Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bad Sign for Lesnar return

Go down 
+3
LA
NoRegret
oggy420
7 posters
AuthorMessage
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Bad Sign for Lesnar return Empty
PostSubject: Bad Sign for Lesnar return   Bad Sign for Lesnar return EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 7:10 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/1/7/1239161/dana-whites-no-comment-on-brock

Share Dana White's "No Comment" on Brock Lesnar Is an Ominous Sign
by Kid Nate on Jan 7, 2010 5:58 PM EST in News 1 comment

Mike Chiappetta talks to the boss man of the UFC about the Brock Lesnar situation:

UFC President Dana White, when reached via text, said he could not comment on anything regarding the champion's health and re-evaluation.

"Brock asked me not to talk about it," he said. "I have to respect that."

When asked if he could make any statement at all about Lesnar, White was again uncharacteristically silent.

"No comment," he said. "First time in nine years I have ever said that."

I don't take this as a good sign.

Here's the reality of the situation. The UFC has hitched its wagon to Lesnar. He was the dominant PPV attraction for the UFC in 2008 when he fought on three cards. In 2009 when he only fought once he was still their #3 drawing performer.

More importantly Lesnar had emerged as the fearsome and charismatic undisputed heavyweight champion that has long eluded the UFC.

And the fact that Dana White is stepping lightly shows just how delicate this situation is. It's not just a matter of Lesnar's physical state. Lesnar has a long track record of walking away from successful runs with pro-wrestling promotions and leaving everyone hanging. As Zach Arnold wrote back in November:

Lesnar is known for being successful at one thing and then decided to quit and move on. He gets bored, he gets disinterested, and he always needs a new challenge.

Which is why the news of Lesnar taking significant time off should make people in UFC very nervous. ...

That's what happens when you put all of your eggs into his basket. He sells millions of PPV buys and is a huge name. He will always have a fan base with him no matter where he goes, which is why Brock Lesnar is doubly dangerous for any promoter to book long-term. Even when he has a legitimate reason for not showing up (like an illness), it always creeps up in the back of your head about whether or not he has any loyalty left to you or is interested in continuing doing what he is doing at the current time.

Lesnar may very well be struggling with a serious illness, but when a guy with only a financial interest in fighting has just made a few million in the last two years you have to think that he's very aware that he doesn't have to return to the Octagon if he doesn't want to or isn't feeling 100%.

The most frustrating thing for the UFC is that without a chance for any of their top heavyweight prospects -- Shane Carwin, Cain Velasquez, Junior Dos Santos -- to face off against Lesnar, none of them will be able to build an aura of ferociousness that will have fans questioning whether or not they could beat Fedor.

This only makes Fedor Emelianenko all the more valuable and makes Dana White's failure to sign him all the more galling for the UFC.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Bad Sign for Lesnar return   Bad Sign for Lesnar return EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 7:15 pm

Good, maybe he can go back to his fake wrestling career and make millions off of fake trash talking and makin a check outta doin SHIT.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bad Sign for Lesnar return   Bad Sign for Lesnar return EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 7:22 pm

From a recent post on Brock Lesnar's official Facebook page:

NEW UPDATE!! Brock has had more problems (we can't say what they are) and he could be out all of this year if things don't get better. Brock wants to thank all of his fans for their support and for the nice messages so thanks guys.

Though we've yet to see the official update that we were promised this week, let this be your advance warning that Lesnar won't be returning this summer.

http://www.cagepotato.com/ufc-rumorwatch-lesnars-condition-not-improving-next-opponents-penn-and-daley
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Bad Sign for Lesnar return   Bad Sign for Lesnar return EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:15 pm

Brock has secretly been training this whole time
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Bad Sign for Lesnar return   Bad Sign for Lesnar return EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:20 pm

That terrible news for us Brock fans and the worst part is Frank Mir will be champ again after the Carwin fight.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Bad Sign for Lesnar return   Bad Sign for Lesnar return EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:22 pm

timthebim wrote:
That terrible news for us Brock fans and the worst part is Frank Mir will be champ again after the Carwin fight.

It is Okay JDS will take it from him after Nog fails to do so.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Bad Sign for Lesnar return   Bad Sign for Lesnar return EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:24 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
timthebim wrote:

It is Okay JDS will take it from him after Nog fails to do so.

I hope ur right.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Bad Sign for Lesnar return   Bad Sign for Lesnar return EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:52 pm

Mir is def one of the top ten guys I don't see JDS (fixed)beating that easily.

I really hope Brock comes back healthy this year. If not I'll never hear the end of it from assclowns who think barely outwrestling a 50 year old man and beating on a guy the now released, LHW, Jake O'brien also beat makes him the best fighter ever. How do people even think that? Strange how the appearance of size and strength influences people even in the face of all kinds of data otherwise.

Similar in some ways to why churches are over flowing with dipshits on Sunday dispite the fact evolution is all but proven, the origins of Christianity from earlier myths going all the way back to the origins of Judism have been figured out, and half the shit in the Bible has been proven to be a joke.

Last edited by Wolfgangsta on Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Bad Sign for Lesnar return   Bad Sign for Lesnar return EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:56 pm

Look at wolfy just trying to start an internet fight. You fail again.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Bad Sign for Lesnar return   Bad Sign for Lesnar return EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:01 am

Ease up on the "you fail" stuff, you're moving from flea status into 2004 anime-nerd forum status. This ain't 4chan.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Bad Sign for Lesnar return   Bad Sign for Lesnar return EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:35 am

He dominated mir and u act like that isnt a big win wolf. Even after Mir destroyed ur boy Nog with ease. Mir will now beat Carwin and in a rematch would beat nog again. So Brocks win over Mir was legit and as for the Randy win he was the champ. Brock had to beat him and alot of people still picked Randy to win and after Brock KOed his ass every1 talked about how old he was. Brock is (before injury) the top heavy weight in the UFC like it or not.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Bad Sign for Lesnar return   Bad Sign for Lesnar return EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:54 am

I'm really not buying it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Bad Sign for Lesnar return   Bad Sign for Lesnar return EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:24 am

jesus, I mean to say Mir would have trouble with JDS. Fuck, corrected it once and still got it wrong.

Tim, you know where I stand on Brock and his easy road to the title and his ranking. I think both he and Mir are both tremendously lucky and not as good as advertised at all, but I don't care to argue anymore(I do think the bigger, better striker Mir is more dangerous than he used to be).

I won't change my opinion no matter how many diseased senior citizens with blown knees those two beat or how many times they beat each other.

Like I said, Brock is a legit HW, but I have never been sold on the best in the UFC. Hasn't faced enough guys yet who can really test him.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Bad Sign for Lesnar return   Bad Sign for Lesnar return EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:26 am

Yeah i think me and u have argued this point enough lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad Sign for Lesnar return   Bad Sign for Lesnar return Empty

Back to top Go down

Bad Sign for Lesnar return
Page 1 of 1