Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nightmare on Elm Street

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Nightmare on Elm Street Empty
PostSubject: Nightmare on Elm Street   Nightmare on Elm Street EmptySat May 01, 2010 12:53 am

I went to see the new movie tonight and to be honest it wasnt really as good as I thought they would do with the remake. Had alot of parts from the original which was cool and I thought the dude playing freddy did alright but the let down was there really wasnt any surprises! Any of u guys go see it??
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare on Elm Street   Nightmare on Elm Street EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:22 am

So u saw it? yeah I heard it was a let down, after Halley's performance in Watchmen thought he'd kill this part and movie, heard he did good, but it's tough to follow up a legend.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare on Elm Street   Nightmare on Elm Street EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:29 am

Yeah I saw it. It is worth going to see but it wasnt great.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare on Elm Street   Nightmare on Elm Street EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:30 am

Think I'll give it a rent when it's out

Sweet dreams Tim
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare on Elm Street   Nightmare on Elm Street EmptySat May 01, 2010 12:57 pm

Won't ever see it. Absolute blasphemy
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare on Elm Street   Nightmare on Elm Street EmptySat May 01, 2010 3:02 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Won't ever see it. Absolute blasphemy

Why do u say that??
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare on Elm Street   Nightmare on Elm Street EmptySat May 01, 2010 3:12 pm

Its a movie that had zero business being remade especially with that no talent ass clown playing Freddy. You can remake movies like Halloween and Friday the 13th because its just a guy behind a mask. You don't replace Robert Englund as Freddy. Ever.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare on Elm Street   Nightmare on Elm Street EmptySat May 01, 2010 3:14 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Its a movie that had zero business being remade especially with that no talent ass clown playing Freddy. You can remake movies like Halloween and Friday the 13th because its just a guy behind a mask. You don't replace Robert Englund as Freddy. Ever.

To much money to be made not too though. The dude actually didnt do a terrible job either. It will just take time to get used to him. There will probably be 6 more sequels so u got time to come around LOL.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare on Elm Street   Nightmare on Elm Street EmptySat May 01, 2010 3:19 pm

Lol believe me when I say I'll never see it. I'm sure it will do decent money but I'm glad every horror movie site reviewing it is saying it sucks. I don't know how many sequels will get made. Zombie's Halloween II did super shitty at the box office. People will go see remakes of the originals but after that its a much tougher sell
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare on Elm Street   Nightmare on Elm Street EmptySat May 01, 2010 3:24 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Lol believe me when I say I'll never see it. I'm sure it will do decent money but I'm glad every horror movie site reviewing it is saying it sucks. I don't know how many sequels will get made. Zombie's Halloween II did super shitty at the box office. People will go see remakes of the originals but after that its a much tougher sell

I agree with u the sequels are definitely harder to sell and it wasnt no where near as good as the original to me but it wasnt terrible I didnt think.
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare on Elm Street   Nightmare on Elm Street EmptySun May 02, 2010 10:42 pm

i thought it was good it wasn't to horrible IMO i mean i agree that freddy will never be the same w/o robert englund but i mean hell they didn't completely butcher the movie like they did w/ friday the 13th. they stuck to the same basic story line as the original and made it their own
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare on Elm Street   Nightmare on Elm Street EmptyMon May 03, 2010 12:13 am

timthebim wrote:
I went to see the new movie tonight and to be honest it wasnt really as good as I thought they would do with the remake. Had alot of parts from the original which was cool and I thought the dude playing freddy did alright but the let down was there really wasnt any surprises! Any of u guys go see it??

I knew it would suck.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare on Elm Street   Nightmare on Elm Street EmptyMon May 03, 2010 12:18 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
So u saw it? yeah I heard it was a let down, after Halley's performance in Watchmen thought he'd kill this part and movie, heard he did good, but it's tough to follow up a legend.

He had one good line in Watchmen when he told the prisoners they were locked up with him. I thought Watchmen sucked and the only way I would watch this is if it was on TV. There is only one Freddy and that was even played out back in the day. Hollywood needs another great horror flick and they need to stop remaking classics.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare on Elm Street   Nightmare on Elm Street EmptyMon May 03, 2010 12:21 am

Watchmen was a very good movie
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare on Elm Street   Nightmare on Elm Street EmptyMon May 03, 2010 12:31 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Watchmen was a very good movie

I thought it would be. When you guys hype a movie you are usually right. I just didn't like it much. Getting ready to watch Iron Man 2. I slept from 3pm to about 4 hours ago and I think I might be up for awhile. I was wore out from work the past three days. I had to pick a naked 300 lbs schizo up today. He had the word "Killer" Tatted on his shoulder. I kept thinking he was gonna go Hannibal on me. Tell Wolf I got his dad in the bed finally after about ten minutes.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare on Elm Street   Nightmare on Elm Street EmptyMon May 03, 2010 12:34 am

Oh and there is an old ladythat looks just like Eddie Murphy as g-ma Klump. Dead Ringer. She was laughing at this aid who walks funny and she said "cmon hopalong" just like Eddies voice in the movies. I had tears in my eyes from laughing!
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare on Elm Street   Nightmare on Elm Street EmptyTue May 04, 2010 5:50 pm

Speaking of horror remakes I'm hearing awesome things about Aja's remake of Piranha. That's my boy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare on Elm Street   Nightmare on Elm Street EmptyTue May 04, 2010 6:25 pm

Won't be long before they remake The Exorcist Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare on Elm Street   Nightmare on Elm Street Empty

Back to top Go down

Nightmare on Elm Street
Page 1 of 1