Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten?

Go down 
+9
OU
MMAEYES
acccardinal12
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
Wolfgangsta
captain organic
Skyab23
LA
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Would Fedro do it?
Yes
If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? Vote_lcap36%If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? Vote_rcap
 36% [ 8 ]
No
If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? Vote_lcap64%If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? Vote_rcap
 64% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? Empty
PostSubject: If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten?   If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 2:56 pm

In reality, of course it's possible, it's Fedro, but damn, Brock, Carwin, Cain, Dos and even Mir (he'd tool Mir but...) that is tough ass HW schedule
Back to top Go down
Skyab23
White Belt
White Belt
Skyab23

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor, GSP, Nog

If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? Empty
PostSubject: Re: If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten?   If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:08 pm

I don't see Cain or JDS beating Fedor...but I could see Carwin and Lesnar giving him trouble pinning him up against the cage or wrestling him on the ground.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten?   If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:08 pm

I feel pretty confident in voting no. He'd be at such a physical disadvantage vs guys with undeniable skillsets.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten?   If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:11 pm

Wow Organic, thought you'd be a yes fo sho

By the way, +1 for picking Carwin I noticed
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten?   If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:13 pm

Relax people, Organic's + is for picking Carwin
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten?   If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:19 pm

I vote no. If he were the same size as these guys these fights would have a hard time getting sanctioned, but these mammoth wrestlers have too much size and power.

Oddly enough, JDS is probaby the most skilled, but has the worst shot to win, imo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten?   If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:21 pm

Wow great post Wolfy, little surprising, but also realistic, totally agree on ur thoughts about Dos too
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten?   If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:21 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Wow Organic, thought you'd be a yes fo sho

By the way, +1 for picking Carwin I noticed

I wanted to pick Mir, but my buddy saw Carwin a couple days ago, said he was ultra confident(said he would knock Mir out), with huge hands and was a total brick house. My bud was amped and swayed me in my pick. I thought I made the wrong choice during the staredown, but Carwin came through.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten?   If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:24 pm

I think people made too big a deal about Carwin not being quite as big as thought, when IMO it's a combo of his size (which is still pretty damn big) and ridiculous strength which make him formidable. I'd say Brock is the strongest fighter in MMA with Carwin a close second. I just knew Carwin would connect a couple times and drop Mir, that was viscous
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten?   If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:37 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
I think people made too big a deal about Carwin not being quite as big as thought, when IMO it's a combo of his size (which is still pretty damn big) and ridiculous strength which make him formidable. I'd say Brock is the strongest fighter in MMA with Carwin a close second. I just knew Carwin would connect a couple times and drop Mir, that was viscous

Once he started working that leg with those knee's I figured he was in good shape, then he just stepped on the throttle, game over.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten?   If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 4:01 pm

I think he could beat any of them right now. But in a year to then begin fighting against those 5, no. It would take around two or three years probably to fight those 5 fights and each guy left to fight in that line would be getting better during that time while Fedor gets older. He would beat all of them but might have to rematch one of them after getting caught.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: does Fedor....   If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 4:02 pm

Does Fedor look at these huge guys and say, I need to bulk up? or does he does he stay the course? I think the latter choice is not in his best interest.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten?   If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 4:05 pm

That was more of a post Organic
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten?   If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 4:06 pm

captain organic wrote:
Does Fedor look at these huge guys and say, I need to bulk up? or does he does he stay the course? I think the latter choice is not in his best interest.

I think it's more stay the course
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten?   If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 4:09 pm

Fedor stays the course. If the HW prove to be to heavy for him, i think Fedor can start a new chapter at LHW but he'll probably stay the course win or lose.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten?   If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 4:12 pm

Kings what's with the sig? we didn't have a bet, as long as you realize Carwin's legit, that's enough
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten?   If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 4:20 pm

i know we never agreed to a sig bet, i just made it because i thought he stood little chance against Mir. So just showing some love to Carwin. I'll probably change it as soon as i find a new sig i want in there.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten?   If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 4:29 pm

I voted no. Too many tough fights there. It is Fedor, so anything is possible. I think he would lose 1, maybe two of them. I hope he whoops Werdum and Reem and makes the right choice for all the fans and signs with the UFC in 2011?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten?   If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 5:15 pm

Not saying Fedor is scared, but all these giant wrestlers would likely make anyone take pause at this point. Fedor is the only one left of the era of the "super LHW" HW champions. From Ken Shamrock to Couture to Coleman, Big Nog, Crocop and more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten?   If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 5:18 pm

You are killin it today Wolf
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten?   If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 11:43 pm

Yo I can't believe this thread didn't get more play, thought it'd blow up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten?   If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 8:45 am

Size and father time would make it difficult.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten?   If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 10:36 am

Even though I realize there is a couple HW's that could potentially give him some trouble my vote remains YES
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten?   If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 10:56 am

Yeah call me crazy but lets assume Fedor starts this gauntlet in May. If he fought Lesnar, Carwin, Cain, JDS for his next 4 fights, I think Fedor goes 4-0 still. But the older Fedor gets, the more these young guys improve the harder it gets obviously. But assuming he gets to fight all these guys in a relatively short period, I think he wins them all.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten?   If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 1:47 pm

Okay Fedor is in the same age range as Carwin and Lesnar? But I generally agree with Wolf.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten?   If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten? Empty

Back to top Go down

If Fedor did sign with the UFC at the end of the year, would he make it through this new UFC HW gautlet unbeaten?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next