Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF.

Go down 
+14
Birdofthad
oggy420
acccardinal12
LA
bobbitt15
GDPofDRC
muayjitsu
NoRegret
timthebim
boomer sooner
Wolfgangsta
Ludo
ohiovol62
Farmer1906
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF. Empty
PostSubject: Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF.   Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF. EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 12:31 pm

Quote :
Chuck Liddell will be fighting Rich Franklin in his next bout and not rival TUF 11 coach Tito Ortiz, Fighters Only has heard from a reliable source.

Rumour has it that the event will be staged in Nashville and be broadcast for free on the Spike TV network.

The Tennessee State Athletic Commission has not yet received an application from the UFC to stage an event in Nashville but the organisation has until Thursday to do so.

Ortiz is out of the fight but not because of injury; he is healthy and is not suffering back problems as some rumours claim. The reason for his withdrawal is known to Fighters Only is something that may significantly impact his future as a fighter, but we cannot report the details at this point.
Update :
Quote :
MMAjunkie.com has learned from sources close to the promotion that the two have verbally agreed to face each other in June at
UFC 115, though contracts have yet to be finalized.

The Franklin vs. Liddell matchup was first reported by Fighters Only magazine, though the U.K.-based publication pinned the fight to a rumored April 17 UFC Fight Night card that now seems increasingly unlikely to occur.

Those same sources suggested that Franklin was possibly brought in as a replacement coach to finish out the season's filming, and "Ace" now meets Liddell as an opposing "TUF" coach..

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/3/13/1371237/rich-franklin-vs-chuck-liddell

Last edited by Wolfgangsta on Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updating information.)
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF.   Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF. EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 12:38 pm

Couldn't get the link to work but if thats true, ouch. The fight Chuck vs Rich doesn't interest me at all but all the sheeple will eat it up. SF should think about canceling if this is true, wait for this Fedor shit to fix itself and put the card together later.

Last edited by ohiovol62 on Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF.   Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF. EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 12:39 pm

Gay
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF.   Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF. EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 12:56 pm

ohiovol62 wrote:
Couldn't get the link to work but if thats true, ouch. The fight Chuck vs Rich doesn't interest me at all but all the sheeple will eat it up. SF should think about canceling if this is true, wait for this Fedor shit to fix itself and put the card together later.

Nevermind, it works now. Damn.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF.   Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF. EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 1:00 pm

Naw, recent data shows that sheeple don't care about washed up legends. If this was ppv 300k buys would be the max this could hope to do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF.   Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF. EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 1:18 pm

This fight really interests me. Rich and Chuck are 2 of my favorite all time and both love to strike.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF.   Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF. EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 1:21 pm

I thought Rich was going to fight Randy next? Does that mean Randy will be fighting someone new to the UFC instead?

I can't wait for this fight by the way. Chuck is a legend and Rich is a semi-one.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF.   Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF. EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 1:31 pm

I will look forward to seeing this fight but I hope they show the replay of the UFC card later in the night so I can watch the SF card live and replay of Chuck vs Ace later.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF.   Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF. EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 1:42 pm

Ludo, I love your sig man, that made me laugh.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF.   Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF. EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 1:47 pm

Made overeem laugh too Laughing
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF.   Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF. EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 1:59 pm

boomer sooner wrote:
I thought Rich was going to fight Randy next? Does that mean Randy will be fighting someone new to the UFC instead?

I can't wait for this fight by the way. Chuck is a legend and Rich is a semi-one.

Randy vs Toney. I called it before. It is going to happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF.   Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF. EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 2:02 pm

This is stupid. What's the point of having Chuck and Tito coach the next TUF ??

I would much rather see Franklin vs Couture.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF.   Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF. EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 2:10 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:

The reason for his withdrawal is known to Fighters Only is something that may significantly impact his future as a fighter, but we cannot report the details at this point.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF.   Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF. EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 2:35 pm

This has come out as false. The UFC has not announced any event on Apr. 17th they are all rumors.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF.   Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF. EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 2:54 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

The reason for his withdrawal is known to Fighters Only is something that may significantly impact his future as a fighter, but we cannot report the details at this point.

I hope Jenna didn't have anything to do with that 'something significant'.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF.   Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF. EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 3:04 pm

Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF.   Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF. EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 3:45 pm

oh thanks I didn't see that. I wonder what happened to tito.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF.   Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF. EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 5:37 pm

Chuck vs. Rich is a better fight IMO, Tito would have been beaten down again, but this is a much tougher fight for Chuck in terms of matchups at the same time.

This is gonna be FOTN book it
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF.   Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF. EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 6:24 pm

Possibly. Or someone is too slow and eats a heavy hand early and doesn't recover in time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF.   Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF. EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 6:44 pm

Would much rather see this than Chuck-Tito so not bad
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF.   Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF. EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 6:53 pm

So I take it Tito is out during an episode of the TUF11 season and Rich will be a coach for some of the show or is Rich just fighting Chuck?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF.   Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF. EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 7:24 pm

wonder wtf happened to Tito? This is a better fight though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF.   Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF. EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 7:26 pm

Chuck is done he'll lose a decision to Franklin.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Tito trash talking Coleman at 109.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF.   Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF. EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 7:33 pm

I like this fight way more. Who really wanted Chuck vs Tito 3? I woud rather see Rich fight Chuck and see Randy rape Toney.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF.   Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF. EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 7:55 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Chuck is done he'll lose a decision to Franklin.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Tito trash talking Coleman at 109.

I dont think this fight has any shot of seeing a decision lol. Another point is I wonder on TUF will they reveal what happened to Tito when ace comes into the house? They might show it on the show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF.   Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF. Empty

Back to top Go down

Chuck vs Rich scheduled, Tito out of fight/filming of TUF.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next