Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

If you think tonight was bad for MMA....

Go down 
+5
KingsOwn19
Ludo
muayjitsu
mannyfresh
acccardinal12
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

If you think tonight was bad for MMA.... Empty
PostSubject: If you think tonight was bad for MMA....   If you think tonight was bad for MMA.... EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:28 am

Then keep ur helmet on when you walk down the street you tard. Even Ninja's Place is having an MMA orgasm as we speak! Look at the threads and the traffic.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: If you think tonight was bad for MMA....   If you think tonight was bad for MMA.... EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:29 am

Oh and I have never had a boner over a fight! NEVER! Tonight I could pull in one of those monster river Catfish with my thing thing and some 40 lbs test line!
Back to top Go down
mannyfresh
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Royce

PostSubject: Re: If you think tonight was bad for MMA....   If you think tonight was bad for MMA.... EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:30 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Then keep ur helmet on when you walk down the street you tard. Even Ninja's Place is having an MMA orgasm as we speak! Look at the threads and the traffic.

Dude anyone who is a fan of MMA can see this is a setback for the sport. You know what if one of the fighters would have pulled out a gun and started shooting fans that would generate a whole bunch of "traffic" too but sometimes getting attention for the wrong reason isnt a good thing.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: If you think tonight was bad for MMA....   If you think tonight was bad for MMA.... EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:31 am

So you think a casual fan was happy to see every fight go five rounds. One was a wrestling match. The other was a guy scooting on his ass. The title fight was shields mounting and punching.

So that was good for a casual fan. Thats who they are trying to attract here not us BBC. THEN at the very end they get in a brawl with a guy on the undercard. Some people just lack intelligence.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: If you think tonight was bad for MMA....   If you think tonight was bad for MMA.... EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:35 am

muayjitsu wrote:
So you think a casual fan was happy to see every fight go five rounds. One was a wrestling match. The other was a guy scooting on his ass. The title fight was shields mounting and punching.

So that was good for a casual fan. Thats who they are trying to attract here not us BBC. THEN at the very end they get in a brawl with a guy on the undercard. Some people just lack intelligence.

A guy from the undercard is harsh. Shields had to hug Mayhem to win imo and this was great. It isn't like they BROUGHT A FREAKING GUN INTO THE OCTAGON AND STARTED SHOOTING PEOPLE. LMFAO???
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: If you think tonight was bad for MMA....   If you think tonight was bad for MMA.... EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:37 am

I honestly thik this is the one night where me and Wolf could be a RAP group and Pwn the World.

"If I pwn the World....I'd bring all my something?" I love em love em baby"
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: If you think tonight was bad for MMA....   If you think tonight was bad for MMA.... EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:38 am

But tomorrow you suck again Wolf.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: If you think tonight was bad for MMA....   If you think tonight was bad for MMA.... EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:39 am

muayjitsu wrote:

A guy from the undercard is harsh. Shields had to hug Mayhem to win imo and this was great. It isn't like they BROUGHT A FREAKING GUN INTO THE OCTAGON AND STARTED SHOOTING PEOPLE. LMFAO???

Like I said don't look at it from your perspective (if your capable of that) and look at it from a casual fan's perspective. Remember the world threw a fit cause Tiger cheated on his wife and he lost his sponsors...big deal right! So don't be so naive and stop acting like a child.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: If you think tonight was bad for MMA....   If you think tonight was bad for MMA.... EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:40 am

I don't remember Wolf agreeing that the brawl was a good thing.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: If you think tonight was bad for MMA....   If you think tonight was bad for MMA.... EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:45 am

muayjitsu wrote:
muayjitsu wrote:

Like I said don't look at it from your perspective (if your capable of that) and look at it from a casual fan's perspective. Remember the world threw a fit cause Tiger cheated on his wife and he lost his sponsors...big deal right! So don't be so naive and stop acting like a child.

No you and the press threw a fit about Tiger. I was the guy that said he will be okay and get a vacation. How am I being a child dude? I thought tonight was awesome and I am throwing jokes. I don't think you are cut out for this sport if ur tummy is gonna get upset over a brawl after a fight.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: If you think tonight was bad for MMA....   If you think tonight was bad for MMA.... EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:49 am

I didnt throw a fit about tiger. You said sport. that requires sportsmanship. It is MMA( mixed MARTIAL ARTS) meaning there should be respect and honor. YOU may not know anything about that because you are watching FIGHTING, but being a martial artist myself I am fit for this SPORT. Learn it, Live it, Be it!! thats martial arts.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: If you think tonight was bad for MMA....   If you think tonight was bad for MMA.... EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:50 am

Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: If you think tonight was bad for MMA....   If you think tonight was bad for MMA.... EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:52 am

muayjitsu wrote:
I didnt throw a fit about tiger. You said sport. that requires sportsmanship. It is MMA( mixed MARTIAL ARTS) meaning there should be respect and honor. YOU may not know anything about that because you are watching FIGHTING, but being a martial artist myself I am fit for this SPORT. Learn it, Live it, Be it!! thats martial arts.

I will live it like a fan and love what I saw. I don't fight, I watch fights and what I saw tonight was huge and people will be talking about it everywhere.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: If you think tonight was bad for MMA....   If you think tonight was bad for MMA.... EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:55 am

muayjitsu wrote:
http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2010/04/18/post-fight-brawl-involving-shields-miller-and-melendez-puts-black-cloud-over-nashville-event/

Yeah I know and Tiger is the worst human being on the planet???? That is the media. Fighters fight and this is going to be talked about waaaaay more than Anderson Silva running around for 3 rounds. Which was worse? That's what I thought. If you chose tonight then stop fighting and join a cheerleading team and NO you can't spot the chicks. You will be at the top of the pyramid!
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: If you think tonight was bad for MMA....   If you think tonight was bad for MMA.... EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:56 am

Its pathetic. I love the fight game and martial arts. But I am not violent at all nor do I like pathetic unneeded violence for entertainment. I watch MMA for the sport of it not cause I want someone to be hurt.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: If you think tonight was bad for MMA....   If you think tonight was bad for MMA.... EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:01 am

muayjitsu wrote:
http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2010/04/18/post-fight-brawl-involving-shields-miller-and-melendez-puts-black-cloud-over-nashville-event/

Yeah I know and Tiger is the worst human being on the planet???? That is the media. Fighters fight and this is going to be talked about waaaaay more than Anderson Silva running around for 3 rounds. Which was worse? That's what I thought. If you chose tonight then stop fighting and join a cheerleading team and NO you can't spot the chicks. You will be at the top of the pyramid!

We are a media driven society now a days. How do you think Obama became president. Fighters do not fight just to fight. That shows no self control and is the total opposite of a real martial artist. I will never stop fighting myself I love it and enjoy it. I also teach children for free when I am home and got their parents to allow me to show them MMA and watch fights in order to show them how what i train them in translates and how to be respectable. This would not be a good example. You are acting like a caveman.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: If you think tonight was bad for MMA....   If you think tonight was bad for MMA.... EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:12 am

For once I agree with Mauy here. That shit after the final bell was crap. You honestly think Sponsors won't become wary to put their name beside a product where a guy can rush the ring and 5 guys gang up on him? There's a reason why Reebok didn't sponsor Bum Fights.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: If you think tonight was bad for MMA....   If you think tonight was bad for MMA.... EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:17 am

LudoCain wrote:
For once I agree with Mauy here. That shit after the final bell was crap. You honestly think Sponsors won't become wary to put their name beside a product where a guy can rush the ring and 5 guys gang up on him? There's a reason why Reebok didn't sponsor Bum Fights.

I knew we could get along. lol!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: If you think tonight was bad for MMA....   If you think tonight was bad for MMA.... EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:21 am

Muay and Ludo I agree about the repsect and all that and them ganging up was wrong. The media might eat this up, but if you think Rockstar and Tapout or an EXTREME ENERGY etc company wouldn't eat this up then you wouldn't make it in the corporate business world. Although the aftermath was wrong, I can see alot of positives coming out of this. The world has to look at this either way. Better this than a champion running around looking like an ass like in the UAE. MMA needed this. Only haters who don't like the sport anyway will paint a bloody picture.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: If you think tonight was bad for MMA....   If you think tonight was bad for MMA.... EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:27 am

Its about expansion and not about staying in our little box. MMA did not need this. MMA needs people like GSP, Cain, Penn, and Fedor. Their skill alone attracts people then they realize how respectful and driven they are (just recently Penn has shown this) they become attracted to the sport. THIS is why GSP has sponsors like gatorade and underarmour. Not because he is having brawls. You can put 1 and 1 together cant you.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: If you think tonight was bad for MMA....   If you think tonight was bad for MMA.... EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:34 am

muayjitsu wrote:
Its about expansion and not about staying in our little box. MMA did not need this. MMA needs people like GSP, Cain, Penn, and Fedor. Their skill alone attracts people then they realize how respectful and driven they are (just recently Penn has shown this) they become attracted to the sport. THIS is why GSP has sponsors like gatorade and underarmour. Not because he is having brawls. You can put 1 and 1 together cant you.

Keep Gatorade and Underarmour and I will take the other sponsers that built the sport and have had their brands grow along with it. BTW I will take guys like Tyson and Ali who made the world talk and drove in guys/fans by the millions who stand up to pee.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: If you think tonight was bad for MMA....   If you think tonight was bad for MMA.... EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:40 am

muayjitsu wrote:

Keep Gatorade and Underarmour and I will take the other sponsers that built the sport and have had their brands grow along with it. BTW I will take guys like Tyson and Ali who made the world talk and drove in guys/fans by the millions who stand up to pee.

I dont remember either fighter jumping someone and stomping him on the floor. Have you ever been jumped? Have you ever had your head stomped? I also don't remember boxing called human cockfighting. It was never banned. It was never called a bunch of drunk rednecks fighting. You can not compare the 2. Ali is above boxing because he was not just a fighter he was fighting racism and politics. Boxing is a mature worldwide sport with an olympic amateur division. They are not comparable.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: If you think tonight was bad for MMA....   If you think tonight was bad for MMA.... EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:07 am

muayjitsu wrote:
muayjitsu wrote:

I dont remember either fighter jumping someone and stomping him on the floor. Have you ever been jumped? Have you ever had your head stomped? I also don't remember boxing called human cockfighting. It was never banned. It was never called a bunch of drunk rednecks fighting. You can not compare the 2. Ali is above boxing because he was not just a fighter he was fighting racism and politics. Boxing is a mature worldwide sport with an olympic amateur division. They are not comparable.

You are just being negative muay. Antics that Ali and Tyson displayed made people watch more. Pulling the race card is just stupid. People remember Ali as a shit talker who backed it up first and all that stuff second. People see Tyson as an animal who KTFO of guys and wanted to watch him even when he was done. We as people love this stuff. Only haters and media will say different. Honestly you should just stick with jumping a guy is wrong. I agree with that. No I haven't been jumped because I wouldn't jump in a cage with that team and stir the pot. Pretty dumb if you ask me. Mayhem got up and walked away. You act like they were beating him with weapons and shanking him. Stop reaching because it made ur tummy hurt dude.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: If you think tonight was bad for MMA....   If you think tonight was bad for MMA.... EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:14 am

muayjitsu wrote:
muayjitsu wrote:

You are just being negative muay. Antics that Ali and Tyson displayed made people watch more. Pulling the race card is just stupid. People remember Ali as a shit talker who backed it up first and all that stuff second. People see Tyson as an animal who KTFO of guys and wanted to watch him even when he was done. We as people love this stuff. Only haters and media will say different. Honestly you should just stick with jumping a guy is wrong. I agree with that. No I haven't been jumped because I wouldn't jump in a cage with that team and stir the pot. Pretty dumb if you ask me. Mayhem got up and walked away. You act like they were beating him with weapons and shanking him. Stop reaching because it made ur tummy hurt dude.

Ali self promoted he never was a dirty fighter. Like I said their is NO comparison between boxing and MMA in this category. I am not pulling the race card. During his time ALI was not loved coming up. He was not hyped. People wanted to see him lose. He initially gained fame through his relationship with Malcom X and his refusal to go to war not because he was a great boxer. His greatness was recognized later. But I digress that has nothing to do with the fact that somebody getting jumped on nat TV can in no way be good for the legitimacy of a company or sport.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: If you think tonight was bad for MMA....   If you think tonight was bad for MMA.... EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:29 am

What I am saying is people are drawn to things like this. And you are wrong about Ali in many ways. People hated this young shit talker and couldn't wait to see him get his head knocked off. Then he shook up the world. A star was born. Why do you think all the negative crap on the news is shown? That is all I am saying. I do agree that some of the things you are saying helped Ali gain popularity and fame even more though. Now what? about Tyson. Like I said I think this will have the world talking for awhile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you think tonight was bad for MMA....   If you think tonight was bad for MMA.... Empty

Back to top Go down

If you think tonight was bad for MMA....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next