Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC on Versus weigh in results

Go down 
+5
Cu Bu
Birdofthad
Ludo
timthebim
acccardinal12
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

UFC on Versus weigh in results - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus weigh in results   UFC on Versus weigh in results - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 5:40 pm

Vera vs Mousasi?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus weigh in results   UFC on Versus weigh in results - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 5:53 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Vera vs Mousasi?

I would like to see that fight. I am starting to think Vera can pull it off tonight. I just put the BBC jinx on him.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus weigh in results   UFC on Versus weigh in results - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:03 pm

They can't cut him. He is the gateway to the Phillipines for the UFC. It's too big a market to be left untapped, even if he does lose a few.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus weigh in results   UFC on Versus weigh in results - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:24 pm

Irvin looked like a crackhead at the weigh ins or near death anyways. The weight cut put a whoopin on him from how he looked.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus weigh in results   UFC on Versus weigh in results - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:49 pm

Vera is not top 10. He may not even be top 15.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus weigh in results   UFC on Versus weigh in results - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 7:01 pm

Couture being in our top ten is embarrassing. Vera is top ten before he is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus weigh in results   UFC on Versus weigh in results - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 7:05 pm

He did beat Vera when it is all said and done.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus weigh in results   UFC on Versus weigh in results - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 7:09 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Couture being in our top ten is embarrassing. Vera is top ten before he is.

Fail written all over this post.

Couture not opnly beat Vera, but he has been competing vs solid names for a decade. Vera has beaten who? Soszynski and a fat our of shape Mir who wasn't there mentally.

Get that garbage off the board Wolfy.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus weigh in results   UFC on Versus weigh in results - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 7:22 pm

He hardly beat him convincingly, and is older and slower even today than he was then. Liddell has also been competing and beating names for a decade. So has Wanderlei Silva and Tim Sylvia. The "win" over Brandon Vera doesn't make him a top ten fighter. It was a good fight, but the way I saw it then and the way I see it now was more Brandon Vera under performing in a fight he should have decapitated Couture in, coupled with a little bit of Couture magic, with some favorable judging thrown in for good measure than Couture proving he can still truly compete with top names.

If the fought again Vera would knock him out.

Couture hasn't been a top ten caliber fighter since he walked away from the UFC after Gonzaga three years ago. He is old, slow, easily beaten to the punch by guys who get easily beaten to the punch by 240 pound wrestlers. He has no speed, no durability and nothing to offer top talent in the UFC at 47 years of age.

You can't honestly believe he is one of the ten best fighters at LHW in 2010? Do you know what the fuck guys like Shogun, Rashad, Rampage, Mousasi, Machida or Little Nog would do to Randy Couture these days?

Claiming any 47 year old is still top ten insults the sport. Get this nonsense off the board farmer.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus weigh in results   UFC on Versus weigh in results - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 7:32 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
He hardly beat him convincingly, and is older and slower even today than he was then. Liddell has also been competing and beating names for a decade. So has Wanderlei Silva and Tim Sylvia. The "win" over Brandon Vera doesn't make him a top ten fighter. It was a good fight, but the way I saw it then and the way I see it now was more Brandon Vera under performing in a fight he should have decapitated Couture in, coupled with a little bit of Couture magic, with some favorable judging thrown in for good measure than Couture proving he can still truly compete with top names.

If the fought again Vera would knock him out.

Couture hasn't been a top ten caliber fighter since he walked away from the UFC after Gonzaga three years ago. He is old, slow, easily beaten to the punch by guys who get easily beaten to the punch by 240 pound wrestlers. He has no speed, no durability and nothing to offer top talent in the UFC at 47 years of age.

You can't honestly believe he is one of the ten best fighters at LHW in 2010? Do you know what the fuck guys like Shogun, Rashad, Rampage, Mousasi, Machida or Little Nog would do to Randy Couture these days?

Claiming any 47 year old is still top ten insults the sport. Get this nonsense off the board farmer.

I don't think Couture is a top 10 fighter either but there is no way in hell Brandon Vera's mom could rank him in front at Couture at this point.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus weigh in results   UFC on Versus weigh in results - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 7:44 pm

Oh please. Back tracking after you chime in like that is unbecoming of you. I know you've been reduced to random bitter pot shots at this point, but if you take a stand, at least own it. The reality is Vera would be a significant favorite to beat Couture in a rematch. The reality is more often than not, people who saw that fight felt Vera actually won. The reality is Vera would have a better chance to compete with the top of the division than Couture, who would collapse on his face when the first solid hook landed.

The reality is that Vera should be ranked higher. There is more to this kind of analysis than banal head to head judgements and MMA math, which is all you seem to default to in fight breakdowns.

On a related note, farmer, it is also unbecoming of you to lurk the forum, saying nothing until you find a minor issue you can disagree with and springing to life with 'OMG FAIL GET DA FUCK OUTA HERE WOLFY".

Come on man.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus weigh in results   UFC on Versus weigh in results - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 7:47 pm

And for the record, I was in the minority that felt the decision deserved to go to Couture. That doesn't mean Couture has more to offer at this stage as a fighter though.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus weigh in results   UFC on Versus weigh in results - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 7:50 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Oh please. Back tracking after you chime in like that is unbecoming of you. I know you've been reduced to random bitter pot shots at this point, but if you take a stand, at least own it. The reality is Vera would be a significant favorite to beat Couture in a rematch. The reality is more often than not, people who saw that fight felt Vera actually won. The reality is Vera would have a better chance to compete with the top of the division than Couture, who would collapse on his face when the first solid hook landed.

The reality is that Vera should be ranked higher. There is more to this kind of analysis than banal head to head judgements and MMA math, which is all you seem to default to in fight breakdowns.

On a related note, farmer, it is also unbecoming of you to lurk the forum, saying nothing until you find a minor issue you can disagree with and springing to life with 'OMG FAIL GET DA FUCK OUTA HERE WOLFY".

Come on man.

No one is back tracking. You can read my top 10 votes and you can read my posts in this thread.

I don't consider Couture a top 10 LHW. I probably wouldn't consider Vera a top 15 fighter. There is no way in hell Vera is rated higher than Couture at this point.

Sure there is more than MMAth, but guess what? It doesn't get much more clear than head to head results. You can analyze Vera's reach, MT, or wrestling all you want, but he has never accomplished a damn thing worthy of putting him anywhere near the top 10.

I don't lurk. I've been busy with spring break. Today is the first day I've spend real tim on this board in a week.

Sorry wofly, but you're wrong on all counts. Better luck next time. I'm going to enjoy Jones's destruction of Vera.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus weigh in results   UFC on Versus weigh in results - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 7:50 pm

Chuck also lost 4 of his last 5 so thats kind of a dead argument. Fact is the ultimate factor is head to head. Faber destroyed guys for a long time until Mike Brown beat him. After Brown won the first fight everyone was ranking Brown higher in the Featherweight AND Pound for Pound rankings. Why? Because he beat him!

Stop being a homer for the Truth.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus weigh in results   UFC on Versus weigh in results - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 8:03 pm

Even if Couture cleanly won that fight it would still be hard to rank him higher, but he didn't do that. The fight was hotly debated.

Given the fact it was so close, the fact Couture can't bust a grape or take a punch, the fact Vera is twice as fast with a much better chin, the fact Vera has more LHW wins in the UFC than Couture does, who has a squash match with the now cut and retired Coleman and a bunch of losses at HW, it becomes clear who the better fighter is nowdays.

Talk about head to head all you want, but anyone who watched that fight and knows the fight game can easily see Vera is the faster and more well rounded fighter, even if he did get held against the fence for a while.

Vera could easily win many fights against top ten LHW's. Couture could easily end up in the ER fighting for his life against many top ten LHW's.

Why am I even doing this? For most people subject to the laws of rationality and logic the sentence "Couture will be 47 years old when he fights next" should end the debate right there.

Mark Coleman rocked Couture. Enough is enough.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus weigh in results   UFC on Versus weigh in results - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 8:06 pm

Coleman gave Shogun a fight too.

You're argument should be in a year Vera could ranked higher than Couture. At this point Couture is winning. Who cares how old he is. He may not have the best chin or be lightning fast anymore but he overcomes it with strength, wrestling, and GnP. Once Couture starts losing then then you can talk about moving him out of the top 15 with Vera.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus weigh in results   UFC on Versus weigh in results - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 8:07 pm

How am I a homer for Vera when my case is simply based on the fact Couture is almost 47 and all of the negative side effects of age, and literally nothing else?

Vera has proven to me to be a weak minded fighter, who has championship skills but lacks championship mentality. The fact a guy as good as him, in his prime, is even debated with 46 year old chinless champs of yesteryear is a testament to his inability to take the next step.

I used to root big time for the truth, but even his most steadfast supporters are giving up on him these days.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus weigh in results   UFC on Versus weigh in results - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 8:08 pm

Maybe farmer, but I'd have to put Couture in the top 15 before I could move him out. At this point though, losing to Couture is more a symptom of that fighters decline than Couture's actual ability.

Shogun vs Chuck/Machida would KO Coleman in under 2 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus weigh in results   UFC on Versus weigh in results - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 8:12 pm

So then why didn't Vera finish him? He could have finished the fight in the first minute but he couldn't. End of story is right there. If you can't finish the guy who's about to be 47 after you rock him right off the bat why would you deserve to be ranked higher than him when he came back to get the win? Vera has more wins at light heavyweight in the UFC than Randy does. But Randy won the Title at light heavyweight, and fought for the title four times. Can Vera say the same? Vera never fought for any title, despite winning more fights at light heavyweight.

Seriously, don't throw opinions of why you don't think Couture should be ranked higher and call them facts of logic.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus weigh in results   UFC on Versus weigh in results - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 8:17 pm

Maybe your right about fighters losing to Couture more a signal of decline. But guys who are on the decline don't move up into the top ten...
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus weigh in results   UFC on Versus weigh in results - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 8:19 pm

Somebody is a lil stubborn right now. How does Coleman hitting Randy once have anything to do with what you all are talking about? Randy beat his ass. I still don't remember him rocking Randy either? I only watched the fight one time and maybe I turned my head when it happened?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus weigh in results   UFC on Versus weigh in results - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 8:22 pm

and before you say it...I am right about Fedor where you are wrong about this. Facts are facts like Randy beat Vera plain and simple. I do agree with you on Vera not having the mental edge to take it to the next level. He has all the tools to do the job. He just needs to go out and do the damn thang!
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus weigh in results   UFC on Versus weigh in results - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 8:24 pm

Beast... Who let you back in the house?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus weigh in results   UFC on Versus weigh in results - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 8:46 pm

LudoCain wrote:
Beast... Who let you back in the house?

Someone left the window upstairs open and I came thru like the dude off Martin!
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus weigh in results   UFC on Versus weigh in results - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 12:08 am

Well now we can put all this foolishness of Vera seeing the top ten behind us. Since he got his fuckin' skull busted by Jones' elbow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus weigh in results   UFC on Versus weigh in results - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC on Versus weigh in results
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2