Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being"

Go down 
+9
Birdofthad
Andrew the Raider King
OU
Farmer1906
Wolfgangsta
ohiovol62
GDPofDRC
acccardinal12
Skyab23
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Skyab23
White Belt
White Belt
Skyab23

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor, GSP, Nog

Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being" Empty
PostSubject: Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being"   Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being" EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:16 pm

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/Story%2010250.html

I have a lot of respect for Carwin and while I think Mir is the better fighter at this stage of their careers, I will be pulling for Carwin when the two square off inside the octagon in March.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being"   Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being" EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:25 pm

Skyab23 wrote:
http://www.mmabay.co.uk/Story%2010250.html

I have a lot of respect for Carwin and while I think Mir is the better fighter at this stage of their careers, I will be pulling for Carwin when the two square off inside the octagon in March.
Carwin will manhandle Frank almost as bad as Brock did. Frank is never gonna be able to handle either of them imo. I can't wait for Carwin vs Lesnar!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being"   Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being" EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:36 pm

I bet Sam Vasquez's family could agree with what Carwin says.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being"   Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being" EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:38 pm

Carwin has a mouth too IMO. Nothing wrong with that and in no way shape or form will I put his mouth on the level of Mir's doucheiness. But Carwin calls out everyone out and he's beat no one of any merit. That said I'll be rooting hard for Carwin. Don't think it'll happen though. Mir's bigger than Carwin is.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being"   Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being" EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:42 pm

The dislike at the top of the division is really growing.

Mir has beef with Nog, Lesnar and Carwin. Putting quite the target on his back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being"   Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being" EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:42 pm

ohiovol62 wrote:
Carwin has a mouth too IMO. Nothing wrong with that and in no way shape or form will I put his mouth on the level of Mir's doucheiness. But Carwin calls out everyone out and he's beat no one of any merit. That said I'll be rooting hard for Carwin. Don't think it'll happen though. Mir's bigger than Carwin is.
GG is no slouch and I think Carwin is bigger than Mir. I remember Rogan saying he and Brock always had to cut weight for a HW fight. Mir is around 250 I think.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being"   Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being" EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:43 pm

Mir was 264 or something in his last fight. He has added significant muscle mass.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being"   Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being" EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:44 pm

Carwin is listed as 6'5" 265 and Mir is 6'3" 250lbs
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being"   Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being" EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:46 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Mir was 264 or something in his last fight. He has added significant muscle mass.
Yeah I knew he had picked up some weight from him saying he trained with Mark Phillippi and other stories I had heard in the past 4-6 months. That being said I would still think Carwin is bigger based off what Rogan had said.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being"   Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being" EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:47 pm

Ya, but it'd be nice if you watched fights or kept up with the sport more, instead of basing things off what some profile lists them as.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being"   Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being" EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:49 pm

The UFC has been trying to say Carwin is as big as Brock for a while, but have been caught fibbing about his height and how much he cuts. I think they exaggerate Brock too, but Carwin and Mir will be similar in size.

Also I have also heard from MFS sources that both Brock and Carwin can fit into the gloves Tim wears just fine, and those "special" huge glove stories are ploys more than anything.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being"   Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being" EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:50 pm

Carwin dictates the pace and doesn't let Mir get him to the ground. They box it out. I go Carwin with the win 29-28 and Mir bloodied up.

* response to deleted post.

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being"   Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being" EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:51 pm

Carwin is not 6'5". I expect Mir and Carwin to be very similar in size come weigh ins and fight night.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being"   Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being" EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:52 pm

I think it would be interesting to see who weighs more on fight day, not at the weigh in(altough I am interested in that too) but really I want to know how big they are on fight day.
Mir has put on some serious mass....so much it makes you wonder???
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being"   Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being" EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:55 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ya, but it'd be nice if you watched fights or kept up with the sport more, instead of basing things off what some profile lists them as.

I keep up with the sport as much as I can, and anyone would use that as a reference. For the record I DID know what Frank has been up too and Carwin does cut to make 265lbs. Fact and I am right. Stoip being an asshole wolf
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being"   Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being" EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:58 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
The UFC has been trying to say Carwin is as big as Brock for a while, but have been caught fibbing about his height and how much he cuts. I think they exaggerate Brock too, but Carwin and Mir will be similar in size.

Also I have also heard from MFS sources that both Brock and Carwin can fit into the gloves Tim wears just fine, and those "special" huge glove stories are ploys more than anything.

Maybe I just shouldn't trust what Rogan says I guess. I only trusted that and since you brought up the gloves I was gullible to beieve him about that too. I know Rogan has been in the same room with them on different occassions and I just went by what he said.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being"   Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being" EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:59 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Carwin dictates the pace and doesn't let Mir get him to the ground. They box it out. I go Carwin with the win 29-28 and Mir bloodied up.

* response to deleted post.

Sorry I thought it would make a good thread so I deleted it since this was about something else. Didn't want to step on someones toes.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being"   Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being" EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:02 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I think it would be interesting to see who weighs more on fight day, not at the weigh in(altough I am interested in that too) but really I want to know how big they are on fight day.
Mir has put on some serious mass....so much it makes you wonder???

lmao
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being"   Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being" EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:10 pm

Whocares if Mir is a terrible human being? I care if he can fight a good fight and he can. I see Carwin trying to engage with strikes, performing some quick takedowns and getting back up to throw some more punches.

I see Mir waiting for Carwin to screw up on his feet and counter-punching his way to a possible victory. If not he will go for the sub.
Back to top Go down
Skyab23
White Belt
White Belt
Skyab23

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor, GSP, Nog

PostSubject: Re: Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being"   Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being" EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:16 pm

I care if the guy comes across as a douche bag and constantly says repugnant statements...this is just like any sport, you follow people you like and become a fan. I have the utmost respect for Mir's ability, I think he's the third best heavyweight in the world behind Fedor and Brock, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm rooting against him come March when he faces Carwin, who not only is a good up and coming heavyweight talent, but is a much better spokesman for the sport of MMA.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being"   Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being" EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:42 pm

Couldnt have said it any better than Carwin

well said Shane
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being"   Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being" EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:29 pm

I dislike brock also but.... I never liked people that believe that they themselves are so holy and in the right that it gives them the right to say other nonsense about other people. He is the worst type of person even if it is just trying to hype that fight. I never remember Brock saying any Ill will on mir's life even though Brock is douchey himself. When a sport is trying to be legitimate and you have a guy that claims to be a real "martial artist" acting in this matter you should not promote these actions and I am happy to see dana not allow this to just go on.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being"   Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being" EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 9:31 pm

I just want to see the fight fuck all the talking lol. Mir is gonna be the favorite and to be honest i dont know who to root for. I want Mir to get destroyed but I want Brock to do it so Im stuck on who I want to win this fight.
Back to top Go down
thessy11
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being"   Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being" EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 12:10 am

This article is dumb and the title is horribly misleading.

I did not see the interview so I can't comment on what he might have said. I can tell you that ANY athlete wishing death upon a competitor is either a terrible human being or mentally unfit to fight.

Carwin didn't call Mir anything.

A=B and B=C therefore A=C is third grade logic.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being"   Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being" EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 10:52 am

Mir, submission, first round.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being"   Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being" Empty

Back to top Go down

Carwin calls out Mir as a "terrible human being"
Page 1 of 1