Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

'Bigfoot' Silva fails UFC drug test, suspended for nine months and forfeits $50,000 'Fight of the Night' bonus to Mark Hunt

Go down 
+3
jewzilla
acccardinal12
bobbitt15
7 posters
AuthorMessage

'Bigfoot' Silva fails UFC drug test, suspended for nine months and forfeits $50,000 'Fight of the Night' bonus to Mark Hunt Empty
PostSubject: 'Bigfoot' Silva fails UFC drug test, suspended for nine months and forfeits $50,000 'Fight of the Night' bonus to Mark Hunt   'Bigfoot' Silva fails UFC drug test, suspended for nine months and forfeits $50,000 'Fight of the Night' bonus to Mark Hunt EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 10:45 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/12/17/5222096/bigfoot-silva-fails-ufc-drug-test-trt-suspended-nine-months-forfeits-bonus-mark-hunt

Oh no he didn't ...

Merry Christmas, Mark Hunt. Signed, Antonio Silva.

Despite being in full compliance with Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) in regard to its testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) usage guidelines in the lead up to his insane Heavyweight main event against Hunt at UFC Fight Night 33, "Bigfoot" failed his post-fight drug test, according to MMAJunkie.com.

Check out the official statement:

"Silva is on a medically approved regimen of testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), and had been in compliance with therapeutic guidelines on all pre-fight tests performed prior to the event. The results of his test on the day of the event indicated a level of testosterone outside of allowable limit. Silva has been informed that the elevated testosterone level is a violation of the UFC Fighter Conduct Policy and his Promotional Agreement with Zuffa."

Oi.

Silva -- who was popped for steroids (Boldenone) after he won the Elite XC Heavyweight championship back in 2008 (read more details here) -- has been hit with a nine-month suspension and will forfeit the $50,000 he won for his part in the "Fight of Night" (watch video highlights here) to "Super Samoan" ... just in time for the holiday season.

UFC President Dana White -- who was already pumping the breaks on an immediate rematch (albeit for a much different reason) -- will probably now pass on buying "Bigfoot" his own "private island," too.

Last, and certainly not least, Silva will have "No Contest" added to his mixed martial arts (MMA) record, while Hunt will keep the original decision, which was ruled a "Majority Draw."

Oh well ...
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

'Bigfoot' Silva fails UFC drug test, suspended for nine months and forfeits $50,000 'Fight of the Night' bonus to Mark Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Bigfoot' Silva fails UFC drug test, suspended for nine months and forfeits $50,000 'Fight of the Night' bonus to Mark Hunt   'Bigfoot' Silva fails UFC drug test, suspended for nine months and forfeits $50,000 'Fight of the Night' bonus to Mark Hunt EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 11:01 pm

Oh no, now a great HW slugfest fight has been forever tainted...not
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: 'Bigfoot' Silva fails UFC drug test, suspended for nine months and forfeits $50,000 'Fight of the Night' bonus to Mark Hunt   'Bigfoot' Silva fails UFC drug test, suspended for nine months and forfeits $50,000 'Fight of the Night' bonus to Mark Hunt EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 1:46 am

5 rounds right!? Gtfo
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: 'Bigfoot' Silva fails UFC drug test, suspended for nine months and forfeits $50,000 'Fight of the Night' bonus to Mark Hunt   'Bigfoot' Silva fails UFC drug test, suspended for nine months and forfeits $50,000 'Fight of the Night' bonus to Mark Hunt EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 2:19 am

Let them juice. You can't stop it, and it makes reem a legit contender.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: 'Bigfoot' Silva fails UFC drug test, suspended for nine months and forfeits $50,000 'Fight of the Night' bonus to Mark Hunt   'Bigfoot' Silva fails UFC drug test, suspended for nine months and forfeits $50,000 'Fight of the Night' bonus to Mark Hunt EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 1:00 pm

It's official, I declare Hunt the winner, even though he won 48-47, now the pay day reflects it better.

Hunt's response is awesome

Hunto wrote:
He said of the bonus: "I haven't heard anything. Hell yeah."

When told that Silva was given a therapeutic-use exemption by the UFC, he replied: "S–t, I need to get on some of this s–t. F–k, I don't know how these guys are doing this s–t. I should get some of that s–t, too. That's news to me. I haven't heard anything of it. I don't know what to say, honestly. I don't know what it is, but kudos to me for the bonus, eh?"

Also, rewind a year...

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/17691-bigfoot-qovereem-wont-be-clean-for-our-fightq

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: 'Bigfoot' Silva fails UFC drug test, suspended for nine months and forfeits $50,000 'Fight of the Night' bonus to Mark Hunt   'Bigfoot' Silva fails UFC drug test, suspended for nine months and forfeits $50,000 'Fight of the Night' bonus to Mark Hunt EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 4:35 pm

Another multiple time offender. I wonder if he makes another shirt claiming his innocence? Just let the roiders fight it out and keep them away from the real athletes. Hopefully Bigfoot, Barnett and Overeem suffer massive strokes that end their careers.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: 'Bigfoot' Silva fails UFC drug test, suspended for nine months and forfeits $50,000 'Fight of the Night' bonus to Mark Hunt   'Bigfoot' Silva fails UFC drug test, suspended for nine months and forfeits $50,000 'Fight of the Night' bonus to Mark Hunt EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 6:32 pm

The real athletes that are also taking PEDs? I hope they get right on that
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: 'Bigfoot' Silva fails UFC drug test, suspended for nine months and forfeits $50,000 'Fight of the Night' bonus to Mark Hunt   'Bigfoot' Silva fails UFC drug test, suspended for nine months and forfeits $50,000 'Fight of the Night' bonus to Mark Hunt EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:54 am

It's well known that Bigfoot needs testosterone due to an effect of his illness, but if he's testing outside the normal range then shame on him.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: 'Bigfoot' Silva fails UFC drug test, suspended for nine months and forfeits $50,000 'Fight of the Night' bonus to Mark Hunt   'Bigfoot' Silva fails UFC drug test, suspended for nine months and forfeits $50,000 'Fight of the Night' bonus to Mark Hunt EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 9:04 am

His response:

Antonio ‘Bigfoot’ Silva received a Therapeutic Use Exemption for Testosterone Replacement Therapy prior to his fight for the ages with Mark Hunt at UFC Fight Night 33 on Dec. 7 in Brisbane, Australia. However, a fighter with a TUE must still maintain testosterone levels within normal levels, and Tuesday it was reported that Silva failed to do so.

In response, "Bigfoot" received a nine month suspension, lost his $50,000 “Fight of the Night” performance bonus which will now go to Hunt, and his record for the fight will be changed to a No Contest. Hunt's record will remain a draw.

Silva says his TRT was supervised by Dr. Marcio Tannure, the medical director of the Brazilian athletic commission - Comissao Atletica Brasileira de MMA (CABMMA). Further, Silva has he did everything precisely as directed, and that he plans to sue.

Silva provided details in an interview with MMAFighting's Guilherme Cruz.

"I just did what they told me to do," said Silva. "I’d never do something different that what the doctor told me to. I looked for a doctor with a good reputation, and he’s the UFC’s doctor in Brazil. I knew I’d be tested before and after the fight. Unfortunately, now I have to find the legal ways to overturn this situation or at least prove I’m not guilty."

"I took a shot at the same day he sent me that e-mail, and he asked me if I had another one to take with me to Australia, to take on fight week. He authorized everything. I did exactly as I was informed to do.

"You go get help with a doctor, you do the right thing, and now this story tarnishes my professional career. It tarnishes the great fight I did with Mark Hunt, and gave me a huge financial loss. The doctor knows that I cut weight, he knows how the body of a MMA fighter reacts. He should know at what level I would be with one shot. I felt like a lab rat. I did everything I was told to do and now I’m the cheater."

"I’ll take the exact dosage I took, the exact timetable, and will get a doctor here in the U.S. and a doctor in Brazil to show to the fans that this is horrible for my career and the sport. I want to prove that it was not my fault. When I have all the exams from both doctors, I want to sue for the moral and financial prejudice that he has caused me."

"If (the UFC) allow me to, I want to continue (using TRT), but now with a doctor that won’t give me any problems. I want to continue the treatment because it’s good for my personal life and my career as well. If you know what acromegaly is, you know what I have. My hormonal levels are not normal, my testosterone is too low, and I want to be on normal levels.

"I thought about a thousand things since this all happened. I considered leaving the sport because of these unfair things, but I don’t give up that easily. I have to show that it was not my fault."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Bigfoot' Silva fails UFC drug test, suspended for nine months and forfeits $50,000 'Fight of the Night' bonus to Mark Hunt   'Bigfoot' Silva fails UFC drug test, suspended for nine months and forfeits $50,000 'Fight of the Night' bonus to Mark Hunt Empty

Back to top Go down

'Bigfoot' Silva fails UFC drug test, suspended for nine months and forfeits $50,000 'Fight of the Night' bonus to Mark Hunt
Page 1 of 1