Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
taylorfleig
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
taylorfleig

Favorite Fighter(s) : boxing-Paul Williams, Deontay Wilder, Tavoris Cloud, mma-Rampage & Brett rogers

Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut Empty
PostSubject: Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut   Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 5:56 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?page=boxing/schedule/index

I knew noting about this. Apparently he will fight on fnf on Jan. 8

Last edited by taylorfleig on Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut   Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 6:09 pm

I cant wait to see what he has in the ring. He's looked damn good in k-1 before. I just hope it doesn't hurt or take away from his MMA career.
Back to top Go down
taylorfleig
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
taylorfleig

Favorite Fighter(s) : boxing-Paul Williams, Deontay Wilder, Tavoris Cloud, mma-Rampage & Brett rogers

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut   Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 6:10 pm

It would be pretty cool to see him be successful at both.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut   Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 2:55 am

I really don't think he would have fights a week apart. He is set to face Gary Goodridge on the Dream New Years show in a K1 match.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut   Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 3:02 am

Ya but fighting Gary at this stage doesn't count as a real fight. Matt Serra in a k1 fight is more dangerous at this point. Gary will be one of the poster children for combat sport brain damage in the near future I fear. A squirrel and an acorn are serious threats for a concussion at a picknick. Gregard KO's him in under two minutes and takes no damage at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut   Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 3:06 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ya but fighting Gary at this stage doesn't count as a real fight. Matt Serra in a k1 fight is more dangerous at this point. Gary will be one of the poster children for combat sport brain damage in the near future I fear. A squirrel and an acorn are serious threats for a concussion at a picknick. Gregard KO's him in under two minutes and takes no damage at all.

I agree with what you are saying, but still it's a risk. What if he breaks a thumb or something punching Gary's face?
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut   Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 2:49 pm

January 8
At Glendale, Calif. (ESPN2): Gegard Mousasi vs. TBA, 4 rounds, heavyweights;

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?page=boxing/schedule/index

Is it really the same Mousasi ?
Back to top Go down
taylorfleig
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
taylorfleig

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut   Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 4:10 pm

Its spelled the same. According to boxrec he is from the Netherlands as well.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=522974&cat=boxer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut   Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 4:15 pm

Wow I'll definitely have to catch that.

Can you remind me the week before it's on please Taylor ?
Back to top Go down
taylorfleig
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
taylorfleig

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut   Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 5:11 pm

yeah ill probably post a thread about in on the espn board
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut   Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 6:00 pm

Hmmm.... Mousasi has said he wanted to box on Sho. This is on ESPN2. I wonder if SF or Sho would let this happen.
Back to top Go down
taylorfleig
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
taylorfleig

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut   Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 6:13 pm

I doubt SHO wants a fight with him fighting a can. Im sure they want at least a somewhat credible opponent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut   Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 7:50 pm

taylorfleig wrote:
yeah ill probably post a thread about in on the espn board

Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut   Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 7:51 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Hmmm.... Mousasi has said he wanted to box on Sho. This is on ESPN2. I wonder if SF or Sho would let this happen.

It's possible for Mousasi to box on "The New Generation"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut   Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut Empty

Back to top Go down

Gegard Mousasi to make boxing debut
Page 1 of 1