Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC’s Ronda Rousey says she could beat heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

UFC’s Ronda Rousey says she could beat heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez Empty
PostSubject: UFC’s Ronda Rousey says she could beat heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez   UFC’s Ronda Rousey says she could beat heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 6:33 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/ufc-ronda-rousey-says-she-could-beat-heavyweight-171849440--mma.html

By Elias Cepeda 5 hours ago

UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey recently spoke with Spanish-language daily Hoy newspaper and said that, under the right circumstances, she believes that she could beat heavyweight king Cain Velasquez.

"In any given moment, under the right circumstance, I think it is possible," Rousey said of beating Velasquez when asked if she thought she could.

"You cannot tell me that it is physically impossible. It is possible that in any given moment that I could beat him. I simply believe in my possibilities."

The Olympic judo bronze medalist never seems to lack in confidence but her assertion that she could beat Velasquez despite giving up about a hundred pounds in weight, might seem over the top. Before you're quick to criticize "Rowdy" Ronda as delusional, however, remember that competitive fighting is necessarily an audacious practice.

In order to have a chance at successfully facing the tension of a fight, fighters need to believe in themselves to a ridiculous degree. In effect, all Rousey is saying is that, in a hypothetical situation where she had to fight Velasquez for some insane reason, she wouldn't just curl up and die - she'd fight on and believes that she'd find a way to win somehow.

You've gotta love that champion's attitude. Rousey, of course, next fights in the Octagon in December against rival Miesha Tate.

The two can be seen coaching opposite one another on The Ultimate Fighter season 18 which airs Wednesdays on Fox Sports Net 1.

Follow Elias on Twitter @EliasCepeda
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC’s Ronda Rousey says she could beat heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez   UFC’s Ronda Rousey says she could beat heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 6:34 pm

Stay humble Rondah.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: UFC’s Ronda Rousey says she could beat heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez   UFC’s Ronda Rousey says she could beat heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 8:26 pm

book it dana,

give the lady what she wants.
Back to top Go down
mannyfresh
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Royce

PostSubject: Re: UFC’s Ronda Rousey says she could beat heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez   UFC’s Ronda Rousey says she could beat heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 8:37 pm

I dont even think she is the baddest woman in the world much less a mens heavyweight champion beater.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC’s Ronda Rousey says she could beat heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez   UFC’s Ronda Rousey says she could beat heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 8:51 pm

So she wont even go up to 145 to fight Cyborg yet she'll fight Cain? palm palm palm
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC’s Ronda Rousey says she could beat heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez   UFC’s Ronda Rousey says she could beat heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 9:04 pm

omg does she really think that for real?!?!?!?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: UFC’s Ronda Rousey says she could beat heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez   UFC’s Ronda Rousey says she could beat heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 3:44 am

She also thinks sandy hook was a conspiracy
Back to top Go down
mannyfresh
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Royce

PostSubject: Re: UFC’s Ronda Rousey says she could beat heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez   UFC’s Ronda Rousey says she could beat heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 5:54 pm

If this was a true fight and Cain went 100% she would be dead before the end of the first round. I am an average dude and my wife is an average chick and I could probably kill her with my hands in under 5 minutes if I was correctly motivated. I know Ronda isnt an average chick but lets be honest Cain isnt an average man either.

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: UFC’s Ronda Rousey says she could beat heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez   UFC’s Ronda Rousey says she could beat heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 3:22 pm

Ronda would get owned by Demetrius Johnson
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC’s Ronda Rousey says she could beat heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez   UFC’s Ronda Rousey says she could beat heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 9:55 pm

Ronda would lose to every male fighter in the UFC and Bellator.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC’s Ronda Rousey says she could beat heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez   UFC’s Ronda Rousey says she could beat heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 10:45 pm

Ronda would tap Joe Warren
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC’s Ronda Rousey says she could beat heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez   UFC’s Ronda Rousey says she could beat heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC’s Ronda Rousey says she could beat heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez
Page 1 of 1