Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bendo wants GSP

Go down 
+2
KingsOwn19
Ali
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Bendo wants GSP Empty
PostSubject: Bendo wants GSP   Bendo wants GSP EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 4:46 pm

Quote :
"I'm getting older," Henderson said. "I'm 29 now, almost 30. At my age it's getting hard for me to make the weight class at 155. So, I wouldn't mind having a break and having one fight at 170 -- having a St-Pierre fight."

"I want to maintain my integrity," Henderson said. "I don't want to be one of those guys who cut 20 pounds of water weight and I step in the cage and look sloppy or look fat and don't perform well. I want to make sure that I am fully prepared. It's not just about making weight. It's about maintaining that strict diet, that strict lifestyle. And it gets harder and harder as guys get older -- you fill out more. And I'm getting older.

“I had the metabolism of a 19-year-old when I was 25. But now that I'm 29, my metabolism is like that of a 25-year-old. I'm still ahead of the curve, but I am slowing down. I have to work that much harder, but I can still make 155 for the rest of my career. I can do it. I'm not against doing it."

"Like the way Anderson Silva does it -- have a fight at 205 every once in a while and always make 185, his weight class," Henderson said. "I'd be okay with that -- staying at 155, making weight at 155 for the rest of my career. But every once in a while, having a super fight at 170 -- St-Pierre and I squaring off. I'd be cool with that."

http://espn.go.com/blog/mma/post/_/id/17722/weight-issues-could-lead-bendo-to-gsp
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Bendo wants GSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bendo wants GSP   Bendo wants GSP EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 5:46 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Bendo wants GSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bendo wants GSP   Bendo wants GSP EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 5:59 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
lol

I know Bendo really thinks he's some sort of superstar champion despite only defending the Lightweight crown twice.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Bendo wants GSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bendo wants GSP   Bendo wants GSP EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 6:00 pm

Ali* wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
lol

I know Bendo really thinks he's some sort of superstar champion despite only defending the Lightweight crown twice.

not to mention a strong majority feels he lost his first defense and Frankie is the rightful LW champion.

Hope Gil takes it.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Bendo wants GSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bendo wants GSP   Bendo wants GSP EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 6:16 pm

I like Bendo, but he's not great at anything. I don't think he'd have any advantage over GSP.

Now he'll take care of Gil no problem, but I could see him having issues with Pettis (obviously already did), Chandler, Maynard.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Bendo wants GSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bendo wants GSP   Bendo wants GSP EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 6:37 pm

I don't even want to hear that talk right now he's fighting Gilbert tonight that's what you should be talking about. this is just a quote worthy tidbit from bendo it's not really a big deal, nothing wrong with the lightweight champ want a piece of the welterweight champ, but the timing of the quote is the only thing that makes this news.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Bendo wants GSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bendo wants GSP   Bendo wants GSP EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 8:02 pm

No problem with a champ looking to move up to fight another champ. Would be better if he waited till after the fight, but just the same, I'm sure he's fully prepared for this scrap.
Back to top Go down

Bendo wants GSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bendo wants GSP   Bendo wants GSP EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 8:14 pm

I don't think he's even the best 155 pounder in the world. Edgar really won their last fight, I think Aldo beats him and today we see him fight Gil. GSP would destroy him.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

Bendo wants GSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bendo wants GSP   Bendo wants GSP EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 8:39 pm

freakzilla wrote:
I don't think he's even the best 155 pounder in the world. Edgar really won their last fight, I think Aldo beats him and today we see him fight Gil. GSP would destroy him.

Though Edgar didn't deserve the rematch to begin with because Bendo beat him the first time around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bendo wants GSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bendo wants GSP   Bendo wants GSP Empty

Back to top Go down

Bendo wants GSP
Page 1 of 1