Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight

Go down 
+6
killerofchicken
KingsOwn19
LA
Ninja
ram_escandon
bobbitt15
10 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight Empty
PostSubject: Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight   Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:08 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/18664/chael-sonnen-says-anderson-silvas-ufc-112-antics-unsurprising.mma

Says that he didn't get to watch the fight but wasn't surprised by Silva's antics.

Also said: "I'll watch the fight, but Silva's been in my crosshairs anyway, whether it's beating him for the belt or to win the belt and go beat him up after that." Sonnen said. "He's getting beaten up in 2010 by Chael Sonnen. That's been the story from the jump.

"There's people out there that need (to be) beaten up – he's one of them. And I have a moral obligation to society to beat him up."
Back to top Go down
ram_escandon
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ram_escandon

Favorite Fighter(s) : Frank Mir, BJ Penn, Wandy, Matt Serra

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight   Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:33 pm

I've never really been a Sonnen fan, but I'm quickly becomnig one. Like with Matt Serra, I like his shit-talking. He'll get his ass wooped by Silva, though.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight   Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:38 pm

I would do anything to see Sonnen beat Anderson's ass.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight   Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:39 pm

Never would happen though
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight   Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:40 pm

Sonnen has quickly become the best interview in the sport.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight   Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:41 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Never would happen though

He could decision him, that's about it.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight   Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:41 pm

its ok, i think vitor will KO silva anyway, it would have been hilarious if maia kod him tho
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight   Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:44 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
its ok, i think vitor will KO silva anyway, it would have been hilarious if maia kod him tho

Everyone where I was hoped it was going to happen.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight   Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:44 pm

Honestly guys, I'm not jumpin on Anderson like some of you, though I don't like the showboating, but no one is beating this guy at 185. You may think he'll showboat or go though the motions like he did today and get caught or decisioned, but when Anderson gets tested or in trouble in fights you see the real Anderson.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight   Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:51 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Honestly guys, I'm not jumpin on Anderson like some of you, though I don't like the showboating, but no one is beating this guy at 185. You may think he'll showboat or go though the motions like he did today and get caught or decisioned, but when Anderson gets tested or in trouble in fights you see the real Anderson.

Anderson's problem is that he never goes forward and attacks in any of his fights. He is so afraid of being caught that he has become purely a counter puncher. The reason he showboats like Sonnen said is to bait his opponents to come forward(ala Franklin and Forrest). If the fighter doesn't fall for the bait then it always ends up a boring fight because Anderson will just fucking dance like a clown and will never initiate any offense.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight   Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:59 pm

And win you forgot

Anderson fights much like GSP, minus the showbaoting, in playing it safe and avoiding getting caught.

Anderson actually can take punches though which surprises me to why he doesn't press more
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight   Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 7:11 pm

Sonnen could take Anderson down and probably control a good portion of a fight...i just don't believe Sonnen can last 5 rounds without getting submitted.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight   Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 7:17 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Sonnen could take Anderson down and probably control a good portion of a fight...i just don't believe Sonnen can last 5 rounds without getting submitted.

Yup
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight   Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 7:50 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

Anderson's problem is that he never goes forward and attacks in any of his fights. He is so afraid of being caught that he has become purely a counter puncher. The reason he showboats like Sonnen said is to bait his opponents to come forward(ala Franklin and Forrest). If the fighter doesn't fall for the bait then it always ends up a boring fight because Anderson will just fucking dance like a clown and will never initiate any offense.

nice post

no +1 cause your the boss and I no kiss ass Ninja
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight   Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 8:26 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

+1 u hit the nail on the head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight   Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 8:58 pm

As much as I want to see Anderson taught a lesson, Sonnen won't be able to do it.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight   Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 9:58 pm

The problem is once Maia actually decided it was time to go out swingin', Anderson was running away at that point. He was literally running in a circle around the octagon to stay away from Maia long before Mirgliota told him to quit being a bitch or there would be point deductions(like it mattered at that point). One thing though I agreed with Rogan on is the Yellow Card system, I missed in in a huge way during that fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight   Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 10:02 pm

The next time Anderson fights, the referees need to warn him right away about the excessive clowning and running.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight   Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight Empty

Back to top Go down

Chael Sonnen's Thoughts on Silva Fight
Page 1 of 1