Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bones denies Cormiers request

Go down 
+4
acccardinal12
Cu Bu
bronzehole
timthebim
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hitman
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Bones denies Cormiers request - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bones denies Cormiers request   Bones denies Cormiers request - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 8:30 pm

I can't believe people think Glover stands a chance.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Bones denies Cormiers request   Bones denies Cormiers request - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 8:52 pm

Glover does have a prayer punch of a chance. That's it though. I don't think he makes it to the end of round 2 myself.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Bones denies Cormiers request   Bones denies Cormiers request - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 10:29 pm

Should be fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Bones denies Cormiers request   Bones denies Cormiers request - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 2:16 am

Glover would be a true favorite against most Jones career opponents and fully live against the handful of fighters that make up Jones best wins.   The guy is durable enough to swing threw trades and always be leathel, a more powerful refined puncher then Jones.  He's bigger then Jones, also someone at 205 who for a long time has not been out powered or grappled off of his feet, he's generally the one who is always doing the out grappling and overpowering.  He's also every bit the proven mma fight finisher Jones is or just about anybody in the sport both on the feet and on the ground.  I think it's a great title showdown, Jones has his athletic advantages and unique and successful offensive maneuvers along with consistently sound game planning.  It could be quick, but for either guy.  I plan on betting Glover, the lines and Glover's style will make it worth it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Bones denies Cormiers request   Bones denies Cormiers request - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 7:12 am

I haven't seen a line yet for the fight but I'm thinking -500 in favor of John jones.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Bones denies Cormiers request   Bones denies Cormiers request - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 11:08 am

Hitman wrote:
I can't believe people think Glover stands a chance.
It's because you care far too much about subjective rankings and not enough about actual in the cage skills. You may not be impressed by extened runs by guys like Barao and Glover because they didn't happen against names you are familiar with. But winning and finishing that many fights in a row is far more difficult then you like to give them credit for. Especially in MMA where 1 clean strike can end it at any moment. One slip on the ground, one off night, sometimes you just get unlucky, to avoid those kind of mistakes for an extended time and dominate in the process is far more difficult then you give credit for.
Glover has great power, great grappling and is very experienced. This guy didn't just pop up out of nowhere. He should have been in the UFC a long time ago and would have been if it wasn't for visa issues.
Back to top Go down
Hitman
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bones denies Cormiers request   Bones denies Cormiers request - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 11:19 am

When the fuck have I ever said anything bad about Barao? I think he's a beast and actually have him at 5 on my P4P list.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Bones denies Cormiers request   Bones denies Cormiers request - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 12:33 pm

Hitman wrote:
When the fuck have I ever said anything bad about Barao? I think he's a beast and actually have him at 5 on my P4P list.
Obviously he is the Champion now with a handful of UFC fights under his belt, I was referring to his winning streak when he came to the UFC as an example of the kind of things you show no appreciation for. Funny how that was the part of the post you chose to focus on while ignoring the point of the message.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Bones denies Cormiers request   Bones denies Cormiers request - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 7:08 pm

That was an awesome post OU lol
Back to top Go down
Hitman
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bones denies Cormiers request   Bones denies Cormiers request - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 8:37 pm

I have never downplayed Barao.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Bones denies Cormiers request   Bones denies Cormiers request - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 8:51 pm

Jones is -650, Glover is +475 right now
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Bones denies Cormiers request   Bones denies Cormiers request - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:51 pm

Damn even alittle higher than I thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bones denies Cormiers request   Bones denies Cormiers request - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bones denies Cormiers request
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2