Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Would you be excited if...

Go down 
+5
Birdofthad
Farmer1906
Ludo
killerofchicken
muayjitsu
9 posters
AuthorMessage
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

Would you be excited if... Empty
PostSubject: Would you be excited if...   Would you be excited if... EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 5:43 pm

Would you be excited if the UFC signed Josh Barnett?

I know some of you want to write him off completely because of steroids. I am not one of those people. I was never a fan of his or a believer in his skills, but it would be one more reason for Fedor to come over. Him and his camp seem to be invested in fighting Barnett and he is still a legit top 10 HW. The UFC says it is "unlikely" but they never said it will never happen. I would like the signing, let him come in and fight Duffy to see if Duffy is for real or not.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Would you be excited if...   Would you be excited if... EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 5:44 pm

in order to get signed by the ufc he has to show some interest in getting clean, and from what we seen he has no interest in that
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Would you be excited if...   Would you be excited if... EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 5:45 pm

Horrible idea. The only thing it'd be good for is fighting Barnett but I doubt it would happen because I doubt he can/would/deserves to pass a drug test to fight in the US or get his license.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Would you be excited if...   Would you be excited if... EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 5:48 pm

Yeah, but it isn't going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Would you be excited if...   Would you be excited if... EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 5:50 pm

5 years ago

Im kind of excited

know I could care less
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Would you be excited if...   Would you be excited if... EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 5:57 pm

I would like for him to be in the UFC. It would be nice to see the UFC top 5-6 fighters beat his rear end.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: Would you be excited if...   Would you be excited if... EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 6:00 pm

So how did he fall so fast for many of you who thought he was fedor's only real competition just a year or so ago.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Would you be excited if...   Would you be excited if... EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 6:05 pm

muayjitsu wrote:
So how did he fall so fast for many of you who thought he was fedor's only real competition just a year or so ago.

Steroids
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Would you be excited if...   Would you be excited if... EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 6:11 pm

muayjitsu wrote:

I think it is more because he was one of the only guys outside of the UFC that was available to fight Fedor. Last year he would have been my third or fourth pick to fight Fedor. The roid test failure didn't help him in my eyes either.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: Would you be excited if...   Would you be excited if... EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 6:12 pm

He always took them Ludo this was a third offense. So this last time was worse then the first two? I guess Shawn Merriman sucks now cause he took roids.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: Would you be excited if...   Would you be excited if... EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 6:13 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
muayjitsu wrote:

I think it is more because he was one of the only guys outside of the UFC that was available to fight Fedor. Last year he would have been my third or fourth pick to fight Fedor. The roid test failure didn't help him in my eyes either.

I agree with you about where he stood amongst the HWs but most everyone else on here had him 2 in the world and I remember arguing like crazy over this.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Would you be excited if...   Would you be excited if... EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 6:18 pm

I didnt have Barnett number 2 a year ago

I was one of the people saying he would never end up in the ring with Fedor
the guys a fucking head case
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: Would you be excited if...   Would you be excited if... EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 6:27 pm

Man i need to find that Topic on here I know there was plenty of people on here saying that. Or was it on ESPN boards. Even if you didn't have him at 2 most rankings did. I didn't either but I would be for the signing in order to lure Fedor.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Would you be excited if...   Would you be excited if... EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 6:35 pm

Actually I don't remember his test coming out tainted after he fought in Affliction. That coupled with his success in Japan where Roids are perfectly legal and even encouraged had alot to do with his ranking. Getting busted for roids a third time on US soil is indicitive of his utter stupidity.

If both guys are on roids in Japan then by all means enjoy the freak show. If only one is trying to "get an edge" while the other one isn't, thats when it's a foul. Next question please.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: Would you be excited if...   Would you be excited if... EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 6:52 pm

So i guess that tarnishes everyone that ever fought in Japan Ludo.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Would you be excited if...   Would you be excited if... EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 6:57 pm

Barnett is still a top 5 HW based on ability, views on him are skewed because of his recent roid issues, but would I be excited definetely.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Would you be excited if...   Would you be excited if... EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 6:59 pm

I would like to see Barnett back in the fold. I'm not a big Josh fan, I think his style is boring blanket at times, but there is no doubt he is one of the best HW fighters ever. He is just big and smothering and can really neutralize other fighters and has pretty decent subs for his size. From a fighting perspective he belongs among the best in the UFC or SF. But business is different. To be able to compete in the UFC he would presumably have to conform to the rules and not juice. That is a risk for Dana to consider. He really doesn't want things in the UFC turning ugly with the steroid stigma present in the big sports now. I think steroids themselves are getting to much credit over ability of a fighter. Josh has roided, which is bad, but it would of meant nothing still if the guy had limited skill. But yeah I would like to see him in sanctioned competition once again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: Would you be excited if...   Would you be excited if... EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 7:00 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Barnett is still a top 5 HW based on ability, views on him are skewed because of his recent roid issues, but would I be excited definetely.

Finally a realistic view. We should all not be so naive to think that athletes at this level are not trying roids or HGH in order to get gains that includes some of our fav fighters. I am a big Alves fan but he was caught with roids. We could use another fighter to root against it makes things more interesting.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: Would you be excited if...   Would you be excited if... EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 7:03 pm

Yeah he would be a risk signing but in order to sanction him you can force him to more drug test in order to keep him clean. Dana could put it in his contract that if he fails he will not receive any payouts or money owed to him and his contract is void. Plus Dana could seriously get you banned for life in the US.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Would you be excited if...   Would you be excited if... EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 7:51 pm

It doesn't discredit everyone who ever fought in Japan. Read through what I've written before you pick out one line of it and misconstrue even that. It's an unfair advantage to juice in a setting in which your opponent is not given the same option as per the rules and regulations. If he wants to fight in Japan where Steroids are not against the rules and win fights against other steroid using fighters then it's a fair fight. However I don't see much competition between two guys who needed to take steroids. Competition is about natural ability/skill/talent/geniune work ethic.

He's already pretty much banned in the US. Nobody with any kind of smarts is going to sign this guy because he's way too much of a liability. His bullshit is part of what lead to Afflictions downfall(notice I said PART). He's not even eligible to reapply for license in the US until the fall, assuming he can pass a piss test then.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Would you be excited if...   Would you be excited if... EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 7:58 pm

Yes. Barnett is one of the best HW in the world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you be excited if...   Would you be excited if... Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you be excited if...
Page 1 of 1