Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks

Go down 
+5
cheekynffc
OU
timthebim
Hitman
GDPofDRC
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks   UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 1:19 am

That was a great fight. I thought the 1st round was much closer then Rogan was saying. I guess Johny edged it but it was a pretty even round to me. I think it could have been scored a draw. If the scoring system was better it probably should have been. Entertaining fight though. Robbie had the most dominating round of the fight.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks   UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 6:11 am

Crosby scored a 10-8 second round for Hendricks and a 10-10 fifth round.
Back to top Go down
Hitman
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks   UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 8:14 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Just wanted to drop in and let you guys know I'm watching Spy Kids for the 25th time right now.  Hope you guys are watching the fights and enjoying yourselves. I hate you all.

LMFAO, love ya beast.
Back to top Go down
Hitman
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks   UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 8:16 am

OU wrote:
That was a great fight. I thought the 1st round was much closer then Rogan was saying. I guess Johny edged it but it was a pretty even round to me. I think it could have been scored a draw. If the scoring system was better it probably should have been. Entertaining fight though. Robbie had the most dominating round of the fight.

Round 1 was 10-9.5 Hendricks. It was super close.
Back to top Go down
Hitman
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks   UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 8:17 am

Hendricks vs Lombard will be awesome. Both need to improve their stamina.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks   UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 8:25 am

good main event.

whilst i agreed with the 48-47 scorecards, i also noticed hendricks didn't bitch one bit when a very close fight was awarded his way.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks   UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 9:18 am

cheekynffc wrote:
good main event.

whilst i agreed with the 48-47 scorecards, i also noticed hendricks didn't bitch one bit when a very close fight was awarded his way.

I wanted Lawler to use a Hendricks quote after the fight. Look at my face and look at his, who won the fight. LMFAO.
Back to top Go down
Hitman
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks   UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 12:31 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:
good main event.

I wanted Lawler to use a Hendricks quote after the fight. Look at my face and look at his, who won the fight. LMFAO.

That would've been fucking awesome!
Back to top Go down
Hitman
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks   UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 12:32 pm

The Hendricks-Lawler fight reminded me a bit about Machida-Rua 1.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks   UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 12:36 pm

Hitman wrote:
OU wrote:

Round 1 was 10-9.5 Hendricks. It was super close.
Yeah it was very close IMO, like 10-9.8. Not really enough of a difference that one person should be awarded the round over the other really IMO. I'd have to watch it again to see if I felt any different.
I think if you ignore round by round scoring and just score the fight as a whole it's probably a draw. Robbie had the biggest moments of the fight. I knew under the current system it would be scored just like it was. But that doesn't mean I really feel Johny "won" the fight.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks   UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 1:20 pm

Pretty close fight. I agreed with Joe and thought whoever won the 5th would get the belt. Tough loss for Lawler, but sometimes you gotta take a dive for the company
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks   UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 1:49 pm

OU wrote:

I agree, I was thinking Robbie won the first.

Rogan was glaringly bad last night in a few fights.  I don't know if he's lost it or he has a script he needs to follow, but I'm about finished with the guy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks   UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 9:05 pm

Awesome title fight. Those motherfuckers fought in a phone booth for about 95% of those 25 minutes which is almost as surprising as Hunt/Bigfoot going the distance with Hendricks and Lawler both being premier one-punchers in the division. I agreed with the decision, but it was a close fight overall. First round is really the only round with any question to it, but even there I thought Hendricks was more varied in his attack, controlled the pace of the round, and initiated most of the action.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks   UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 171: Lawler vs Hendricks
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3