Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Break down the Pavlik fight for me

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Break down the Pavlik fight for me Empty
PostSubject: Break down the Pavlik fight for me   Break down the Pavlik fight for me EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 3:05 pm

I watched it through 8 last night and felt like Pavlik was on his way after a slow start to a decision, did Sergio take the last rds? was it a good decision? saw a UD
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Break down the Pavlik fight for me   Break down the Pavlik fight for me EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 4:16 pm

Yeah starting with the 9th I believe Martinez took complete control of the fight. Hit Pavlik with a punch that opened a big cut. And yes definitely a good decision
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Break down the Pavlik fight for me   Break down the Pavlik fight for me EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 4:20 pm

Shouldn't have fallen a sleep then, thanks B
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Break down the Pavlik fight for me   Break down the Pavlik fight for me EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 5:33 pm

Yeah I dont know what happened to Pavlik? he closed the gap in the fight then 9 th through the end he didnt do anything. Good decision though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Break down the Pavlik fight for me   Break down the Pavlik fight for me EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:17 pm

Martinez controlled rounds 1-4 with footwork and getting in and out with right jab's, followed by left hooks.

Pavlik seemed to start closing the distance in round five, even dropped an off balance Martinez. But Martinez regained control in the 8th round.In the next round he opened up a bad cut over Pavlik's right eye, which spurred Martinez to turn up the heat, and made Kelly cover up for his life.

Kelly's cutman was dreadful.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Break down the Pavlik fight for me   Break down the Pavlik fight for me EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:58 pm

I 100 percent agree Ali. His cutman was brutal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Break down the Pavlik fight for me   Break down the Pavlik fight for me EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:05 pm

His trainer is pretty poor too. All Jack's advice seems to be is " double up the jab."
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Break down the Pavlik fight for me   Break down the Pavlik fight for me EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:12 pm

I thought Pavlik won the 8th? no? I don't remember exactly

Serg was just to quick for Pav I guess
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Break down the Pavlik fight for me   Break down the Pavlik fight for me EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:18 pm

Maybe he did. I would actually like to dissect the fight again. watching an internet stream isn't the best way to judge a fight.

There will probably be a rematch later this year. Kelly had a rematch clause in the contract.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Break down the Pavlik fight for me   Break down the Pavlik fight for me EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:28 pm

I thought Pav was the better boxer, but Serg is the better athlete, what do you think? Remember boxing ain't my thing.

Pav is gonna have to learn to cope with Serg's speed and movement.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Break down the Pavlik fight for me   Break down the Pavlik fight for me EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:31 pm

I don't see the 2nd fight (if there is one) playing out any different. Kelly is too robotic to handle Martinez. Anyone with movement gives him problems
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Break down the Pavlik fight for me   Break down the Pavlik fight for me EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:37 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
I thought Pav was the better boxer, but Serg is the better athlete, what do you think? Remember boxing ain't my thing.

Pav is gonna have to learn to cope with Serg's speed and movement.

I don't really think Kelly is a good boxer. Upright stance,very limited and doesn't seem to be able to overcome adversity.

I'd say Sergio is a combination of good boxing and athletic ability.Amazing to think Sergio didn't even walk into a boxing gym until he was 20.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Break down the Pavlik fight for me   Break down the Pavlik fight for me EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:38 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I don't see the 2nd fight (if there is one) playing out any different. Kelly is too robotic to handle Martinez. Anyone with movement gives him problems

Agreed. I'd rather we just went straight into the Paul Williams rematch.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Break down the Pavlik fight for me   Break down the Pavlik fight for me EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:40 pm

1-4 were close but Martinez won majority of rounds, Pavlik peaked 5-8 and it was all over from there

Like Ali already said Pavliks cutman sucked (and people even called out the cutman before the fight)

Too much speed for a plodder like Pavlik

Ali is right Kelly is a strictly 1-2 stand up thudder who cant turn for his life.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Break down the Pavlik fight for me   Break down the Pavlik fight for me EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:44 pm

white boxer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Break down the Pavlik fight for me   Break down the Pavlik fight for me EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:46 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
white boxer

Joe Calzaghe.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Break down the Pavlik fight for me   Break down the Pavlik fight for me EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:50 pm

Rare
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Break down the Pavlik fight for me   Break down the Pavlik fight for me EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:53 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Rare

Willie Pep.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Break down the Pavlik fight for me   Break down the Pavlik fight for me EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:56 pm

Ur going way back with that, talking now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Break down the Pavlik fight for me   Break down the Pavlik fight for me EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:14 pm

Tomasz Adamek,Lucian Bute. Isn't Martinez classified as white ?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Break down the Pavlik fight for me   Break down the Pavlik fight for me EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 11:53 pm

If Sergio Martinez is white than we get to claim Johnny Tapia too

Boom Boom Mancini wasnt slow plodding 1-2 fighter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Break down the Pavlik fight for me   Break down the Pavlik fight for me Empty

Back to top Go down

Break down the Pavlik fight for me
Page 1 of 1