Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

JDS wants Cain, maybe Roy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

JDS wants Cain, maybe Roy Empty
PostSubject: JDS wants Cain, maybe Roy   JDS wants Cain, maybe Roy EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 4:42 pm

On Cain

“I was hoping to fight Velasquez”

“They don’t want to set a fight with Velasquez, for now it’s not interest for them. I was hoping for this fight because it makes total sense, but they don’t want it now... let’s wait and see"

On Roy

“He has shown he’s a very embattled fighter, is in a good moment on UFC and actually said he wanted to fight me... If it’s him or not, I don’t care.. I’ll be prepared to fight with whoever my opponent is and make it a good fight”

http://www.tatame.com/2010/04/25/Cigano--I-was-hoping-to-fight-Velasquez
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: JDS wants Cain, maybe Roy   JDS wants Cain, maybe Roy EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 4:46 pm

Well Roy is fighting Kongo and Cain's waiting for a title shot which leaves...Mir?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: JDS wants Cain, maybe Roy   JDS wants Cain, maybe Roy EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 5:03 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Well Roy is fighting Kongo and Cain's waiting for a title shot which leaves...Mir?

It makes sense. The only downside is that if Mir wins then he's back into the mix. I kind of want him to fade away when it comes to contenders.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: JDS wants Cain, maybe Roy   JDS wants Cain, maybe Roy EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 5:16 pm

Mir dont seem to be able to take a solid punch anymore so I think JDS hits him early and often and finishes him.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: JDS wants Cain, maybe Roy   JDS wants Cain, maybe Roy EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 5:27 pm

Yeah because four uppercuts from Carwin before your knees buckle means you can't take a punch.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: JDS wants Cain, maybe Roy   JDS wants Cain, maybe Roy EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 6:13 pm

LudoCain wrote:
Yeah because four uppercuts from Carwin before your knees buckle means you can't take a punch.

Dude he has been KOed 4 or 5 times in his career and 2 of his last 3 fights. He is getting up there in age alittle now and I dont think it is a stretch to say he cant take a punch like he used too.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: JDS wants Cain, maybe Roy   JDS wants Cain, maybe Roy EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 6:24 pm

timthebim wrote:
LudoCain wrote:

Dude he has been KOed 4 or 5 times in his career and 2 of his last 3 fights. He is getting up there in age alittle now and I dont think it is a stretch to say he cant take a punch like he used too.

That might have something to do with facing Carwin and Lesnar.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: JDS wants Cain, maybe Roy   JDS wants Cain, maybe Roy EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 6:41 pm

Could be but JDS isnt far off there level.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: JDS wants Cain, maybe Roy   JDS wants Cain, maybe Roy EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 8:41 pm

timthebim wrote:

From a raw power standpoint he sure as hell is. He won't be able to bully Mir against the cage to set up the kind of uppercuts Carwin did, or hold Mir down to bust him up like Lesnar did. He very well can beat Mir if he catches him flush, but who's to say he can do it before Mir gets him down and submits him.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: JDS wants Cain, maybe Roy   JDS wants Cain, maybe Roy EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 8:56 pm

But would Mir absorb his hypetrain? The UFC HW division is overloaded with trains.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: JDS wants Cain, maybe Roy   JDS wants Cain, maybe Roy EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 10:58 pm

LudoCain wrote:
timthebim wrote:

From a raw power standpoint he sure as hell is. He won't be able to bully Mir against the cage to set up the kind of uppercuts Carwin did, or hold Mir down to bust him up like Lesnar did. He very well can beat Mir if he catches him flush, but who's to say he can do it before Mir gets him down and submits him.

When the hell is the last time Mir actually tried to take some1 to the ground?? He thinks he is a KO machine now. He didnt try with Nog, Carwin, or Kongo. The only reason he tried to take Brock down is because he got hurt in the standup. Mir does have great sub skills but I think alot of people overrate them at this stage of his career cause he dont use them. He wants to stand and bang and the only problem with that is he cant bang the same way these other HWs can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JDS wants Cain, maybe Roy   JDS wants Cain, maybe Roy Empty

Back to top Go down

JDS wants Cain, maybe Roy
Page 1 of 1