Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again?

Go down 
+5
Bigs03
SOKO
chorky777
Andrew the Raider King
Wolfgangsta
9 posters

What champion will be champion again?
Tito Ortiz
What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again? Vote_lcap0%What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Rampage Jackson
What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again? Vote_lcap73%What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again? Vote_rcap
 73% [ 11 ]
Forrest Griffin
What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again? Vote_lcap0%What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Rashad Evans
What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again? Vote_lcap27%What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again? Vote_rcap
 27% [ 4 ]
Wanderlei Silva
 0% [ 0 ]
Randy Couture
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again? Empty
PostSubject: What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again?   What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 5:09 am

And why? Doesn't have to be in this weight class.

Rashad is the one who is still improving and has the athletic ability to match. Rashad can also cut to MW sometime in the future where other fighters can't. Rampage seems to have lost focus and isn't getting any younger, while Forrest seems some what exposed in his last two fights. Couture has a marginal chance since he may get a shot at the title at least with a win over Coleman. The sun may have set on Wanderlei Silva though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again?   What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 5:11 am

Hendo not included due to leaving the promotion and this poll is about the unified Pride/UFC title and the former champions.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again?   What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 5:56 am

I don't think Randy has much left in the gas tank physically. He can't even take most of these guys down anymore and that is a problem for him. Forrest is the only one I see who has enough room to improve and reclaim his title. After his last two fights, it is obvious Shad has a weakness and it has been exposed even more, even with the win. I grant he is a very talented fighter, but much like AA, when the chin gets exposed, everybody goes after it.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again?   What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

I chose Rashad because of his renewed faith in and use of his wrestling. But I was wondering why Vitor wasn't one of the options. I still would've picked Rashad, but Vitor would've been my second pick since he's already scheduled for a championship bout.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again?   What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:23 am

page or shad
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again?   What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 10:09 am

Rampage. I think he'll hold the belt before the end of 2010. If Shogun beats Machida my opinion might change.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again?   What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 10:52 am

I rolled with Page as I see him beating Rashad, but in all reality none of those guys will reclaim the belt. If Page beats Shad as I think he will, Machida is a horrible matchup for him. And Machida will keep his belt in the rematch vs. Shogun.

Watch out for Lil Nog
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again?   What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 10:54 am

I went with Rampage also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again?   What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 11:04 am

Sugar has the speed,wrestling and athletic ability to improve his game.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again?   What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 3:08 pm

I forgot Vitor. My mistake.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again?   What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 4:19 pm

Possible title holders in 2010 are Machida and Shogun. I don't think either will lose the belt this year after the winner of their rematch is decided.

*but I did vote Rampage.

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again?   What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 4:24 pm

I focused, in shape Rampage. But truly I don't think any of them will ever hold a belt again.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again?   What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again? Empty

Back to top Go down

What former LHW champion is most likely to be champion once again?
Page 1 of 1