Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The ultimate movie discussion thread

Go down 
+11
Cu Bu
Ali
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
Ludo
josh200612
bobbitt15
Farmer1906
oggy420
killerofchicken
timthebim
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 8:31 pm

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 11:26 am

So I was thinking why haven't I watched Evil Dead 1981 in the past 7 or 8 years, kind of a must since I just watched the remake. Did last night and liked it every bit the same as I did before, it's not good, just always found it and the sequels fun to like, enjoyable. It did make me like how the did the new one just a little better though. Same score.

The Great and Powerful Oz missed the mark I thought. The potential was decent but things began to feel pretty hollow. The use of Kunis, on all levels almost except for her first couple of scenes was a large failure. I think Franco is an entertaining actor and I like his work, even in this he had moments, but poor plot and screenplay wasted both his and Williams time. 1.8/5

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 11:29 am

I watched MIB 3 the other day. I really liked it. Better then I expected it to be.

I also have Prometheus on my DVR but I haven't seen Alien. Should I still watch it?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 11:48 am

yeah, there are an array of subtle references to Aliens films, but they are not a necessity.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 11:51 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
yeah, there are an array of subtle references to Aliens films, but they are not a necessity.

I watched the opening scene and immediately thought, maybe I should see Alien first...
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 11:53 am

well truthfully, shame on you for not, but you don't exactly need to for this.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 12:02 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
well truthfully, shame on you for not, but you don't exactly need to for this.

I saw parts of it when I was young but that was a long, long, long time ago. That movie was before my time. I saw Alien vs Predator. But I don't remember much from it.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 6:32 pm

OU wrote:
I watched MIB 3 the other day. I really liked it. Better then I expected it to be.

I also have Prometheus on my DVR but I haven't seen Alien. Should I still watch it?

You've never seen Alien

The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 6 300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 8:48 pm

Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:

You've never seen Alien

The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 6 300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue

Remember he was sheltered as a lad.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 8:59 pm

josh200612 wrote:
Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:

You've never seen Alien

I know I know, still it's still weird to hear someone who's not seen all these classic movies.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 9:26 am

Ali* wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:

You've never seen Alien

I know I know, still it's still weird to hear someone who's not seen all these classic movies.

I remember seeing parts of it when I was really young. I even had an Alien toy where the little mouth came out of the big mouth. I remember a couple scenes but I was is elementary school. But I never really saw the movie other then a couple scenes and like I said that was probably 20 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 8:23 pm

Love James McAvoy he's one of my favorite actors at the moment and he happens to be from Glasgow Smile The trailer is loud and explicit btw.

Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 6:32 pm

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 6:48 pm

Interesting. Though the director and writers give me pause. But I really like all those actors cast for the film.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:03 pm

We Bought A Zoo - It's maybe a bit too soppy for some but I liked the movie and felt it was heartwarming 4/5
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1389137/?ref_=sr_1

The Master - Joaquin Phoenix's performance in The Master was nothing short of spectacular, it was one of those where the actor disappears into the role both mentally and physically. I haven't seen Daniel's performance in Lincoln yet but it must have been extraordinary to stop Phoenix from winning that Oscar. 5/5
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1560747/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:18 pm

Ali* wrote:
We Bought A Zoo - It's maybe a bit too soppy for some but I liked the movie and felt it was heartwarming 4/5

The Master - Joaquin Phoenix's performance in The Master was nothing short of spectacular, it was one of those where the actor disappears into the role both mentally and physically. I haven't seen Daniel's performance in Lincoln yet but it must have been extraordinary to stop Phoenix from winning that Oscar. 5/5

It's because Joaquin is weird himself.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:19 pm

I thought his and Hoffman's performances were brilliant in that movie.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:20 pm

josh200612 wrote:
Ali* wrote:

It's because Joaquin is weird himself.

Most actors are weird you only need to look at Brando to know that.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:22 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I thought his and Hoffman's performances were brilliant in that movie.

Hoffman's performance was great too and even Amy Adams impressed me but Pheonix's whole demeanor and posture stood out for me.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:36 pm

he definitely went the furthest in the movie.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:39 pm

The only other performance I can think in a similar vein funnily enough was Daniel Day Lewis in My Left Foot. I suppose maybe Charlize Theron in Monster too.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 2:03 am

In spite of being about 90% predictable, Oblivion wasn't bad. I've read too many books and seen to many movies I guess. 3.75/5. Being so lite on cast was a help since their were no performances that really brought things down. Got a few other things on my mind but now isn't the time to air them since this just came out. Debating if I should go to bed or watch GIshmoe since I got the 2 for 1 package.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 8:36 pm

Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:04 pm

The Raven - The director wanted it to be so badly like Sleepy Hollow and failed miserably. I also found it hilarious that John Cusack was the only American actor involved for a movie that was meant to be taking place in Baltimore. 2/5
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1486192/?ref_=sr_1

Silver Linings Playbook - I'll admit I was totally wrong about this as it turned out to be a beautifully acted love story with an accurate portrayal of bi-polar disorder woven in. Everyone involved brought their A game and I was really impressed with Bradley Cooper's performance, I hope to see him looking for more challenging work like this again in the future.5/5
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1045658/
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 9:29 pm

Seven Psychopaths - It had it's moments but this is film that was just too clever for its own good. The pacing and structure are all over the place but there is a couple laugh out loud momets here and there. My problem is I saw the trailers and expected an all out comedy which it's not, there's dark humor in it but it's pretty bleak in places. Christopher Walken's still got it though. 3.5/5
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1931533/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The ultimate movie discussion thread
Page 6 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next