Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL?

Go down 
+4
bobbitt15
GDPofDRC
Ludo
OU
8 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL? Empty
PostSubject: Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL?   Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL? EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 10:59 am

Calvin Johnson stands alone right now at #1. But after that there are a few good options. AJ Green has really moved up the rankings and is in that mix. Even though he is on a bad team Larry Fitzgerald is still amazing. Dez doesn't have near the consistency to be in the discussion and as impressive as Boldin can be I don't think he is really in the discussion either. Who you got in that 2 spot behind Johnson?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL?   Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL? EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 3:38 pm

OU wrote:
Calvin Johnson stands alone right now at #1. But after that there are a few good options. AJ Green has really moved up the rankings and is in that mix. Even though he is on a bad team Larry Fitzgerald is still amazing. Dez doesn't have near the consistency to be in the discussion and as impressive as Boldin can be I don't think he is really in the discussion either. Who you got in that 2 spot behind Johnson?
Not after sunday he doesn't. I'd say AJ Green or Dameryus Thomas are 2a and 2b right now.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL?   Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL? EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 3:41 pm

AJ Green imo. And I hope for my ffl team
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL?   Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL? EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 3:53 pm

Yeah I think AJ is as good an answer as any right now. He was a major part of me winning my money league last year. I would love to see how Fitz could do if he was in a better situation. I think if you swapped him with Calvin or Julio or even Dez he would still have some monster numbers.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL?   Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL? EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 5:51 pm

AJ Green
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL?   Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL? EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 7:55 pm

AJ Green.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL?   Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL? EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 12:39 am

Michael Crabtree
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL?   Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL? EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 5:16 am

fitzgerald, and i think he'll prove it this year now the cards have a competent QB.

julio jones after that, aj green gets better stats because he's the guy in cincy whilst ryan has to spread the love around in atlanta.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL?   Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL? EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 9:56 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Michael Crabtree
Home...Home on the Range....
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL?   Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL? EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 9:57 am

I don't think Crabtree is a top 20 WR in the NFL.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL?   Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL? EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 10:47 am

Dez obviously has the intimidation factor going for him. When one player can draw in a field full of defenders, leaving many other targets for his QB, that means something. Not saying he is #2 in the league, but I think he could make his case this season.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL?   Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL? EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 11:09 am

jewzilla wrote:
Dez obviously has the intimidation factor going for him. When one player can draw in a field full of defenders, leaving many other targets for his QB, that means something. Not saying he is #2 in the league, but I think he could make his case this season.
If he can stay healthy I think he could make a case for top 5. But there are still a few guys out there that are better IMO. I think Steve Smith is still underrated, he isn't #2 in the league but he is still a little monster.
I think Thomas was another good one thrown out there. Marshall is a monster when healthy, but kind of like with Fitz he isn't really in an ideal situation. Andre Johnson isn't what he once was but still a very good WR. Both White and Jones in ATL look great at times. Reggie Wayne can still get it done.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL?   Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL? EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 11:20 am

Valid points. I don't think there is a clear cut #2 in the league. Players fall off so easily and fast these days, it's too hard to put a ranking on them.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL?   Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL? EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 11:42 am

jewzilla wrote:
Valid points. I don't think there is a clear cut #2 in the league. Players fall off so easily and fast these days, it's too hard to put a ranking on them.
Yeah but one thing AJ Green has going for him is his age and the fact that keeps getting better. Dez is still young too and so is Julio Jones. But AJ already looks like he is on his way to a 3rd straight pro bowl in as many seasons. They all have very high ceilings but AJ seems to be the most consistent right now.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL?   Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL? EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 4:21 pm

True. It's only been one game for Dez this season. I'm gonna hold off on my call until later in the year. But yah Green is probably right there behind Johnson as of now.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL?   Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL? EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 7:24 pm

cheekynffc wrote:
fitzgerald, and i think he'll prove it this year now the cards have a competent QB.

julio jones after that, aj green gets better stats because he's the guy in cincy whilst ryan has to spread the love around in atlanta.
Green was a better receiver in college and has been in the pros. Julio is better at really no aspect of being a receiver
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL?   Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL? EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 8:56 pm

OU wrote:
I don't think Crabtree is a top 20 WR in the NFL.
I want 20 names, and backup analysis for any reciever after 10.

I know you'll try to just throw out 20 names but such noise can't even come close to getting backed up statistically.

Keep in mind, Crabtree was among the best statistically on a team where passing is secondary. Most ahead of him are on teams without running games that bomb it out 50 times a game. Yet Crabtree has as many touchdowns as any of them. Crab is an easy 1500/10TD per year talent. already dropped 1100 and 10.

Boldin was brought in as #2 and everybody knows it..you're clearly just hating.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL?   Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL? EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 9:08 pm

C Johnson
Aj green
Julio jones
Roddy white
Dez Bryant
Anquan boldin
Percy harvin
Andre Johnson
Wes welker
Reggie Wayne
Steve smith
Torrey smith
Greg Jennings
D Thomas
Brandon Marshal
Randall Cobb
Larry Fitzgerald
Victor Cruz
Desean Jackson
Dwayne Bowe

Not to say any are better than Crabtree but definitely make a case for themselves. Didn't put them in order either. Prolly forgot some too. I think Justin Blackmon will be good and could be top 20.

Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL?   Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL? EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 9:10 pm

And if we added in Tight Ends Jason Witten, Jimmy Graham, Vernon Davis, Jermichael Finley, Tony Gonzalez, A Gates, And the other Thomas out in Denver would bump a few receivers off the list when it comes to catching the ball and making plays.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL?   Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL? EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 9:34 pm

top 4 in total YAC. He would easily be number 2 if he was targeted nearly as much but we got a ground game and some ends that need some attention. Top 15 in total yards...but of course targeted far less than most of the guys barelyahead of him. Top 8 in touchdowns. There is no case to be made. He's easily top 10.

I was joking with number 2 but OU is out of his fuckin mind. If he said top 10, then there is a debate but he said 20 and that is just some trolling bullshit that can't be argued in any way. Certianly not statistically.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL?   Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL? EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 10:55 pm

Oh for sure. Crabtree is a beast. OU prolly don't like him from his Tech days.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL?   Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL? EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 11:43 pm

i figured some college BS was probably the root of such fallacy. It certainly doesnt make sense statistically, or watching the games.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL?   Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL? EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 10:17 am

Crabtree isn't a beast, I could see you stretching him to top 15 but I don't think he is anything special. Boldin may have been brought in to be a #2 but he is a better WR. Crabtree had his injury early on and he really early in his career. But at this point I'd still take guys like Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne, Boldin over him. I don't think he is as good as the top guys like Megatron, Green, Fitz, Marshall, Julio, Andre Johnson, Thomas, I don't think he is as good as Dez when both are healthy. I'd probably take Dwayne Bowe over Crabtree. I think Welker is a better WR right now then Crabtree.
Crabtree isn't dog shit, all the guys I mentioned above are very good WR. But is Crabtree better then Steve Johnson? Percy Harvin? I even like a healthy Sidney Rice. A lot of good WR out there.

Why would I hate Crabtree for Tech? We smashed Crabtree and he beat Texas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL?   Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: Sports Discussion :: US Sports-
Jump to: