Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Top 5 Quaterbacks ever?

Go down 
+3
GDPofDRC
josh200612
OU
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Top 5 Quaterbacks ever? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Quaterbacks ever?   Top 5 Quaterbacks ever? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 1:25 pm

Put aside any award talk, how you play is what makes you great, Rogers is the best QB in the NFL not because of any rings he does or doesn't have, because of how he plays QB.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Quaterbacks ever?   Top 5 Quaterbacks ever? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 1:46 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Put aside any award talk, how you play is what makes you great, Rogers is the best QB in the NFL not because of any rings he does or doesn't have, because of how he plays QB.  

I think 2 years ago he looked like the best QB in the NFL. But I think he has been outperformed at that position the last 2 years, granted this year he missed too much time to really be in the best QB discussion. But I don't see anything on the field that suggest he is currently better then Peyton or Drew.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Quaterbacks ever?   Top 5 Quaterbacks ever? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 1:51 pm

He really has though when you consider how inferior his surrounding personal are compared to who those teams have to utilize. He made much more out of less then what most others would be able to do because he's the best QB in the league.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Quaterbacks ever?   Top 5 Quaterbacks ever? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 2:03 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
He really has though when you consider how inferior his surrounding personal are compared to who those teams have to utilize.  He made much more out of less then what most others would be able to do because he's the best QB in the league.

I agree Aaron has less to work with then those guys at the moment but I really don't see him doing anything that I would consider to be superior to the guys I already named. We are talking about some great QBs though that are playing the position at a very high level. But I don't see Aaron making any throws or commanding the game any better then Peyton or Drew at the moment.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Quaterbacks ever?   Top 5 Quaterbacks ever? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 2:18 pm

They are playing great and producing more, because they collectively as a team are able to.  Peyton has the Thomas/Thomas, Decker, Welker domination while his offensive line was the best in the league allowing the least amount of sacs this season.  The personal they have on offense, not just Manning, is the best in the NFL.  Brees Also is surrounded by great offensive players and even better play making receiving the Broncos, but a less talented line.  But when it comes to which teams have better players catching the ball and blocking for the quarterback, there is no question the Packers are significantly less talented then the Saints or Broncos.  Give Rodgers the best receivers and blockers in the game and see what happens, he's already lead that team to championship with defensive turnovers being the Packers only other positive aspect of their game after his play.  These sub .500 Packer teams keep getting to the post season because of the higher level of talent that their most important player posses.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Quaterbacks ever?   Top 5 Quaterbacks ever? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 2:33 pm

I understand what you are saying but I don't think if you put Aaron on the Broncos or Saints he would produce at a higher level then the guys already there. I consider him and Drew to be pretty much equal at the moment. I'm sure Aaron's numbers would be up there as well but I don't think they would be any higher then Drew's or Peyton's. Drew also led his team to a Super Bowl win with a less then stellar defense and even though he has a very favorable offensive scheme most years he has had a below average defense. Aaron still has plenty of chances to move past both those guys since he is earlier in his career then they are.
I just find it very difficult to assume that Aaron in the same situation would outperform those guys. I'm not saying it wouldn't be close or maybe equal. But better? I just really don't see it.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Quaterbacks ever?   Top 5 Quaterbacks ever? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 2:49 pm

Well, I do. I believe any team in the NFL Rogers isn't on becomes significantly better if he is on it, including the Broncos.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Quaterbacks ever?   Top 5 Quaterbacks ever? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 3:08 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Well, I do.  I believe any team in the NFL Rogers isn't on becomes significantly better if he is on it, including the Broncos.

Strongly disagree. You seem to imply he is clearly the best in the league. But I don't think you have anything real to base that on.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Quaterbacks ever?   Top 5 Quaterbacks ever? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 3:12 pm

Brees has to be docked points for how the Saints offense looks when they go outdoors against a team with a good defense. It's like two completely different teams

If I'm starting off a team and have to take a QB first for one season of football its Aaron Rodgers for me. All other elements of a team being equal, he's the best in the game
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Quaterbacks ever?   Top 5 Quaterbacks ever? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 3:44 pm

OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
Well, I do.  I believe any team in the NFL Rogers isn't on becomes significantly better if he is on it, including the Broncos.

Strongly disagree. You seem to imply he is clearly the best in the league. But I don't think you have anything real to base that on.

Not implying it, declaring it and basing it on the same things countless numbers of vets, analysts, coaches and others do when they say Rogers is the best qb they have seen play the position, his ability to play the position.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Quaterbacks ever?   Top 5 Quaterbacks ever? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 5:00 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

Not implying it, declaring it and basing it on the same things countless numbers of vets, analysts, coaches and others do when they say Rogers is the best qb they have seen play the position, his ability to play the position.

There are more vets, coaches analyst out there that would say Peyton is better the Aaron then the other way around. I'm sure a fair share would also say Drew is better then Aaron. Crazy how you declare it as fact when there are more people of knowledge that would disagree with you then would agree with you. If you took a poll of coaches, vets and analyst Peyton would get more votes then Aaron and that's a fact.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Quaterbacks ever?   Top 5 Quaterbacks ever? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 5:03 pm

You could say there are more that would, but they aren't saying it about them though are they? Many people have been saying it about Rogers time and time again.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Quaterbacks ever?   Top 5 Quaterbacks ever? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 5:10 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
You could say there are more that would, but they aren't saying it about them though are they?  Many people have been saying it about Rogers time and time again.

Where are who? It's said all the time that Peyton is the best in the game and one of the GOATS. Often times Aaron isn't even mentioned in the conversation. I say there are more because there are more. That's not just a guess, that's just how it is.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Quaterbacks ever?   Top 5 Quaterbacks ever? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 5:11 pm

I don't know what world you live in where Aaron receives more praise then Peyton. It's not reality though.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Quaterbacks ever?   Top 5 Quaterbacks ever? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 5:20 pm

Everything aside, I can watch him play and see it.  As can others.  What they see is why they understand he is the best.  You don;t have to be in any world but this one to be able to do that.  And quantity of praise is different then quality, plenty of people have given Manning all the praise he is due over and over again while having no problem tuning around and saying basically what Bobbitt did. Even as recent as last week. You have to be purposly not listening when week after week a coach or player or pundit is asked some version of the question "who is the one guy you pick to lead your team". The expected answer is Rodgers to anyone who has been listening.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Quaterbacks ever?   Top 5 Quaterbacks ever? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 5:34 pm

I think if you honestly think the quality of people that favor Rodgers over Peyton is greater then the quality saying the reverse they you are delusional and/or a fanboy.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Quaterbacks ever?   Top 5 Quaterbacks ever? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 5:37 pm

Really, I don't think you can handle my opinion. Can you handle my opinion?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Quaterbacks ever?   Top 5 Quaterbacks ever? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 10:13 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
Really, I don't think you can handle my opinion.  Can you handle my opinion?

You present your opinion as fact. It's far from a fact that more "quality" people think Aaron is better then Peyton.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Quaterbacks ever?   Top 5 Quaterbacks ever? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 1:06 pm

I won't present my opinions with any kind of faith or confidence in what it is I believe then if it helps you keep your cool.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Quaterbacks ever?   Top 5 Quaterbacks ever? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 1:20 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I won't present my opinions with any kind of faith or confidence in what it is I believe then if it helps you keep your cool.  

I'm cool, I'm hip. I'm down.
Top 5 Quaterbacks ever? - Page 3 Jamie-2-425x283
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Quaterbacks ever?   Top 5 Quaterbacks ever? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Top 5 Quaterbacks ever?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: Sports Discussion :: US Sports-
Jump to: