Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules

Go down 
+6
oggy420
GolbeZ
LA
ohiovol62
Farmer1906
KingsOwn19
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules   Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:42 pm

I love the fight in a cage, however, I prefer the rules in Japan. I think however, the biggest problem is American judging sucks feces from deep inside of the anal cavity. Most of these guys seemingly have no concept of how BJJ/Sambo work and therefore they don't give points too the guy on there back. I have seen fights where these guys on the back are actually landing solid shots and the guy mounting him needs more than three striking attempts to land one flush shot, but they give it to the guy on top. How in the fuck is that constructive judging?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules   Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 6:06 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
I love the fight in a cage, however, I prefer the rules in Japan. I think however, the biggest problem is American judging sucks feces from deep inside of the anal cavity. Most of these guys seemingly have no concept of how BJJ/Sambo work and therefore they don't give points too the guy on there back. I have seen fights where these guys on the back are actually landing solid shots and the guy mounting him needs more than three striking attempts to land one flush shot, but they give it to the guy on top. How in the fuck is that constructive judging?

I have noticed that several times the past few years. I think the judges will get better as time goes on, but they do need to be educated a bit in some ways.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules   Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 6:09 pm

I think the ring is terrible. I hate when they have to restart fights. I hate how much it favors strikers. The cage forces fighters to be more well-rounded. The ring makes people believe that Shinya Aoki is a p4p type of fighter, when he's clearly a 1 trick pony. That's silly to me. I also hate standing fights up. It's a fight, if you can't avoid getting taken down, or you can't do anything on the ground, you should lose. The idea that we feel the need to change the sport just so a bunch of uninformed people don't get bored during a few fights is silly to me. The fact is, fighters getting taken down and controlled should be a part of MMA. If you don't like it, go watch K-1. I also don't like how subjective it is for the refs. Some refs let fights stay on the ground for longer than others. That's stupid. Not to mention we wouldn't have to worry dumb refs who think it's ok to stand fights up in the middle of a fighter trying to set up a submission (cough cough Roy Nelson cough) if we took away that power.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules   Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 6:17 pm

chorky777 wrote:
I think the ring is terrible. I hate when they have to restart fights. I hate how much it favors strikers. The cage forces fighters to be more well-rounded. The ring makes people believe that Shinya Aoki is a p4p type of fighter, when he's clearly a 1 trick pony. That's silly to me. I also hate standing fights up. It's a fight, if you can't avoid getting taken down, or you can't do anything on the ground, you should lose. The idea that we feel the need to change the sport just so a bunch of uninformed people don't get bored during a few fights is silly to me. The fact is, fighters getting taken down and controlled should be a part of MMA. If you don't like it, go watch K-1. I also don't like how subjective it is for the refs. Some refs let fights stay on the ground for longer than others. That's stupid. Not to mention we wouldn't have to worry dumb refs who think it's ok to stand fights up in the middle of a fighter trying to set up a submission (cough cough Roy Nelson cough) if we took away that power.

I think Aoki is a bad example. I agree with the rest.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules   Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 6:23 pm

chorky777 wrote:

How does the ring play to Aoki's submission game?
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules   Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 6:25 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
chorky777 wrote:

I think Aoki is a bad example. I agree with the rest.

Well, I only picked Aoki because he was a recent guy that people actually thought was a really good pound for pound type guy, when he's shown absolutely no wrestling ability. I mean, he dealt with a decent wrestler in Eddie Alvarez, so maybe I shouldn't have picked on him so much, but he's just not well-rounded enough for me to think that greatly of him.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules   Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 6:26 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
chorky777 wrote:

How does the ring play to Aoki's submission game?

It doesn't. It plays against his opponent's ability to stop his submission game.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules   Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 6:35 pm

How does it do that?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules   Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 6:56 pm

to answer your question Mark Coleman did good in Pride and Randleman wasnt too shabby either
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules   Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:00 pm

I didnt ask that question at all bird. lol

as a matter of fact, i cited a few wrestlers who have done well in the ring. I'm not saying wrestlers can't do well in the ring. I'm saying the guys who depend on the fence being there to have success and also the american interpretation on "winning" might not.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules   Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:03 pm

I think the cage and american rules plays too much to wrestlers and big guys who want to outpoint everybody. How many "wrestlers" have had success in the ring but not nearly as much as they have had in the cage and within american rules

guess I misinterpreted this my b
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules   Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:08 pm

Yeah, i didnt ask that expecting there to be nobody. It was rhetorical because everybody knows the answer is "not as many as in the cage".

Don't get me wrong. I don't dislike the cage. I just like the ring and more so the Japan rules and judging system more.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules   Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:12 pm

I get ya, I like the cage more honestly but both are awesome

and the big difference I loved that I miss (in the cage) is the soccer kicks, kicks to a grounded opponent, etc.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules   Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm

Here is the end all...RING SUCKS, CAGE RULES, AMERICAN RULES NEED TO BE CHANGED TO JAPANESE RULES! ALLOW FOOT STOMPS, YELLOW CARDS, MICS ON THE REF.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules   Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:34 pm

yes I was yelling. Just like when a ref yells at a fighter and it makes them do work!
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules   Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:35 pm

Here is the end all...RING SUCKS, CAGE RULES, AMERICAN RULES NEED TO BE CHANGED TO JAPANESE RULES! ALLOW FOOT STOMPS, YELLOW CARDS, MICS ON THE REF.....AND THE SCREAMING LADY DOING INTRODUCTIONS

fixed
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules   Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:56 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Here is the end all...RING SUCKS, CAGE RULES, AMERICAN RULES NEED TO BE CHANGED TO JAPANESE RULES! ALLOW FOOT STOMPS, YELLOW CARDS, MICS ON THE REF.....AND THE SCREAMING LADY DOING INTRODUCTIONS

fixed

def good call!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules   Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:57 pm

Have Buffer do the inro and all that and right after he says "Fighting out the red corner" then the japanese chick yells the name. What an idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules   Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ring with Japan rules vs. Cage with American rules
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2