Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division Empty
PostSubject: Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division   Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 2:48 am

BW-HW that either u want to see most or believe is between the best and 2nd best fighters in each division, and state if it's what u want to see or is simple 1 vs. 2

HW - Fedor (1) vs. Brock healthy (2) and that's what I'd want to see

LHW - Machida (1) vs. Shogun (2)

MW - Anderson (1) vs. Vitor (4) or maybe Mousasi, Nate and Hendo we're already beaten

WW - GSP (1) vs. {Fitch (2) vs. Thiago (3) winner against Kos (4) vs. Sheilds (5) winner} what else is there?

LW - BJ (1) vs. Aoki (2) even though I think BJ dominates and think some other LWs would beat Aoki but, he's number 2 so.....

FW - Aldo (1) vs. MTB (2) vs. Faber (3) winner

BW - Bowles (1) vs. Torres (2)
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division   Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 3:18 am

So Brock, Aoki, already scheduled fights and a bunch of rematches from the last year. Ya great thread dude.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division   Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 3:34 am

Bro those are the best fighters in their weight classes, that's the way it is, if Faber beat MTB then it setup a new fight, who else at WW beside Thiago, Kos and Fitch would even give GSP a fight? I figured ud have like Barnett vs. Fedor, some may have GSP vs. Anderson or Anderson vs. Machida ect....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division   Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 6:55 am

By the end of the year I hope these UFC title fights are booked-

HW - Fedor Emelianenko vs Brock Lesnar

LHW - Lyoto Machida vs Anderson Silva

MW - GSP vs Vitor Belfort

WW - BJ Penn vs Thiago Alves

LW - Jose Aldo vs Kenny Florian
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division   Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 2:28 pm

Easy...

Fedor v. Lesnar (No brainer)
Machida v. Mousasi (I think Mousasi gives every bit the challenge Rua did)
Anderson v. Khalidov (Well rounded beast) or Manhoef (Just to see the striking display)
GSP v. Diaz (I think Diaz's style makes an intriguing match-up)
BJ v. Aoki (Just to see BJ break Aoki's jaw and flip him off and lick the blood off his gloves while standing over his motionless body)
Aldo v. Faber (I think Faber beats Aldo down unless he gets caught being wreckless or breaks his hand on Aldo's forhead first. But it will be an epic fight)
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division   Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 2:36 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Easy...

Fedor v. Lesnar (No brainer)
Machida v. Mousasi (I think Mousasi gives every bit the challenge Rua did)
Anderson v. Khalidov (Well rounded beast) or Manhoef (Just to see the striking display)
GSP v. Diaz (I think Diaz's style makes an intriguing match-up)

BJ v. Aoki (Just to see BJ break Aoki's jaw and flip him off and lick the blood off his gloves while standing over his motionless body)
Aldo v. Faber (I think Faber beats Aldo down unless he gets caught being wreckless or breaks his hand on Aldo's forhead first. But it will be an epic fight)

The bolded are way, way off.

HW: Fedor vs Lesnar
LHW: Machida vs Anderson
MW: Anderson vs GSP
WW: GSP vs Kos
LW: Penn vs Aldo
FW: Aldo vs Faber

Yeah I like people jumping weight.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division   Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 2:45 pm

I get the weight jumping... But we have seen GSP v. Kos with a tentative GSP. I don't need to see part 2 with a confident and full speed GSP. GSP is a better wrestler and striker and is at least 100 times smarter fighter. For me Diaz's awkward standup and ground skills would be a very good match-up.

Now I'm not saying that either guy beats Anderson, but I would love to see the striking display with Melvin and I think Khalidov is waaaaaaay underrated and could give Anderson fits. I think you are way off on this one...
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division   Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 2:46 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
I get the weight jumping... But we have seen GSP v. Kos with a tentative GSP. I don't need to see part 2 with a confident and full speed GSP. GSP is a better wrestler and striker and is at least 100 times smarter fighter. For me Diaz's awkward standup and ground skills would be a very good match-up.

Now I'm not saying that either guy beats Anderson, but I would love to see the striking display with Melvin and I think Khalidov is waaaaaaay underrated and could give Anderson fits. I think you are way off on this one...

I think Kos has improved since then. Kos will at least not be on his back 90% of the time like Alves or Fitch. Plus Kos has speed and KO power. I really don't think there is anyone in the world that can make 170 and challenge GSP.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division   Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 2:54 pm

Yikes on LTFG's MW and WW picks
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division   Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 3:02 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:

Yikes on moving past fights we've seen or are already scheduled to think of fresh and interesting match-ups... Oh, okay...

Guess I could just write down a bunch of 1 v. 2's and not make any effort...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division   Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 3:03 pm

HW- Fedor vs Mir

LHW- Shogun(Champ in my eyes) vs Mousasi

MW- Anderson vs Hendo

WW- GSP vs Nick Diaz

LW- Penn vs Gomi

BW- Aldo vs Faber
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division   Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 3:05 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

Yikes on moving past fights we've seen or are already scheduled to think of fresh and interesting match-ups... Oh, okay...

Guess I could just write down a bunch of 1 v. 2's and not make any effort...

It has to be realistic though, like Mousasi vs. Anderson, ur really reaching with those picks
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division   Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 3:42 pm

Realistic by whose standards? Both are ranked in the top-10 on most legitimate sheets and would pose interesting match-ups... What's wrong with that? I mean it's not as if every title fight is #1 v. #2, and Anderson and GSP have cleared out all of the top contenders. Personally, I'm okay with a fight versus a Cote or Serra if I know the match-up is interesting and the opponent isn't going down in 8 seconds. Diaz lays down for no one and his style would definitely make for a very good fight for GSP. And if you aren't educated on Khalidov's game, you need to do some homework. He is skilled as hell and very well rounded, and the only reason he isn't closer to a top-5 than a top-10 is where he fights. Anderson wouldn't Irvin him and that much I can guarantee...

The only yikes here is the OP creating a thread and criticizing others for thinking outside the box and not going with fights that have already happened or are already scheduled...
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division   Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 3:59 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Realistic by whose standards? Both are ranked in the top-10 on most legitimate sheets and would pose interesting match-ups... What's wrong with that? I mean it's not as if every title fight is #1 v. #2, and Anderson and GSP have cleared out all of the top contenders. Personally, I'm okay with a fight versus a Cote or Serra if I know the match-up is interesting and the opponent isn't going down in 8 seconds. Diaz lays down for no one and his style would definitely make for a very good fight for GSP. And if you aren't educated on Khalidov's game, you need to do some homework. He is skilled as hell and very well rounded, and the only reason he isn't closer to a top-5 than a top-10 is where he fights. Anderson wouldn't Irvin him and that much I can guarantee...

The only yikes here is the OP creating a thread and criticizing others for thinking outside the box and not going with fights that have already happened or are already scheduled...

First off, last I checked message boards are for discussion and therefore arguments, so when someone posts something ridiculous, it's will recieve an argument, it's natural bro.

But these Title fights are for the World Championship, two guys that are not even the 5th best in their divisions are fighting for the World Title in their weight class?

While I do have Mamed in my top 10, his best win is against who, Jorge Santiago? whether fights have happened already or not, he wouldn't beat 6-7 guys in front of him, let alone Anderson.

And Nick historically has had tons of trouble with wresters, a fight with GSP would be a masacre, and ranked in the top 10 WWs? I still don't get why people think that, he hasn't had a win at WW since? and wins over C level fighters like Smith and Shamrock fail to impress me, and especially think he'd have a chance vs. GSP.

Those fights may have happened, but those fighters are simply better plain and simple
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division   Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 4:32 pm

LA, the only thing ridiculous here is you starting a thread where you implicitly state that, "BW-HW that either u want to see most or believe is between the best and 2nd best fighters in each division, and state if it's what u want to see or is simple 1 vs. 2", then criticize when someone replies with something that you obviously weren't prepared for, yet complies with your criteria.

I stated a couple of fights that I want to see aside from sequels or scheduled fights and gave reasoning as per your request, and for some reason you felt the need to give a yikes because you "think" they are ridiculous... If you wanted everyone to put down a 1 v. 2, just say so. If you want everyone to put down fights we have already seen or are already scheduled, just say so. You chose to take the easy route and I chose to actually think about it... That's really the only difference.

In my opinion, aside from fights that are currently scheduled or have already happened, those are the match-ups that I find most interesting. I wouldn't have a problem with your angle if you had taken my approach (No sequels or current match-ups) in your response and given fighters that you think would be better match-ups rather than just suggesting mine are ridiculous...

I mean it's not as if I came in and gave a yikes and said that I think starting a thread about matching up fighters where the OP is so simple that he has to go with the obvious 1 v. 2 match-ups is ridiculous...

Are we good now?... I still love ya kiddo... Give me a hug... Wink
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division   Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 4:45 pm

Didn't expect such ridiculous fights, but if that's what u want to see, to each his own.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division   Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 6:36 pm

Everyone make fun of LTFG for having some opinions not exactly what everyone else already thinks.

LTFG, mirror sherdog rankings, take the guys already trashed by the champion just below them, set up a boring rematch, suggest other fights that will never ever happen ever but regardless, have been discussed ad nausaum 100 times already and wala, no one will bash you. No need infusing any new blood or giving any prospects a chance, that would be stupid.

(notes - Anderson Silva wasn't close to number 2 MW before Franklin, Brock wasn't a top 20 HW when given their shots)
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division   Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division Empty

Back to top Go down

Setup the World Champion Title fights in every division
Page 1 of 1