Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE

Go down 
+2
OU
GDPofDRC
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE Empty
PostSubject: Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE   Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 3:22 pm

http://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/toughest-professional-fighters-in-history?utm_source=crowdignite.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=crowdignite.com&fb_source=message

The Toughest Professional Fighters in History?

The Round Mound  original ranker

128,880 views 122 items 115 followers 78reranks

The toughest professional fighters in history include some of the fiercest and bravest boxers, MMA fighters and even wrestlers who proved their strength and perseverance time and time again. These tough men are the types you'd love to have behind you in a dark alley or a bar fight as well as the men who entertain us on pay-per-view fights in the ring and the octagon. We can argue all day about the best boxers, MMA fighters and wrestlers, but which professional fighter is the toughest of them all? You tell us folks by voting on your favorite and adding other tough guys below!

Despite also being known for their silly UFC fighter nicknames, for the skill required to compete and the level of danger of the sport, a great argument can be made that mixed martial arts fighters are some of the toughest pro fighters around. Anderson Silva, Fedor Emelianenko, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Dan Henderson and the great Chuck Liddell all lead that pack as some of the toughest MMA fighters.

Others would argue that boxers are the toughest fighters in history with the likes of Ukrainian heavyweight Wladimir Klitschko, the great welterweight Micky Ward, top puncher Earnie Shavers and even Mike Tyson favorites in the boxing world as some of the toughest to enter the ring. Sure some of the best boxers of all time are not on that list but remember, this is about the toughest fighters, not necessarily the best.

The argument continues as professional wrestlers are added to the mix despite being more entertainers than athletes. Regardless, they are required to be pretty darn tough to do their jobs. Stone Cold Steve Austin, Terry Funk and Mike Foley are just a sampling of the WWF/WWE wrestlers that did just that.

Each of these professional fighters dealt with different challenges and opponents as they competed in their respective sports. All of these pro fighters proved their toughness time and time again. To get knocked down once and get back in that ring takes a whole lot of courage and these fighters did that over and over throughout their careers. If that isn't a measure of toughness, I'm not sure what is.

Tags: sports, boxers, people in sports, athletes, ufc, mma, wrestlers, boxing, best athletes, mixed martial arts, fighters, toughest, mma fighters, ultimate fighting

List Criteria: Professional boxers, wrestlers, and MMA fighters
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE   Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 3:38 pm

Seeing the WWE guys reminds me I watched a documentary on Stone Cold on Netflix the other day, was pretty good stuff. I enjoy hearing all the real stories behind the story lines.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE   Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 3:42 pm

OU wrote:
Seeing the WWE guys reminds me I watched a documentary on Stone Cold on Netflix the other day, was pretty good stuff. I enjoy hearing all the real stories behind the story lines.

Shoot interviews have given pro wrestling whole new life to me the past year. Pro Wrestling died some years ago, the current stuff is a whole different type of entertainment then what got it there to begin with, but there are some great story tellers out there with tales that interest me of behind the scenes stuff about the biz. Jim Cornette has tons of great stuff.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE   Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 4:40 pm

no idea how to answer this.

i remember seeing some old footage of a jack dempsey fight where he pummelled some guy and knocked him down about 12 times in a round. i couldn't believe how many times that guy got back up, he was one hard bastard.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE   Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 5:08 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:

Shoot interviews have given pro wrestling whole new life to me the past year.  Pro Wrestling died some years ago, the current stuff is a whole different type of entertainment then what got it there to begin with, but there are some great story tellers out there with tales that interest me of behind the scenes stuff about the biz.  Jim Cornette has tons of great stuff.

Yeah I remember seeing The Voice vs Hogan and there was some interesting stuff in there as well. I have heard Stone Cold on the radio a few times and he just seems like a cool guy and that is what got me interested in the documentary. He had a ton of respect for The Rock, another guy I wouldn't mind seeing a documentary on. Mick Foley is always great as well. I don't know any of the current guys really and even watching the Stone Cold documentary I had no idea he stayed on with the WWE after retiring from wrestling to do some light hearted gimmicks.
Also there was an interesting part where Stone Cold refused to take a match where he was suppose to lose to Lesnar and had a bit of a falling out with Vince, although they did makeup. I wasn't watching anymore at that point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE   Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 9:55 pm

Stone Cold was told he has to lose on Raw to Brock Lesnar. Stone Cold said that's stupid and no point. He said if they built it up and had it main event a PPV he would lose. The WWE refused.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE   Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 11:15 pm

Mick Foley should win this hands down. I remember being a kid when he was Cactus Jack, getting the shit kicked out of him in Louisville Gardens. That dude should be retarded now days. Terry Funk, Carlos Colon, and Abdullah The Butcher couldn't hold his jock!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE   Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 10:20 am

freakzilla wrote:
Stone Cold was told he has to lose on Raw to Brock Lesnar. Stone Cold said that's stupid and no point. He said if they built it up and had it main event a PPV he would lose. The WWE refused.

Yeah that's what he said in that documentary. He thought it was stupid they wanted it on short notice when they could have made a lot more money off it if they built it up. I had no idea Stone Cold and Brock's careers even overlapped.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE   Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 10:41 am

It was in the final year basically of Austin's career. I agree with Austin on the issue.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE   Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 12:29 pm

Mark Hunt has to be somewhere on the list. I have never seen anyone just straight up walk through and eat as many flush shots as he has. How many times in K1 or MMA did he just put his hands down and let his opponent tee off on his chin without getting wobbled?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE   Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 1:10 pm

Mark is on the first page no doubt
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE   Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 1:25 pm

Yeah Mark is a great call.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE   Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 1:30 pm

I like the list a lot they way it stack out with MMA and Boxing, of course because MMA is at the top. But the order of it all isn't too bad overall.
Back to top Go down
thessy11
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE   Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 2:34 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Mick Foley should win this hands down. I remember being a kid when he was Cactus Jack, getting the shit kicked out of him in Louisville Gardens. That dude should be retarded now days. Terry Funk, Carlos Colon, and Abdullah The Butcher couldn't hold his jock!

It will end up being too much of a popularity contest for Mick Foley to have any chance, but I concur completely.  He's also a super nice guy.  I've met him numerous times.  

Mick Foley Wiki Excerpt:
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE   Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 1:24 pm

Faber fighting with 2 broke hands 1 fight and zombie leg in another.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE   Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE Empty

Back to top Go down

Who is the toughest professional fighter in history? VOTE
Page 1 of 1