Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve?

Go down 
+6
Bigs03
Farmer1906
LA
Wolfgangsta
timthebim
acccardinal12
10 posters
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve? Empty
PostSubject: Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve?   Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve? EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 4:58 pm

Who would you give him as a his next fight. I do think Roy is a top 10 HW in the world. He was robbed against AA imo and if it wasn't for that he would be in most of everyones top 10. (I think)

UFC will probably give him the winner of Rothwell/Yvel. I would like to see him fight Nog for real. I think if he wins against Struve he deserves a top guy in the UFC. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve?   Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve? EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 5:29 pm

Nog would be a great fight for Roy but Dana fucking hates him and will probably move him slow. Maybe versus the Kongo vs Buentello winner or something like that.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve?   Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve? EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 5:33 pm

Good then he can destroy Kongo too. I see Roy tking any guy down and getting a boring win. He would against Kongo for sure. I don't think he would stand up for too long with him. I am not drinking the Kongo standup kool aid like alot of people.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve?   Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve? EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 5:35 pm

Kongo does hit hard but is very robotic and 1 demensional.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve?   Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve? EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:06 pm

Roy has been a top 15ish HW for years and a win here would only reaffirm that. I want him in fights with contenders from here on out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve?   Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve? EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:06 pm

Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Roy has been a top 15ish HW for years and a win here would only reaffirm that. I want him in fights with contenders from here on out.

+1 again. I feel like you post what I wanna say before me. I gotta get quicker.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve?   Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve? EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:12 pm

Ya LA I was going to post your thread.

Thanks farmer.

I have a feeling the UFC is going to try and keep Roy out of fights where the prospects of him winning would have potential title implications. Dana hates him personally and the UFC has always been against him entering the promotion due to his shape.

I like the fatman.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve?   Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve? EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:15 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ya LA I was going to post your thread.

Thanks farmer.

I have a feeling the UFC is going to try and keep Roy out of fights where the prospects of him winning would have potential title implications. Dana hates him personally and the UFC has always been against him entering the promotion due to his shape.

I like the fatman.

I half way agree. I think Dana wants him to fail, but I don't think that'll stop him from getting a big fight with a contender and chance to move up the rankings. I think Dana wants to give him a bad match up vs someone like maybe Carwin who can probably keep it standing and knock out Nelson with his big paws.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve?   Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve? EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:18 pm

Ya a Carwin fight wouldn't be the best match up for him. Nelson is more of a Mir type. Big HW with a BJJ predigree and heavy hands. Lately that style hasn't faired as well against wrestlers with heavy hands.

That could still be a toss up type fight though. Nelson has big big power too.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve?   Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve? EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:30 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Crazy

https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/mma-f1/if-big-country-beats-struve-decisively-is-he-a-top-10-hw-t2736.htm

Hah I never saw that. Sorry if I stepped on ur toes. Great minds think alike
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve?   Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve? EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 3:45 pm

A win over Struve does nothing for his rankings IMO. He's fighting a lesser opponent, if anything this is Struve's chance to make a name for himself.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve?   Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve? EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 4:36 pm

Same thoughts as most on this. He has been and will be with a win over Struve some where in the middle of 11-20. He either needs a decisive win vs a universally excepted top ten'ish fighter. Being in the UFC he can't get a three or four fight win streak and not have to run into some legit guys eventually in the division.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Kevro

PostSubject: Re: Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve?   Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:16 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:

around 15ish is what i thought also, but i think hes better than some top HW's just because of the match-up. but im sure someone with great stand-upand can hold his own on the ground would take out roy.

im gonna guess DANA is gonna use big country for new talent in the UFC by giving them a vet, thats if roy loses at least one fight. if he dont lose then he might get a top 3 fight then lose.

roy is a very technical fighter and very disciplined(sp) but just like every other fat guy, once he gets rocked he's like a sack of potatoes on legs.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve?   Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:09 pm

I say he goes no where with a win over struve just my opinion
Back to top Go down
JimboJones1
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve?   Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:17 pm

I agree with Bigs. Struve is a step down for Roy. Has anyone been at all impressed by Struve?
Back to top Go down
Kevro

PostSubject: Re: Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve?   Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:19 pm

JimboJones1 wrote:
I agree with Bigs. Struve is a step down for Roy. Has anyone been at all impressed by Struve?

other than his size not really.

paul beat the hell out of him and i guess roy will have to knock him out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve?   Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where do you rank Roy Nelson with a win over Struve?
Page 1 of 1