Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thoughts on the three main fights (spoilers)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Skyab23
White Belt
White Belt
Skyab23

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor, GSP, Nog

Thoughts on the three main fights (spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on the three main fights (spoilers)   Thoughts on the three main fights (spoilers) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 4:17 pm

Anderson Silva/Damien Maia: First, let me just say that Anderson Silva is obviously much better than Maia and is just in another league. However, with that being said, Silva was the most arrogant, disrespectful, and lazy fighter I have ever seen in a championship fight. The first 2 rounds, he was much more boastful and mocking his opponent more than usual, but at least he was attempting to get some strikes landed. The last 2 to 2 1/2 rounds, was a complete joke. Even the ref had to intervene and threaten him to stop running around like a bitch of a girl and attempt to fight. Silva is a top 3 P4P fighter, yes. But if he and GSP get in the octagon, I am pulling harder for GSP than anyone I've ever pulled for because of Silva's attitude and unwillingness to engage an opponent that he obviously could have put away.

BJ Penn/Frankie Edgar
: Impressed with Edgar and his ability to be quick and agile on his feet, and to not allow BJ to every really get comfortable. BJ just didn't seem into it today...I'm not sure if he overlooked Edgar, but it def. wasn't the BJ we saw against Sanchez.

Matt Hughes/Renzo Gracie
: Thought it was a pretty even match for a while, until Hughes just out muscled him and showed his brute strength. Still is obvious that Hughes has lost a few steps in the last couple of years though.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the three main fights (spoilers)   Thoughts on the three main fights (spoilers) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 4:23 pm

Renzo gassed, didn't train hard for the fight.

Silva is losing fans. No way will they be able to use him as a main eventer with displays like that. Yes he won dominantly but to carry Maia and disrespect him like that was ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the three main fights (spoilers)   Thoughts on the three main fights (spoilers) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 4:30 pm

ALL the UFC champs need a reality check and they need to start performing. I hate seeing fighters JUST winning fights and not beating opponents .Thats where boxing is and thats what caused the decline in interest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the three main fights (spoilers)   Thoughts on the three main fights (spoilers) Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the three main fights (spoilers)
Page 1 of 1