

sombodies first pick on a pickem shouldnt be able to challenge the champion... just like in real fight ladders.

for instance ... everyone has been picking every card and somebody goes 10-0 on a ufc card ...

maybe perhaps you break into the top 10 or have a certain ratio to be able to jump up into the challenging.. maybe +15 ...

I have been emphasizing strongly for everyone to pick every event, and people seem not to. This makes it to where picking every event isnt that important and slightly punishes those that have been..
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Alright Fella's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Fella's   Alright Fella's EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 11:32 pm

I have been considering doing a playoff system with the top 8 and than after the crowning of the champion.. all the records reset... just havnt been around to really get into it atm.
Back to top Go down
jaroman
White Belt
White Belt

Alright Fella's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Fella's   Alright Fella's EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 11:48 pm

sombodies first pick on a pickem shouldnt be able to challenge the champion... just like in real fight ladders.
-Agreed, put in place a minimum number of picks required or a specific correct pick ratio in order to earn a title shot

maybe perhaps you break into the top 10 or have a certain ratio to be able to jump up into the challenging.. maybe +15 ...
-Something like this would work, but be careful not to impose a system that sees the same three people always challenging for the title.

I have been emphasizing strongly for everyone to pick every event, and people seem not to. This makes it to where picking every event isnt that important and slightly punishes those that have been..
-Agreed, but under my proposed system, each and every event would allow anyone the chance to bust it out and earn a title shot for the next event. I think this would give people with less than perfect records a reason to keep trying each event.

I have been considering doing a playoff system with the top 8 and than after the crowning of the champion.. all the records reset... just havnt been around to really get into it atm.
-I posted a similar suggestion to you guys months ago and would still think it is a good idea. However, as you said this would take a bit more work to organize. Plus, it kind of has the feel of a postseason, which just isn't MMA. Non-resetting records and beating the champ to become the champ - that's MMA.

I say jumping in right now would be the best way to start this thing.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

Alright Fella's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Fella's   Alright Fella's EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 7:09 pm

im down! sounds fun
Back to top Go down
RPup0123
RPup0123

Favorite Fighter(s) : Kalib Starnes

Alright Fella's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Fella's   Alright Fella's EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 7:43 pm

Can we get winning percentage considered? haha
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Alright Fella's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Fella's   Alright Fella's EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:44 pm

update... alright so I found a job, cashier at Central Market (kind of an all organic grocery store.) Got all my school shit figured out, i.e. registering, signing up for classes, and financial aid. And sitting in my new room in my new apartment.. word!

However we dont have internet set up yet.. I am pirating this off someone who didnt secure the wireless, and its pretty slow as fuck. So I can only guess they are across the way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alright Fella's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Fella's   Alright Fella's Empty

Back to top Go down

Alright Fella's
Page 1 of 1