Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Phil Baroni confirms there was NEVER a Hammer House gym…

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

Phil Baroni confirms there was NEVER a Hammer House gym… Empty
PostSubject: Phil Baroni confirms there was NEVER a Hammer House gym…   Phil Baroni confirms there was NEVER a Hammer House gym… EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 10:11 pm

It looks like Chael Sonnen may have been on to something when he said that Mark Coleman doesn’t really have a gym and Team Hammer House is fictional.

Phil Baroni confirmed with our friends over at MiddleEasy.com that there never was a “Hammer House” gym, it was only a publicity stunt that PRIDE started.
“There’s no gym Hammerhouse. There’s no gym in Ohio. There’s no–you know Coleman’s out here in Vegas training me. He’s staying at the Palace Station. There’s no team. I never went to train with Team Hammerhouse. It’s just bullshit. Coleman’s just a good marketer. He’s telling me he wants to open up a Hammerhouse gym in Ohio. He’d like to do that some day. It was just a bunch of guys fighting under a flag you know what I mean? They didn’t train together. I never really trained with Coleman. He’s way too big. He would corner me and we’d have conversations on the phone. It’s not a gym. It was something in Japan that they marketed. They just made the team more than what it is. There is no Hammerhouse. Hammerhouse is a punching bag on Coleman’s porch. I’ve seen pictures of it. It’s just an old punching bag. I’ve never even been to Coleman’s house.”

Source:
http://urdirt.com/2010/02/03/phil-baroni-confirms-there-was-never-a-hammer-house-gym-its-still-real-to-me-dammit/
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Phil Baroni confirms there was NEVER a Hammer House gym…   Phil Baroni confirms there was NEVER a Hammer House gym… EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 10:15 pm

woah so the videos i use to watch of coleman randlemnan and some big oaf were in a public gym?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Phil Baroni confirms there was NEVER a Hammer House gym…   Phil Baroni confirms there was NEVER a Hammer House gym… EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 10:23 pm

I'm pretty sure Baroni is talking out of his ass. Team Hammerhouse existed, but stopped somewhere during Pride's run. Hammerhouse goes back before Baroni was even fighting.

Bird come lay it down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Phil Baroni confirms there was NEVER a Hammer House gym…   Phil Baroni confirms there was NEVER a Hammer House gym… EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 10:35 pm

HammerHouse was around as early as UFC 12, Maybe there never was a gym
what Baroni said about alot of guys fighting under 1 flag sounds about right

It would actually make more sense if there never was a HammerHouse gym cause I remember when Coleman came and worked with Lions Den he couldnt believe all the shit they did

He was even quoted as saying They tore his ego down

To me whether there was a HammerHouse gym or not

Hammer House was one of the most well known MMA Camps in the early days. And one of the best
It was Lions Den, R.A.W., and HammerHouse
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Phil Baroni confirms there was NEVER a Hammer House gym…   Phil Baroni confirms there was NEVER a Hammer House gym… EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 10:36 pm

Know Pride jsut making shit up wouldnt surprise me at all, but reguardless what Baroni says

anyone on here want to argue that Coleman and Randleman werent on the same team? Very Happy
Didnt think so
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Phil Baroni confirms there was NEVER a Hammer House gym…   Phil Baroni confirms there was NEVER a Hammer House gym… EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 10:37 pm

Miletich came after the 3 camps I mentioned
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Phil Baroni confirms there was NEVER a Hammer House gym…   Phil Baroni confirms there was NEVER a Hammer House gym… EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 10:38 pm

and Im confusing myself
was Kerr with R.A.W. or HammerHouse I think he was with Randy at R.A.W.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Phil Baroni confirms there was NEVER a Hammer House gym…   Phil Baroni confirms there was NEVER a Hammer House gym… EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 11:25 pm

kerr was with Bas some aswell..

miletech owned the other camps
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phil Baroni confirms there was NEVER a Hammer House gym…   Phil Baroni confirms there was NEVER a Hammer House gym… Empty

Back to top Go down

Phil Baroni confirms there was NEVER a Hammer House gym…
Page 1 of 1