Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sponsor blasts UFC for conduct double-standard, offers $5k reward for Ronda Rousey knockout

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hitman
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Sponsor blasts UFC for conduct double-standard, offers $5k reward for Ronda Rousey knockout Empty
PostSubject: Sponsor blasts UFC for conduct double-standard, offers $5k reward for Ronda Rousey knockout   Sponsor blasts UFC for conduct double-standard, offers $5k reward for Ronda Rousey knockout EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 5:10 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/4/21/5636616/sponsor-blasts-ufc-conduct-double-standard-offers-5k-reward-ronda-rousey-ko-mma

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) women's bantamweight titleholder Ronda Rousey unloaded on her Brazilian nemesis, Cristiane Justino, in a recent interview with Yahoo! Sports, calling the former Strikeforce featherweight queenpin an "it" after years of alleged steroid abuse left her unrecognizable as a woman.

Her take:

"I've said before, I don't care if she's injecting horse semen into her eyeballs, I'll fight her, but that's just my personal decision. But I can't make a decision for the whole division. I can't say it's the right thing. This girl has been on steroids for so long and [has been] injecting herself for so long that she's not even a woman anymore. She's an 'it.' It's not good for the women's division. It's not good at all. If she comes in the UFC and I beat the [expletive] out of her and then I retire and become an action movie star, then the UFC is still going to be stuck with her. The division could die. She could ruin the whole sport. Even though it's a fight a lot of people want to see, even if I beat the living crap out of her, it won't be good for the sport because then she'd still be in the UFC."

Justino previously failed a drug test for stanozolol metabolites back in 2012.

But whether or not Rousey's language violates the UFC code of conduct (read it here) is up to the promotion; however, longtime mixed martial arts (MMA) sponsor and staunch supporter of women's fighting, Americana MMA, fails to see the difference between "Rowdy's" remarks and those made by Matt Mitrione.

From the Americana MMA Facebook page:

Matt Mitrione calls Fallon Fox a freak; Matt Brown says that WMMA would be more exciting if women fought topless; both fighters are reprimanded. Ronda Rousey states that Cyborg is not a woman but more of an 'it,' and nothing happens. I make a stink about it and you fanboys and fangirls attack me? Fuck you sheep. That's what you are.

Mitrione was fined and suspended for his "offensive" tirade (more on that here).

Ironically, Rousey had her own take on the Fallon Fox situation (read it here), but was not penalized for her opinion. Then came her latest attack on "Cyborg," which prompted Americana MMA owner Peter Giannoulis to take matters into his own hands:

Americana @americanamma
Follow

Americana will give $5k to the first fighter that knocks out Ronda Rousey.
4:02 AM - 20 Apr 2014

Giannoulis, however, does not want street justice and cautions his followers that said reward is a knockout bonus for a sanctioned fighter inside the Octagon, like UFC 175 opponent Alexis Davis, and not a payday for a cash-strapped thug looking to make a quick buck.

His warning:

I really can't believe that some people are stupid enough to think that we placed a bounty on Ronda Rousey and that any random person can physically harm her to win $5K. Let's make this clear for those of you that don't understand. The offer was made for a professionally sanctioned fight between professional fighters; be it Alexis Davis, Cat Zingano or anybody else scheduled to fight her in the future. We don't condone random acts of violence so put your bats away. Fuckin' hell.

Personal bonuses are nothing new in MMA.

Neither UFC nor Rousey have issued a response to the bounty, or the Justino remarks, but I have a feeling we haven't heard the last of this story.

Stay tuned.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Sponsor blasts UFC for conduct double-standard, offers $5k reward for Ronda Rousey knockout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sponsor blasts UFC for conduct double-standard, offers $5k reward for Ronda Rousey knockout   Sponsor blasts UFC for conduct double-standard, offers $5k reward for Ronda Rousey knockout EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 8:14 am

I cant wait for Cyborg or Cat to get a hold of Rhonda.
Back to top Go down

Sponsor blasts UFC for conduct double-standard, offers $5k reward for Ronda Rousey knockout
Page 1 of 1