Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie

Go down 
+6
acccardinal12
chorky777
Ludo
Birdofthad
SOKO
MMAEYES
10 posters
AuthorMessage
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie Empty
PostSubject: Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie   Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 3:53 pm

I saw Phil Nurse on the countdown. I thought Frankie was just using him as a striking coach but that bastard is gonna be in frankie's corner forcing me to automatically be suspicious of Frankie. First off I can't believe Dana is gonna allow that guy to corner against BJ again. I'm speachless does he want controversy or what? If Frankie somehow beat BJ and he didn't have Nurse in his corner I would be sad as a BJ fan but I would have to accept that Frankie was the better fighter. Now if I start seeing BJ's legs slip of his back I'm gonna be thinking what if Frankie cheated?

I'm not saying that it's for sure that if Nurse is cornering against BJ he'll help the other fighter cheat. But the UFC could avoid any speculation by just telling Nurse to not corner against BJ. Is that to much to ask? I mean even if Frankie is greesing I think BJ still kicks his ass but why even let that enter the minds of the fans?
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie   Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 3:57 pm

interesting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie   Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 4:02 pm

I could care less to be honest.

The whole grease thing was sour grapes.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie   Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 5:32 pm

Im with Ali on this
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie   Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 6:37 pm

I'd be surprised to see Edgar get this to the ground at all if BJ doesn't want to let him anyway so it probably won't be an issue, unless the Nurse is putting non stick coating all over Edgar's face to keep him from getting knocked the fuck out.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie   Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 6:57 pm

I can't tell if you're serious.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie   Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 7:10 pm

I don't think anything will happen. Nurse knows he is being watched now.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie   Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 7:14 pm

Don't they lop off a hand or something?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie   Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 7:21 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Don't they lop off a hand or something?

In Saudi Arabia they do that for theft.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie   Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 8:30 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:

+1. Nurse is a great trainer and corner man.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie   Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 8:39 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:

BS it was sour grapes. When BJ Penn who is known for his dangerous guard can't hold it because his legs were OBVIOUSLY slipping of GSP's back for a few rounds i call it more than sour grapes...i call it a legit beef.

The people who say that was sour grapes just don't want to accept that it played a huge part in the fight after round 1 where the fight was going NOTHING like it was after the ol rub a dub dub . GSP did a lot of good in that fight but to flat out ignore the substance NULLIFIED a HUGE part of BJ's game is just redic. I think it was an honest mistake but a costly one IMO.

I want a third fight and BJ is his biggest threat at welterweight and in my book, has already defeated GSP once in 2006. I say when you have a split decision fight, and your "winner" has to go to the hospital when the "loser" has to go drink the disappointment off...you probably fucked up the decision.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie   Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 8:40 pm

LOL

it will never end!
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie   Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 8:42 pm

oggy420 wrote:
LOL

it will never end!

Back to top Go down
ChaoscamelWV
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ChaoscamelWV

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor, Shogun, Henderson, GSP, Florian

PostSubject: Re: Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie   Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 8:50 pm

I didn't realize people actually believed that GSP won because he cheated. It didn't have anything to do with GSP being a bigger stronger wrestler, who also happened to outstrike BJ, that just dominated BJ for all four rounds. But, people believe crazier things I suppose.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie   Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:06 pm

I didnt say he won because of it...i just said it's not something to just write off as sour grapes because in a fight that spends the majority of each round on the mat...it's hard enough to keep a grip on a guy when he's sweating but when he's greasing too? If it doesent play a factor, then it wouldent be illeagal now would it?

All i know, is BJ's guard was slipping off of GSP's back like a 2 foot elf trying to get on top of a oiled up morbidly obese 800 pound bitch and that last thing going through my head when i saw BJ's legs slipping off GSP's back was that GSP was doing something really good to fend off BJ's guard. Like i said, GSP did A LOT of good things in that fight and i'm not saying BJ wins the fight or it's a split decision minus the grease. I'm just saying the grease IS a big deal and anybody who say's it's not is being biased.

I'm a fan of both fighters and was neutrel when they fought and just wanted a good fight...but the greasing is bullshit and the defense for it like greasing is no big deal in a fight that was for the most part ALL grappling is just mind boggling.

Phillip Nurse applied grease to GSP's already sweaty and slippery back...

Back to top Go down
ChaoscamelWV
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ChaoscamelWV

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor, Shogun, Henderson, GSP, Florian

PostSubject: Re: Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie   Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 12:02 am

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't buy that there was a "grease" scandal. I don't think that he was greased; I think that he beat BJ because he was better than BJ. People sweat in MMA. Did vasoline get on GSP's back after the first round? Yeah, some did. Was it any different than any other fight? No. Fighters sweat which makes grappling more difficult. I guess what I don't buy is that Phil Nurse and GSP's camp had a strategy to rub "grease" all over GSP's back so that BJ couldn't keep GSP in his guard. There is no evidence this happened. GSP passes guard. That's what happens.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie   Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 12:30 am

I never said that it was a strategy at all. I've actually said twice in this thread that it was a mistake but the fact is, he did grease even though it was unintentional...you saw Nurse rubbing it on his shoulders and upper back...the same exact spots BJ Penn's rubber guard was unsuccesful because of severe slippage.

I'm not even calling GSP a cheater. If i thought he was a cheater i would not be a fan of his and i am a fan of GSP. All i'm saying is the grease noticeably played a part, even if it was just a small part when it should not have played any whatsoever...but i guess it's not worth getting too deep into after so many other times getting into it.

I think BJ should get a third fight, not because of the grease but because their second fight was an aberration IMO. People drew the conclusion that GSP was just that much better but he's not. That was not even close to BJ Penn at his best and i think we can all agree that Penn was lacking in preperation physically(notcieably) and mentally as well. If only he didnt talk so much shit but i would rather watch BJ Penn-GSP III thann watch them waste another "contender" in their divisions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie   Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie Empty

Back to top Go down

Oh great here we go. Phil Nurse cornering Frankie
Page 1 of 1