Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Glory 10 is on tonight

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Glory 10 is on tonight Empty
PostSubject: Glory 10 is on tonight   Glory 10 is on tonight EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 1:44 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/9/27/4777998/glory-10-los-angeles-preview-fight-card-live-stream
Who are the fighters to watch at Saturday's Glory 10 Los Angeles show? Fraser Coffeen breaks it down in this Glory preview, including fighter profiles, fight card, live stream info, and more.

Saturday September 28, Glory, the world's #1 kickboxing organization, is back in action. Glory 10 Los Angeles is live Saturday night with a fight time of 8:30 p.m. ET / 5:30 p.m. PT for the opening fights. Glory 10 will be broadcast on the CBS Sports Network in the US, and on the Fight Network in Canada and is available in a live stream right here at Bloody Elbow.

This weekend sees Glory return to US soil for the first in a series of three big US shows this fall. Glory 10 is notably the last show before Glory's exciting deal with Spike TV kicks in, bringing the world's best kickboxing to not only US arenas, but also US televisions. To tide us over until that October 12 Spike debut, we have Glory 10 Los Angeles. This card was hit by some unfortunate changes in the past week, most notably seeing the Jerome Le Banner vs. Sergei Kharitonov main event cancelled due to injury. The end result is a card somewhat short on name value, though it still has some tremendous fighters who are well worth a look.

With that in mind, here are the five fighters you need to watch at Glory 10, starting with one of the best in the world:

1. ROBIN VAN ROOSMALEN - Main event fighter Robin van Roosmalen has surpassed Buakaw and Andy Souwer to establish himself as the world's #2 fighter at 70kg (#1 remains pound-for-pound king Giorgio Petrosyan, who doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon). Roosmalen is a powerful, exciting KO artist who has really blown up in the past few years. Starting with his 2011 It's Showtime tournament win, Roosmalen has been on a great run. His showdown with Petrosyan in last year's Glory Slam Finals was a much anticipated fight, and though it didn't go Roosmalen's way, his recent work clearly demonstrates that he is a force in kickboxing's richest division. He takes on the often underrated Shemsi Beqiri in a clutch fight at Lightweight.

2. ARTEM LEVIN - Levin is a part of the 4 man 85kg tournament taking place at Glory 10. A former It's Showtime champion, Levin is #1 in the world in this division and a heavy favorite to win the crown in LA. Levin brings a very technical Muay Thai approach to his fights and is able to break opponents down and pick them apart. It's a style more geared towards those that love the subtlety of a well implemented gameplan, but if you like Muay Thai and you like fighters who can impose their will, Levin is one to watch.

3. JOE SCHILLING - Schilling is Levin's toughest test in the tournament. This US fighter does not have the same exposure or experience as Levin, but that doesn't mean he should be ruled out. Like Levin, Schilling brings a Muay Thai background to the ring. He has a number of impressive accomplishments in Muay Thai, including holding a win over the legend Kaoklai. A resident of Los Angeles, Schilling will certainly have the hometown crowd on his side here. If he can pull off the upset and take out Levin, it will be a huge moment for him.

4. ANDY RISTIE - Ristie has become one of my favorite fighters as of late. A veteran of the European scene, Ristie has really come into his own lately, scoring increasingly impressive wins over the likes of Gago Drago, Hinata, and Albert Kraus. That Kraus win was particularly notable, as Kraus is one the the best of all time in the division and Ristie managed to knock him out in the first round. A flashy fighter, Ristie has incredible knees, which he has used to brutalize opponents lately - and seriously, how can you not love a good knee strike KO? He takes on Niclas Larsen here, who is another flashy fighter that should pair up well with Ristie.

5. MURTHEL GROENHART and DAVIT KIRIA - These two meet in a Superfight in what could end up being the show-stealer. Both are very talented, highly regarded fighters in the Lightweight division, and both are coming off of huge years in 2012. Groenhart claimed the K-1 MAX Grand Prix crown last year with wins over Mike Zambidis and Artur Kyshenko, while Kiria scored big wins in Glory over Shemsi Beqiri and Kem Sitsongpeenong. They also both have exciting styles, with Groenhart in particularly showing a great aggressive side ever since his switch to Mike's Gym. In short, this is an incredibly even match-up between two of the very best Lightweights in the world, and two men looking to reach the top of the Lightweight ladder. Only one can keep moving up - I look forward to seeing which one it is.

See these fighters along with Albert Kraus, Hinata, Randy Blake, Ky Hollenbeck, and many more this weekend, and be sure to join us here at Bloody Elbow Saturday night for Glory 10 live stream, results, and live discussion.

GLORY 10 LOS ANGELES FIGHT CARD:
Robin van Roosmalen vs. Shemsi Beqiri
Tournament Finals
Joe Schilling vs. Kengo Shimizu
Artem Levin vs. Jason Wilnis
Wayne Barrett vs. Robby Plotkin
Davit Kiria vs. Murthel Groenhart
Brian Collette vs. Randy Blake
Brice Guidon vs. Jahfarr Wilnis
Andy Ristie vs. Niclas Larsen
Alexander Stetsurenko vs. Karapet Karapetyan
Albert Kraus vs. Ky Hollenbeck
Johann Fauveau vs. Hinata
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Glory 10 is on tonight   Glory 10 is on tonight EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 8:23 pm

thanks for the heads up
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Glory 10 is on tonight   Glory 10 is on tonight EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 12:09 pm

anyone watch the fights on spike last night?

Holy shit it was epic. Guys were going toe-to-toe the entire night.

Spong put on a super impressive performance and that HW final was amazing!

Cant wait to see more Glory on Spike. Nice addition.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Glory 10 is on tonight   Glory 10 is on tonight EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 12:13 pm

Was working an ammy show last night, so I'll watch it today when I get home from work.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Glory 10 is on tonight   Glory 10 is on tonight EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 12:15 pm

ohh My bad on the Spong spoiler but the rest of the fights were great too
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Glory 10 is on tonight   Glory 10 is on tonight EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 12:18 pm

I already saw the results and gifs, I always look when I get home from the shows. It doesn't stop me from watching them.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Glory 10 is on tonight   Glory 10 is on tonight EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 12:22 pm

So you're working mma events now? That's pretty cool. How'd you get that gig?
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Glory 10 is on tonight   Glory 10 is on tonight EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 1:26 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Been doing them since 2005. Contacted the Athletic Commission and they told me what I had to do and I've been involved since 2005. I started as an inspector and worked my way through each job and became a judge. I moslty judge now but I also still work as an inspector, time keeper, and scorekeeper. I work in NJ but have also worked in MD, CT (Mohegan Sun), WV, and MD. I am working the 26th of this month in Baltimore MD.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Glory 10 is on tonight   Glory 10 is on tonight EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 7:13 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
Been doing them since 2005. Contacted the Athletic Commission and they told me what I had to do and I've been involved since 2005. I started as an inspector and worked my way through each job and became a judge. I moslty judge now but I also still work as an inspector, time keeper, and scorekeeper. I work in NJ but have also worked in MD, CT (Mohegan Sun), WV, and MD. I am working the 26th of this month in Baltimore MD.
Nice. Im still waiting for them to legalize it in NY.

I'd love to ref fights. Do you know if it's hard to become a ref?
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Glory 10 is on tonight   Glory 10 is on tonight EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 9:25 pm

Hard in NJ, not sure how NY is going to handle it once it gets passed. There are a number of ref's that live in NY that work in Jersey so they'll be the one's that get the cards first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glory 10 is on tonight   Glory 10 is on tonight Empty

Back to top Go down

Glory 10 is on tonight
Page 1 of 1