Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rampage on Rashad : Big mouth and he ain’t got a chin. Its ironic.

Go down 
+2
bobbitt15
Wolfgangsta
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Rampage on Rashad : Big mouth and he ain’t got a chin. Its ironic. Empty
PostSubject: Rampage on Rashad : Big mouth and he ain’t got a chin. Its ironic.   Rampage on Rashad : Big mouth and he ain’t got a chin. Its ironic. EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:07 pm

Quote :
Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson says time off from fighting in the Octagon will not be a factor when he finally steps in the cage to face his rival Rashad Evans in a light-heavyweight battle that has been brewing since an in-cage face-off at UFC 96 following Jackson’s win over Keith Jardine.

The two were supposed to clash at UFC 107 but Rampage took a part in a movie of The A-Team and was unavailable. The fight is now going to take place on UFC 114 nd Rampage told Fighters Only that his sojourn in Hollywood (technically, Canada) will not affect him.

“I am a fighter, for real. I have taken time off before and come back and did a good job. Its all about what is in you. I ain’t worried about how many fights he got, I have beat people that fought every month while I didn’t fight in years. I have beat people who have way more experience than I do. Its all about what is in you, and Rashad talks too much. Its in me to whup up on him. Its in me,” he said.

The two built up serious animosity on The Ultimate Fighter season ten, verbally taunting each other daily and squaring off more than once during filming. But has the passage of time and a prolonged absence from Evans’ company taken the edge off the trash talk that so annoyed Jackson on the show?

Apparently not.

“Those words he said on The Ultimate Fighter show are still around, I still got to hear it when fans bring it up all the time… The time is going to come, he is going to get his. I am going to test his chin because he has got no chin. A guy with a big mouth like that, and he ain’t got a chin. Its ironic,” Rampage smiled.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Rampage on Rashad : Big mouth and he ain’t got a chin. Its ironic.   Rampage on Rashad : Big mouth and he ain’t got a chin. Its ironic. EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:10 pm

Rampage by KO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampage on Rashad : Big mouth and he ain’t got a chin. Its ironic.   Rampage on Rashad : Big mouth and he ain’t got a chin. Its ironic. EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:43 pm

I can't wait to see Rashad kick Page's ass.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Rampage on Rashad : Big mouth and he ain’t got a chin. Its ironic.   Rampage on Rashad : Big mouth and he ain’t got a chin. Its ironic. EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:55 pm

His right.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Rampage on Rashad : Big mouth and he ain’t got a chin. Its ironic.   Rampage on Rashad : Big mouth and he ain’t got a chin. Its ironic. EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:57 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
I can't wait to see Rashad kick Page's ass.

U might be waiting awhile lol. Rampage by KO.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Rampage on Rashad : Big mouth and he ain’t got a chin. Its ironic.   Rampage on Rashad : Big mouth and he ain’t got a chin. Its ironic. EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 6:04 pm

after seeing Rashad vs Thiago I am starting to think the Machida loss might have been a changing one for the worst.

Looked Like shit at 107
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Rampage on Rashad : Big mouth and he ain’t got a chin. Its ironic.   Rampage on Rashad : Big mouth and he ain’t got a chin. Its ironic. EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 6:24 pm

I do think it may be alittle premature to say Rashad has no chin though. He lost 1 fight by KO and thats his only loss. Rampage maybe right right but I think its alittle early.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rampage on Rashad : Big mouth and he ain’t got a chin. Its ironic.   Rampage on Rashad : Big mouth and he ain’t got a chin. Its ironic. EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 8:02 pm

Machida isn't known for stopping power classically, and Thiago rocked him pretty good.

Not sure Rampage would be able to hit him much though. If Rashad can avoid fire fights and uses kicks and footwork to prevent Rampage from setting and unloading he can win this fight.

Hard one to call. I've waffled on this one both ways big time.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Rampage on Rashad : Big mouth and he ain’t got a chin. Its ironic.   Rampage on Rashad : Big mouth and he ain’t got a chin. Its ironic. EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 11:19 pm

my heart wants rampage to stanky leg evans.. If evans can stay on the outside and get a few takedowns he could beat page
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampage on Rashad : Big mouth and he ain’t got a chin. Its ironic.   Rampage on Rashad : Big mouth and he ain’t got a chin. Its ironic. EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 11:22 pm

I think Rashad's speed and wrestling will win him a comfortable decision.

Page can be one dimensional at times relying too much on his striking.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Rampage on Rashad : Big mouth and he ain’t got a chin. Its ironic.   Rampage on Rashad : Big mouth and he ain’t got a chin. Its ironic. EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 11:27 pm

yeah ali I can see it that way aswell but page could put sheed to sleep
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rampage on Rashad : Big mouth and he ain’t got a chin. Its ironic.   Rampage on Rashad : Big mouth and he ain’t got a chin. Its ironic. EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 2:46 am

Rampage hasn't KO'd anyone outside the first round who was a top fighter ever besides the 03 Liddell towel, so Rashad's chances improve the longer the fight goes.

I am still suspicious of his ability to take the kind of punishment Rampage can, who is known for his granite chin.

If Rashad lands one of those kicks or overhands that KO'd Salmon and Liddell though, I have a hard time seeing him surviving for very long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rampage on Rashad : Big mouth and he ain’t got a chin. Its ironic.   Rampage on Rashad : Big mouth and he ain’t got a chin. Its ironic. Empty

Back to top Go down

Rampage on Rashad : Big mouth and he ain’t got a chin. Its ironic.
Page 1 of 1