Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Top 10 Fighters of the First 10 UFC's

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Top 10 Fighters of the First 10 UFC's Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 Fighters of the First 10 UFC's   Top 10 Fighters of the First 10 UFC's EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 11:03 pm

1. Royce Gracie - participated in 5 of the first 10 events winning 3 tournaments, and winning every fight he was in barring the SuperFight. Wins over Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn, Kimo, and RON VAN CLIEFF!!!! during this time.

2. Ken Shamrock - The clear number 2 of this era IMO (hey shoot me), Participated in 8 of the first 10 events. First to not lose to Royce, also has wins over Severn, Taktarov, Kimo, Smith, and HAROLD HOWARD during this time.

3. Marco Ruas - Only participated in 1 UFC event during this time, but man I think that 1 showing proved that he was one of the best of this era. He could kick you, punch you, submit you, whatever. First to win a tournament via different finish every fight.

4. Dan Severn - Participated in 4 events during this time, First good wrestler of UFC early days. Won UFC 5 tournament. Wins over Shamrock, Taktarov, and Macias during this time. Losses to Royce Gracie and Ken Shamrock as well. A bove Coleman simply because he was busier in this period.

5. Mark Coleman - 1 appearance from this time period, but it was clear he was damn good and a force. The first supreme wrestler of UFC. This Coleman would have given everyone on this list a tough ass fight. Big win over Don Frye in UFC 10 Finals.

6. Don Frye - appeared in 3 UFCs during this time winning 1 tournament and then losing another one to Coleman. Biggest win during this period is probably over Gary Goodridge.

7. Oleg Taktarov - Participated in 3 events during this time, bigest wins over Dave Buenet and Tank Abbott, lost to Dan Severn and Ken Shamrock . Won 1 tournament. First great Sambo wrestler in UFC. Went on to beat Ruas.

HERE IS WHERE IT GETS TRICKY every man above should render no argument, these next 3 should render many arguments

8. Kimo - Participated in 2 events, lost both fights, but they were verse Royce Gracie and Ken Shamrock, nothing wrong with that, first plain big man of UFC. Nothing special but during this era a tough fight. Probably too high cause I can remmber how confident Ken was fighting him. He thought it would be an easy fight.

9. Tank Abbott - participated in 1 event during this era, but man was it an important one, would have been in more but was suspended numerous times. Ran through the tournament before succumbing to Oleg Taktarov but man, those fists were fearsome, and the whole UFC was put on alert, keep your head on a swivel verse this Tank guy.

10. Paul Varlens - Participated in 4 events if I remember correctly. No big wins but was always tough and made for great fights with Steve Jennum, Marco Ruas, and Tank Abbott. The Polar Bear was an accurate nickname.

Guy Mezger would have been ranked but only had 1 fight during this period so I did not rank him. Pat Smith at number 10 would recieve no arguments from me as well as Gary Goodridge

Whats yalls take, would love to get yalls rankings. If this is popular I will do the top 10 fighters from every 10 UFCs, let me know if you would enjoy that
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Fighters of the First 10 UFC's   Top 10 Fighters of the First 10 UFC's EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 5:02 am

There is no way Pat Smith is excluded from this list! American Ninjitsu died with Scott Morris thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Fighters of the First 10 UFC's   Top 10 Fighters of the First 10 UFC's EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 10:32 am

WHERE IS BOLANDER?! Remco Parduel? Keith "I punch your nuts" Hackney? Those guys should be in the discussion.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Fighters of the First 10 UFC's   Top 10 Fighters of the First 10 UFC's EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 2:18 pm

Where's Harold Howard?

Oh no! Not this Harold Howard shit again. lol
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Fighters of the First 10 UFC's   Top 10 Fighters of the First 10 UFC's EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 2:33 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
WHERE IS BOLANDER?! Remco Parduel? Keith "I punch your nuts" Hackney? Those guys should be in the discussion.

Bohlander had 2 fights duing this period a win vs Ferrozzo and loss to Goodridge
He was better fighter than Varlens I just didnt think he was busy enough but great add

Keith Hackney was famous for beating a 400 pounder and nothing more IMO,
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Fighters of the First 10 UFC's   Top 10 Fighters of the First 10 UFC's EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 2:33 pm

ohiovol62 wrote:
Where's Harold Howard?

Oh no! Not this Harold Howard shit again. lol

hahaha Where would you rank him? 1? hahahaha Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Fighters of the First 10 UFC's   Top 10 Fighters of the First 10 UFC's EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 2:37 pm

No Bird! That spot is reserved for Steve Jennum
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Fighters of the First 10 UFC's   Top 10 Fighters of the First 10 UFC's EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 2:54 pm

Mr Jennum haha, he was t with Varlens sure was funtough that figh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Fighters of the First 10 UFC's   Top 10 Fighters of the First 10 UFC's Empty

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Fighters of the First 10 UFC's
Page 1 of 1