Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida

Go down 
+5
ohiovol62
SOKO
GDPofDRC
OU
MMAEYES
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida Empty
PostSubject: There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida   There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 3:00 pm

"I really feel the love, and all the support from the fighters and the people in the stands; it's great. Something I don't like, they were booing Kenny (Florian) before the fight. There's no room for that in the sport.We're out there busting our balls every day, and we get out there and leave it on the line. There's no reason to boo anybody, whether it's a boring fight or whatever."
- UFC Lightweight and Fan Favorite, Clay "The Caprenter" Guida via mmajunkieradio.

Just saw this. Wanted to see what everyone's take is on booing fighters.

Now I do hate hearing boos during a good fight but if he thinks fans shouldn't boo during fights like Kimbo/Alexander, Silva/Laites, Barnes/Quarry, and even Evans/Silva IMO he's retarded! I work my balls off to, you know what happens when I don't do a good job at work? I catch shit for it same as anybody including fighters
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida   There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 3:04 pm

I have been to a UFC PPV in person, surrounded by fucking idiots. I wouldn't be offended by those fuckers booing me. He still gets his love, he still has his real fans. Can't fix stupid so booing isn't going anywhere.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida   There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 3:16 pm

I'm for booing the person not the fighter, but I'm not much of a booer. I'm pretty calm even when I cheer. In the end of most matches there is no room for booing unless a fighter gives a non fight related reason for it which some tend to do.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida   There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 3:31 pm

I'm just saying it's annoying to me when I hear fighters bitch about booing. When Anderson grabbed the mic after Cote got injured and lectured the croud for booing I was pissed. Here these guys were just staring at each other for 99 percent of the fight and he thinks people shouldn't be pissed that they spent all that money on seeing two guys dance around each other. I disagree completely

Also fighters love to use the this is entertainment excuse when they say something they shouldn't have or do something in the ring disrespectful but when they hear boos they are just athletes putting it all on the line and they don't understand why someone would ever boo any fight.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida   There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 3:38 pm

yeah no reason for it other than the starnes and leites fights etc. If I paid that kind of money and they ran the whole time I would boo but never disrespect their heart when they have one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida   There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 3:38 pm

Booing happens in most sports because no one wants to cheer the opposition unless you're a neutral or respect them.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida   There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 4:57 pm

There's pretty much two schools of thought I waffle on. One is: they paid good money for their tickets, if they wanna boo, then boo. I know I boo at every Tennessee football game I go to cuz the product sucks. The other is: dumbass numbskulls don't know what the fuck they're watching, so they boo. Remember the AA vs Werdum fight a couple years ago? Thats a fight people can boo, that fight sucked. I was feeling nostalgic the other day so I poped in my Saku vs Newton DVD, one of the best if not the best grapling matches of all time. And I thought to myself, if this fight was in the UFC today, trailer trash sister fuckers would boo it. JMO
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida   There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 5:06 pm

Clay needs to realize that as long as the UFC keeps going to places like Philly and Cleveland and other blue collar towns that once the budlight flows the boos flow. Helps them forget the dead end job that waits for them on monday or the 230 pound wife at home.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida   There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 5:15 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Clay needs to realize that as long as the UFC keeps going to places like Philly and Cleveland and other blue collar towns that once the budlight flows the boos flow. Helps them forget the dead end job that waits for them on monday or the 230 pound wife at home.

You may as well include every city Wolf. I've never seen a show not get boo'd, I wouldnt seclude it to just one region of the country.

Philly seems to be the biggest booing city that I have seen though.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida   There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 5:19 pm

wolf hit it on the nose for the most part. gotta agree
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida   There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 5:38 pm

Everyone of you are right for real. You can boo for a boring fight or a guy that acts like a punk (See Rashad nut grab vs Forrest). I hate when people boo two guys on the ground working some good bjj. A fight like Lietes vs Silva deserved it, just like Cote vs Silva. If you are cheering for a favorite fighter you should boo against his opponent. That is just sports. I don't think people would doubt that guys work hard to prepare for fights just because they boo.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida   There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 5:47 pm

I keep it simple. I paid money for the PPV or the ticket, or I made arrangements from my normal routine to watch the fights. I support the product, I wrote to state Senators and Congressmen to pass MMA Legislation, which they did. I purchase products from sponsors, when and where I can. All this effort, monies, and personal time devoted to a sport and now someone who is making money on the things that I do wants to tell me how it is just because he is a fighter? Much like all the rednecks told the Dixie Chicks to "Shut up and Sing", I am telling Clay to shut up and fight. Now go entertain me Monkey Boy!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida   There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 6:09 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
I keep it simple. I paid money for the PPV or the ticket, or I made arrangements from my normal routine to watch the fights. I support the product, I wrote to state Senators and Congressmen to pass MMA Legislation, which they did. I purchase products from sponsors, when and where I can. All this effort, monies, and personal time devoted to a sport and now someone who is making money on the things that I do wants to tell me how it is just because he is a fighter? Much like all the rednecks told the Dixie Chicks to "Shut up and Sing", I am telling Clay to shut up and fight. Now go entertain me Monkey Boy!

lmao you have a point!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida   There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 6:47 pm

Yeah A lot of fight fans are rabid lunatics drunk on blood lust. Oh wait is this supposed to go in that misconception thread?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida   There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida Empty

Back to top Go down

There's no reason to boo anybody-Clay Guida
Page 1 of 1