Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rogers next opponent?

Go down 
+3
bobbitt15
Birdofthad
Skyab23
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Skyab23
White Belt
White Belt
Skyab23

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor, GSP, Nog

Rogers next opponent? Empty
PostSubject: Rogers next opponent?   Rogers next opponent? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 11:19 pm

I haven't heard anything since Brett Rogers' last fight with Fedor many months ago, about the fighter's next opponent. Has anyone heard any news about a potential upcoming opponent, and if not, who do you guys think would be a good matchup for him? I think he should fight Antonio "Big Foot" Silva.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Rogers next opponent?   Rogers next opponent? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 11:22 pm

I have heard nothing

Rogers vs Big Foot makes sense
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Rogers next opponent?   Rogers next opponent? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 11:29 pm

He said he's never going to lose again so its pretty much irrelevant who he's fighting
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Rogers next opponent?   Rogers next opponent? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 1:00 am

I am hoping for Bigfoot. I think SF has one other fighter and he is supposed to fight Fedor. lol
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Rogers next opponent?   Rogers next opponent? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 1:32 am

A rematch with Arlovski would be welcome by the fans to prove a point either way. Also, there was call for Lashley to take this fight, but that doesn't seem reasonable with Lashley's repeated all or nothing statements about his career path.

Shane Del Rosario is another stiff test for him; he has a well rounded skillset and is on the rise, and this fight would likely be an entertaining standup battle, and there is also Mike Kyle, who is explosive on his feet, who appeared to be zeroing in on Werdum before it hit the mat, would provide a competitive test for him.

And Dave Herman needs to either come to Strikeforce or the UFC already. He should be in these fights by now.

Lots of quality heavyweights around.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Rogers next opponent?   Rogers next opponent? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 1:59 am

Not going to happen, but I wanna see Rogers vs Overeem.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rogers next opponent?   Rogers next opponent? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 2:36 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
A rematch with Arlovski would be welcome by the fans to prove a point either way. Also, there was call for Lashley to take this fight, but that doesn't seem reasonable with Lashley's repeated all or nothing statements about his career path.

Shane Del Rosario is another stiff test for him; he has a well rounded skillset and is on the rise, and this fight would likely be an entertaining standup battle, and there is also Mike Kyle, who is explosive on his feet, who appeared to be zeroing in on Werdum before it hit the mat, would provide a competitive test for him.

And Dave Herman needs to either come to Strikeforce or the UFC already. He should be in these fights by now.

I like Del Rasario. I have seen him fight three times and he has looked good. Not sure about the rest. I know Herman was making loud noise a year ago and forgot all about him. He would be a nice welcome to SF. I think both should be in a bigger fight before Fedor though. Kyle is a guy that is not near top ten and that would just show how weak SF is. Lashley is no Brock and it I know that would sell, but he doesn't deserve a fight with Fedor.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rogers next opponent?   Rogers next opponent? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 2:37 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

I like Del Rasario. I have seen him fight three times and he has looked good. Not sure about the rest?. I know Herman was making loud noise a year ago and forgot all about him. He would be a nice welcome to SF. I think both should be in a bigger fight before Fedor though. Kyle is a guy that is not near top ten and that would just show how weak SF is. Lashley is no Brock and it I know that would sell, but he doesn't deserve a fight with Fedor.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Rogers next opponent?   Rogers next opponent? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 9:13 am

Give him Lashley.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rogers next opponent?   Rogers next opponent? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 9:53 am

Kyle is an explosive standup talent though. He serves the same role Yvel did for Dos Santos.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rogers next opponent?   Rogers next opponent? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 4:08 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Kyle is an explosive standup talent though. He serves the same role Yvel did for Dos Santos.

Headline fight for SF......Fedor vs MIKE KYLE. It just doesn't sound too good wolf. A headliner like that wouldn't be good for SF.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rogers next opponent?   Rogers next opponent? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 4:44 pm

Rogers likely wouldn't headline against Mike Kyle if that fight were made. Usually their non-challenger Showtime cards have multiple headliner type fights.

That is still a compelling fight.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rogers next opponent?   Rogers next opponent? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 5:26 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Rogers likely wouldn't headline against Mike Kyle if that fight were made. Usually their non-challenger Showtime cards have multiple headliner type fights.

That is still a compelling fight.

I lost my head there. Not sure where it had gone?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rogers next opponent?   Rogers next opponent? Empty

Back to top Go down

Rogers next opponent?
Page 1 of 1