Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC launches 'UFC Select' subscription channel on YouTube

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

UFC launches 'UFC Select' subscription channel on YouTube Empty
PostSubject: UFC launches 'UFC Select' subscription channel on YouTube   UFC launches 'UFC Select' subscription channel on YouTube EmptyFri May 10, 2013 9:58 am

Seems to me like they are offering an alternative to FUEL content, other then the live shows obviously. Everything changes in August with the Fox channels re-branding.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/05/ufc-launches-ufc-select-subscription-channel-on-youtube

Quote :
UFC officials today announced that the company's "UFC Select" YouTube channel is now available for a monthly fee of $5.99 following an initial 14-day free trial.

Current plans call for the channel to feature eight new fights each week. Initial offerings include UFC 139's Wanderlei Silva vs. Cung Le, UFC on Versus 4's Cheick Kongo vs. Pat Barry, UFC 108's Junior dos Santos vs. Gilbert Yvel and UFC 103's Vitor Belfort vs. Rich Franklin, among others.

Additionally, one complete season of "The Ultimate Fighter" will be available each month. The channel currently features all 10 episodes of "The Ultimate Fighter 13: Team Lesnar vs. Team dos Santos."

Episodes of "UFC Unleashed" and "Best of PRIDE" will also be hosted on the site, as well as one full UFC event replay each week.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC launches 'UFC Select' subscription channel on YouTube   UFC launches 'UFC Select' subscription channel on YouTube EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:09 pm

So annoying adverts weren't enough now youtube is bringing in subscription fees No
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC launches 'UFC Select' subscription channel on YouTube   UFC launches 'UFC Select' subscription channel on YouTube EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:14 pm

Ali* wrote:
So annoying adverts weren't enough now youtube is bringing in subscription fees No

That's not new is it?
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC launches 'UFC Select' subscription channel on YouTube   UFC launches 'UFC Select' subscription channel on YouTube EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:16 pm

OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:

That's not new is it?

I've been hearing rumors that alot of channels are now going to start charging fees, imagine having to pay for someone like FPSRussia Mad
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC launches 'UFC Select' subscription channel on YouTube   UFC launches 'UFC Select' subscription channel on YouTube EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:17 pm

Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:

That's not new is it?

I've been hearing rumors that alot of channels are now going to start charging fees, imagine having to pay for someone like FPSRussia Mad

I don't think that would be they type of channel to charge. But paying for content you otherwise wouldn't be able to see? If I didn't have FUEL I would consider it. 6 bucks a month? That's nothing.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC launches 'UFC Select' subscription channel on YouTube   UFC launches 'UFC Select' subscription channel on YouTube EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:22 pm

OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:

That's not new is it?

I don't think that would be they type of channel to charge. But paying for content you otherwise wouldn't be able to see? If I didn't have FUEL I would consider it. 6 bucks a month? That's nothing.

I'd be fine with them setting up a subsciption channel for people who don't have access to watch all the cards, that's a better way to counteract streams instead of suing everybody.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC launches 'UFC Select' subscription channel on YouTube   UFC launches 'UFC Select' subscription channel on YouTube EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:24 pm

Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:

That's not new is it?

I'd be fine with them setting up a subsciption channel for people who don't have access to watch all the cards, that's a better way to counteract streams instead of suing everybody.

They do have the UFC.tv or whatever that allows people to pay for cards. But this seems to be the FUEL content minus the live shows. Which is pretty cool stuff if you don't have access to it. I think it's a decent alternative. Looks like they will provide some decent content for that channel.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC launches 'UFC Select' subscription channel on YouTube   UFC launches 'UFC Select' subscription channel on YouTube EmptyFri May 17, 2013 4:08 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/5/17/4340528/ufc-rewind-watching-ufc-2-on-the-new-ufc-select-youtube-channel
Kid Nate takes the new UFC YouTube subscription channel for a test drive.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC launches 'UFC Select' subscription channel on YouTube   UFC launches 'UFC Select' subscription channel on YouTube EmptyFri May 17, 2013 4:10 pm

Quote :
UFC Select will have weekly updated programming with eight new fights per week, one episode of UFC Unleashed, one episode of Best of Pride and one full live event (starting with UFC 1 in 1993 last week, UFC 2 this week continuing in order).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC launches 'UFC Select' subscription channel on YouTube   UFC launches 'UFC Select' subscription channel on YouTube Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC launches 'UFC Select' subscription channel on YouTube
Page 1 of 1