Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Robin Hood Trailer

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Robin Hood Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Robin Hood Trailer   Robin Hood Trailer EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 7:23 pm

Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Robin Hood Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood Trailer   Robin Hood Trailer EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 10:40 pm

I like the Cosner one

When I see that GIF of Mir it makes me think he just closed his eyes and hoped it connect
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Robin Hood Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood Trailer   Robin Hood Trailer EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 3:20 am

now thats what im fucking talking about! Considering Gladiator is one of my all time favorite movie im sure i will really enjoy this movie.
Back to top Go down
franklinfan2
Green Belt
Green Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin duh!

Robin Hood Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood Trailer   Robin Hood Trailer EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 10:48 pm

Can't hold a candle to men in tights.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Robin Hood Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood Trailer   Robin Hood Trailer EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 6:25 am

Just saw the director's cut, not bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Robin Hood Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood Trailer   Robin Hood Trailer EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:38 am

Unlike Kingdom of Heaven, this one wasn't awash too badly in Ridley Scott's obsession with giving American post cold war morals on ancient people who would have never thought like that. Granted it gets a little preachy about freedoms but this version of the story is taking place during the time when the Barons were asking for more rights and forcing the seeds of democracy, so it fits. People whine that this isn't a classic Robin Hood story, but considering there is hardly any firm evidence of a historical one, and the legends have been reinvented, retold and retooled for 800 years, I don't think one more version of the story is going to hurt anyone.

Ebert says it "drains the magic out of the story", I can see that, but I also like the gritty realism. It kind of works like Troy in that regard. Both movies remove most of the fantasy, make the motives more plausible(greed mostly) and devalue the importance of religion to the day to day lives of the people in question, and remove God or Gods from relevance to the point they're no more or no less disprovable than they are today.
Back to top Go down

Robin Hood Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood Trailer   Robin Hood Trailer EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 11:46 am

Kingdom Of Heaven is ten times better.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Robin Hood Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood Trailer   Robin Hood Trailer EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 11:53 am

Kingdom of Heaven is an unwatchable piece of feces. You're supposed to be a movie buff. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Robin Hood Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood Trailer   Robin Hood Trailer EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 11:54 am

Easily the worst thing Scott ever did. KoH's terribleness is legendary.
Back to top Go down

Robin Hood Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood Trailer   Robin Hood Trailer EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 11:58 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Kingdom of Heaven is an unwatchable piece of feces. You're supposed to be a movie buff. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

I like movies but I am a sucker for historical swords and sandals epics.

The directors cut of Kingdom of Heaven is much better than the theatrical release. My only problem with the movie is Orlando Bloom is a weak actor and that Liam Neeson's screen time was too short.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Robin Hood Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood Trailer   Robin Hood Trailer EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:07 pm

And the premise and climax was one of the most retarded and offensive things I have ever seen. I love these movies(btw, sword and sandal is such a dated term!!!) to the point of excusing bad movies as "decent", "decent" as good, good as great, great as amazing, and amazing as best ever. But that speech dude gives from the wall that all people of all languages here that ends the crusades by filling everyone's hearts with hippie hollywood values was so laughable I can never get that out of my mind. A jet black Templar in 1000 is pretty fucking stupid too. Just a horrible movie really, horrible.

Look I can buy hippie American values in a Magna Carta or Roman Republic setting, but there is a fucking line we have to draw somewhere.
Back to top Go down

Robin Hood Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood Trailer   Robin Hood Trailer EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:12 pm

See I don't really buy too much into what's behind a movie or if it's got some political agenda, I enjoy the action,cinematography,acting,score and dialogue.

Jet black templar ?? are you talking about the Nubian mercenary ?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Robin Hood Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood Trailer   Robin Hood Trailer EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:13 pm

The plot was offensively stupid.
Back to top Go down

Robin Hood Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood Trailer   Robin Hood Trailer EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:19 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
The plot was offensively stupid.

Wasn't it partially based on events that happened during the crusades ? obviously not the part where a hundred odd knights defended Jerusalem from thousands of Saladin's army.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Robin Hood Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood Trailer   Robin Hood Trailer EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 3:10 pm

I thought this was eh
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ali

Robin Hood Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood Trailer   Robin Hood Trailer EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 5:49 pm

That version of Robin Hood was better than I expected, but knowing a bit about English history from the period made it a bit annoying, given that it wasn't entirely accurate (e.g. William Marshall) but still wasn't too bad.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Robin Hood Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood Trailer   Robin Hood Trailer EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:01 pm

Tobe06 wrote:
That version of Robin Hood was better than I expected, but knowing a bit about English history from the period made it a bit annoying, given that it wasn't entirely accurate (e.g. William Marshall) but still wasn't too bad.

Agreed, but by far the most accurate movie out of this list historically is ;

Braveheart
Troy
Robin Hood
Kingdom of Heaven
Gladiator
Red Cliff
King Author

When a stylized comic book is the most accurate story in the genre, historical inaccuracy no longer holds any water for a valid criticism.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Robin Hood Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood Trailer   Robin Hood Trailer EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:33 pm

Well, each of those movies is historically innaccurate, tough to say which if any are more accurate then the others. 300 is an accurate adaption of Frank Miller's graphic novel, but the movie it self misportrays the Spartans, Persians, their religion and the characters themselves.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Robin Hood Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood Trailer   Robin Hood Trailer EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:36 pm

I agree, but in what ways does it misrepresent them that you're referring to. I am not saying it is "accurate" but rather, the most accurate, at least to the events in question. Clothes or no clothes.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Robin Hood Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood Trailer   Robin Hood Trailer EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:01 pm

Just do a little reading up on it, I'm sure I could find someone whose wrote something decent about it's inaccuracies.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Robin Hood Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood Trailer   Robin Hood Trailer EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:02 pm

facepalm. I've read all about it, I just wondered what you were referring to specifically, because there have been numerous things said about it that actually aren't true.

You beg for small talk and arguments, and refuse to participate when given either.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Robin Hood Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood Trailer   Robin Hood Trailer EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:06 pm

It was 4 in the morning and I was bored, I'm going out in a half hr. So until then what has been said that isn't true?

We can start on the samller inaccuracies and work are way up
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Robin Hood Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood Trailer   Robin Hood Trailer EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:11 pm

I know of plenty, I was just looking for small talk. And there are some things people were beating on like the lack of homosexuality between the solders that were actually accurate to Spartan culture.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Robin Hood Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood Trailer   Robin Hood Trailer EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:27 pm

That would not be one of my problems, how would they have worked that into the story anyways. I'm sure we could list multiple, but for instance Leonidas lead an army of somewhere around 7,000 Greeks, the fighting techiniques they imployed were incorrect, obviously clothing and armor. The Persians were portryed incorrectly and Xerxes in many ways but that's no shocker. Ephialtes was, the council, the manhood ritual which I'm gonna guess on the name cause I don't really remember it, agogi, and nor would Leonidas a future King have gone through such a ritual, and.....
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Robin Hood Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood Trailer   Robin Hood Trailer EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:31 pm

Ya stuff like that. But at least the overall events as depicted were true and the characters existed. In Braveheart they take complete creative license with William Wallace and completely change the history, Gladiator invents Maximus' entire character, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Robin Hood Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood Trailer   Robin Hood Trailer Empty

Back to top Go down

Robin Hood Trailer
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next