Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anthony Njokuani next in like for WEC LW Title?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Anthony Njokuani next in like for WEC LW Title? Empty
PostSubject: Anthony Njokuani next in like for WEC LW Title?   Anthony Njokuani next in like for WEC LW Title? EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 2:14 pm

If he wins tonight I can see the WEC bringing him into the ring to confront the champ. That win over Horodecki was huge and all he's done since and before losing to Henderson was knock people out.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Njokuani next in like for WEC LW Title?   Anthony Njokuani next in like for WEC LW Title? EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 2:21 pm

I think the garbage is next for the WEC LW title. I think UFC takes the good LW's from WEC after tonight.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Njokuani next in like for WEC LW Title?   Anthony Njokuani next in like for WEC LW Title? EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 2:25 pm

I bet they wait until Shalorus and Varner fight to decide what to do with the title.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Njokuani next in like for WEC LW Title?   Anthony Njokuani next in like for WEC LW Title? EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 2:32 pm

Shane Roller would also be on a nice little run if he won tonight with his only loss coming to Ben Henderson.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Njokuani next in like for WEC LW Title?   Anthony Njokuani next in like for WEC LW Title? EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 2:34 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I think the garbage is next for the WEC LW title. I think UFC takes the good LW's from WEC after tonight.

You may be right. It'll be interesting to see what WEC guys stick at the 'next' level.

chorky777 wrote:
I bet they wait until Shalorus and Varner fight to decide what to do with the title.

Could be true. I don't think Varner deserves another shot.

Shalorus is interesting though.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Njokuani next in like for WEC LW Title?   Anthony Njokuani next in like for WEC LW Title? EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 2:41 pm

Both Cowboy and Bendo already beat Njkokuani.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Njokuani next in like for WEC LW Title?   Anthony Njokuani next in like for WEC LW Title? EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 4:46 pm

Looks like I'm not the only one that thinks it happens.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ys-mmaweekan042310

With a win, Njokuani will likely be next in line for a title shot and welcomes a rematch with either Henderson or Cerrone and doesn’t care which one wins on Saturday.

“Now it’s going to be a totally different fight if it’s me fighting Cowboy or it’s me fighting Ben,” commented the Las Vegas resident.

“The first time I fought Cowboy I was a person who was just fighting to fight. If you called me up I was going to go fight. They called me up and I wasn’t prepared at all. I was just a kickboxer at the time with a little jiu-jitsu, not as much as he had at the time,” Njokuani said about his 2007 loss to Cerrone in Ring of Fire.

“When I first fought Ben, I wasn’t training for Ben. I was training for Eddie Ratcliff, so I barely did any jiu-jitsu at the time,” said the lightweight contender. “Fighting those two guys now would be a totally different fight.”

But before Njokuani can get a rematch with either Henderson or Cerrone, he has to get past a game Shane Roller on Saturday.

The game plan is simple, to keep the fight standing and find an opening to knock Roller out.

“The eagle’s on the lookout,” stated Njokuani. “I’m looking for those openings. That’s pretty much what I’m set for.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Njokuani next in like for WEC LW Title?   Anthony Njokuani next in like for WEC LW Title? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anthony Njokuani next in like for WEC LW Title?
Page 1 of 1