Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shinya Aoki offers an explanation for his behaviour at Dynamite!! 2009

Go down 
+3
Ninja
Farmer1906
Primetyme199
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Shinya Aoki offers an explanation for his behaviour at Dynamite!! 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Shinya Aoki offers an explanation for his behaviour at Dynamite!! 2009   Shinya Aoki offers an explanation for his behaviour at Dynamite!! 2009 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 3:39 pm

DREAM lightweight champion, Shinya Aoki has offered an explanation for the disgraceful behaviour following his bone-breaking win over Sengoku champ, Mizuto Hirota, saying he was hyped up following a conversation with the promotions event producer.

Speaking to Sherdog.com, Aoki said:

“After my fight, I was excited, and so I did something rude that I should apologize for. But that showed just how excited I was over that fight.... When I had his arm behind his back, I could feel it popping. I thought, 'Well, this guy's pride just won't let him tap, will it?' So without hesitation, I broke it. I heard it break, and I thought, ‘Ah, there, I just broke it.’ I was stopped afterward, but even if I hadn't been, continuing to break it more would have been fine by me.”

“When [DREAM's event producer Keiichi] Sasahara tells me to go and do something, I do it, and that's how I live my life. If Sasahara tells me to go to Strikeforce and take them out or ‘Go and kill that guy,’ I’m going to do it. Even if he tells me to go take out [FEG executive Sadaharu] Tanigawa, I’d do that too. I received a challenge from [Tatsuya Kawajiri], and so without telling him to shut the [expletive] up, I accept the challenge and look forward to our fight.”

There have been further calls to see the talented Japanese grappler travel to the United States to compete against the best either the UFC or Strikeforce have to offer. With the “special relationship” that exists between DREAM and Strikeforce that seems to be the most likely option… but you just never know.

By Michael Pepper.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Shinya Aoki offers an explanation for his behaviour at Dynamite!! 2009   Shinya Aoki offers an explanation for his behaviour at Dynamite!! 2009 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 4:25 pm

I officially hate Aoki
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Shinya Aoki offers an explanation for his behaviour at Dynamite!! 2009   Shinya Aoki offers an explanation for his behaviour at Dynamite!! 2009 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 4:27 pm

Do Brock fans like Aoki? How about it Raider?
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Shinya Aoki offers an explanation for his behaviour at Dynamite!! 2009   Shinya Aoki offers an explanation for his behaviour at Dynamite!! 2009 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 9:30 pm

I don't hate him, I think he's good.
Back to top Go down
thessy11
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Shinya Aoki offers an explanation for his behaviour at Dynamite!! 2009   Shinya Aoki offers an explanation for his behaviour at Dynamite!! 2009 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 10:04 pm

Bigs03 wrote:

Is his being good the reason you don't hate him or are those two distinct thoughts?

I hate him, but I still think he's good (though I think no less than 5 UFC LW's would destroy him).
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Shinya Aoki offers an explanation for his behaviour at Dynamite!! 2009   Shinya Aoki offers an explanation for his behaviour at Dynamite!! 2009 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:16 am

thessy11 wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:

Is his being good the reason you don't hate him or are those two distinct thoughts?

I hate him, but I still think he's good (though I think no less than 5 UFC LW's would destroy him).

I don't hate him because he's good. There are guys who are good that I do hate but Aoki hasn't done anything to make me hate him. He was pumped that he just subbed the dude and gave him the bird. I don't know, maybe I'd hate him if he came here but I don't keep up with his interviews and things like that much. Judging by his fights alone, I like him.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Shinya Aoki offers an explanation for his behaviour at Dynamite!! 2009   Shinya Aoki offers an explanation for his behaviour at Dynamite!! 2009 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:45 am

No excuse to do what he did. Maybe it was in the heat of the moment, and he could be forgiven for that a little. But he's been on the mat, sleeping, and no one's done that kind of shit to him. Just classless behavior.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Shinya Aoki offers an explanation for his behaviour at Dynamite!! 2009   Shinya Aoki offers an explanation for his behaviour at Dynamite!! 2009 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:23 am

There is only one UFC LW good enough in takedown defense to prevent him from just pulling guard and ripping someone's shoulder off. BJ Penn.

Everyone else is destroyed. Here is one Japanese fighter I'd pick to do well in America.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shinya Aoki offers an explanation for his behaviour at Dynamite!! 2009   Shinya Aoki offers an explanation for his behaviour at Dynamite!! 2009 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shinya Aoki offers an explanation for his behaviour at Dynamite!! 2009
Page 1 of 1