Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Monsanto Protection Act

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Monsanto Protection Act Empty
PostSubject: Monsanto Protection Act   Monsanto Protection Act EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 6:17 pm

There truly is no rest for the wicked, and Monsanto is at war once again
against health conscious consumers with the latest ‘Monsanto Protection
Act‘, managing to sneak wording into the latest Senate legislation that
would give them blanket immunity from any USDA action regarding the
potential dangers of their genetically modified creations while under
review. The USDA would be unable to act against any and all new GMO
crops that were suspected to be wreaking havoc on either human health or
the environment.

http://naturalsociety.com/new-monsanto-protection-act-gives-monsanto-power-over-us-government/

Rep Jack Kingston (R-GA) sponsored the rider and Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-Or.) is sponsoring legislation to kill it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto Protection Act   Monsanto Protection Act EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 6:24 pm

Monsantano has been deep in every administration since before the 80's. I think Obama has one of their former VP's in his cabinet and Bush Jr had several as well. DeFazio is an interesting individual for an opposing bill.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto Protection Act   Monsanto Protection Act EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 6:48 pm

Monsanto is far and away the most evil corporation in the world. And the fact that they so heavily influenced our federal government should raise red flags and sound the alarms for anyone who cares about our future, not just as a country, but as a planet.

But most people could probably care less is the sad truth
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto Protection Act   Monsanto Protection Act EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 6:51 pm

The arguement for Monsanto is a money shield against prosecution. Thus the arguement for politicians is protecting a source of funding and probably a token high paying job once they are done with office.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto Protection Act   Monsanto Protection Act EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 7:02 pm

we are one of the only countries in the world that doesn't label gmo foods. This is entirely because of the strangle hold monsanto has over the food industry and government. At this point we just have to hope that nature can bounce back and become resistant to the poison monsanto seeds and pesticides.

Monsanto is a completely ruthless company that will do ANYTHING to meet their bottom line, including sponsoring propaganda campigns to keep consumers from knowing what they are actually putting into their bodies, suing small farmers for everything they have because their crops get infected with genetically modified pollen and forcing those farmers to destroy all generations of seeds.

Pcbs, aspartame, agent orange, all brought to you by the people who make the food you eat and steer government policy. Gotta love it.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto Protection Act   Monsanto Protection Act EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 11:03 am

guess who signed it into law?
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto Protection Act   Monsanto Protection Act EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 12:59 pm

lol there's nothing wrong with aspartame .. or artificial sweetners .. take the good with the bad on that one..

Obesity
Coronary Heart Disease
High Blood Pressure
Stroke
Diabetes
Abnormal Blood Fats
Metabolic Syndrome
Cancer
Osteoarthritis
Sleep Apnea
Obesity Hypoventilation Syndrome
Reproductive Problems
Gallstones
etc.

I cut out all sugar except that I may get from eating fruit .. and lost 40 pounds.. im down to my high school weight again of 155 .. feel great, and had a feel checkup at the doctor blood work and all and my numbers greatly improved from last year .. all in normal to good range..

America is fat
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto Protection Act   Monsanto Protection Act EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 1:31 pm

sure there is, no legitimate research has gone into their health effects.

stevia > all artificial sweetners
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto Protection Act   Monsanto Protection Act EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 3:18 pm

oggy420 wrote:
guess who signed it into law?

Monsanto Protection Act Tumblr10
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto Protection Act   Monsanto Protection Act EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 3:40 pm

(R) Rep bill signed by (D) Prez. Point all your partisan fingers. The Umbrella Corp. has been in all office cabinets.

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto Protection Act   Monsanto Protection Act EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 3:43 pm

GolbeZ wrote:
lol there's nothing wrong with aspartame .. or artificial sweetners .. take the good with the bad on that one..

Obesity
Coronary Heart Disease
High Blood Pressure
Stroke
Diabetes
Abnormal Blood Fats
Metabolic Syndrome
Cancer
Osteoarthritis
Sleep Apnea
Reproductive Problems
Gallstones
etc.

I cut out all sugar except that I may get from eating fruit .. and lost 40 pounds.. im down to my high school weight again of 155 .. feel great, and had a feel checkup at the doctor blood work and all and my numbers greatly improved from last year .. all in normal to good range..

America is fat

Understanding of nutrition would be great, think of all the health savings cost and just improved general quality of life (and more hotties to sac up with!). But then, every one lives to be 92 and all those costs balance out again...

I' almost to the survival of the fittest on nutrition ignorance. You eat you pay.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto Protection Act   Monsanto Protection Act EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 3:53 pm

oggy420 wrote:
sure there is, no legitimate research has gone into their health effects.

stevia > all artificial sweetners

They have done a lot of testing on aspartame on animals and humans of course .. Even with extremely high doses of it .. I'm not saying its the best thing for you but if you are going to drink a soda or whatever I do think diet soda is way better for you ..

And I use splenda brand to sweeten just about everything
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto Protection Act   Monsanto Protection Act EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 3:59 pm

I only have stevia for sweetener uses. But I'll take the 1 gram of aspartame over 40 grams of sugar and high fructose corn syrup in a can of diet vs regular soda all day.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto Protection Act   Monsanto Protection Act EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 3:52 pm

it's a get out of jail free card for evil corporations
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto Protection Act   Monsanto Protection Act EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 3:29 pm

GolbeZ wrote:

Obesity
Coronary Heart Disease
High Blood Pressure
Stroke
Diabetes
Abnormal Blood Fats
Metabolic Syndrome
Cancer
Osteoarthritis
Sleep Apnea
Reproductive Problems
Gallstones
etc.

America is fat
Ohh boy... hate to say I told you so...

Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto Protection Act   Monsanto Protection Act EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 12:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto Protection Act   Monsanto Protection Act EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 4:21 pm

Would you agree stem cell research is comparable to creating your own food supply via creating seeds ?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto Protection Act   Monsanto Protection Act EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 5:01 pm

I don't know where you are going with that question

but I am completely against Monsanto, GMO's, artificial sweeteners, all that crap.

I eat all natural, organic, non-gmo verified foods whenever I can. I also don't take vaccines.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto Protection Act   Monsanto Protection Act EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 5:13 pm

But you live In a country where you have the choice to not buy thode products right ?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto Protection Act   Monsanto Protection Act EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 8:32 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
But you live In a country where you have the choice to not buy thode products right ?
not if it was up to Monsanto or Obama.

Monsanto is spending millions to fight gmo labeling laws.

Critics slam Obama for "protecting" Monsanto
CBS News/ March 28, 2013, 2:13 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57576835/critics-slam-obama-for-protecting-monsanto/

Meet Monsanto's number one lobbyist: Barack Obama

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 by: Jon Rappoport
Tags: Barack Obama, Monsanto, lobbyist
http://www.naturalnews.com/037310_barack_obama_monsanto_lobbyist.html#ixzz2g8tHFkAa

(NaturalNews) During his 2008 campaign for president, Barack Obama transmitted signals that he understood the GMO issue. Several key anti-GMO activists were impressed. They thought Obama, once in the White House, would listen to their concerns and act on them.

These activists weren't just reading tea leaves. On the campaign trail, Obama said: "Let folks know when their food is genetically modified, because Americans have a right to know what they're buying."

Making the distinction between GMO and non-GMO was certainly an indication that Obama, unlike the FDA and USDA, saw there was an important line to draw in the sand.

Beyond that, Obama was promising a new era of transparency in government. He was adamant in promising that, if elected, his administration wouldn't do business in "the old way." He would be "responsive to people's needs."

Then came the reality.

After the election, and during Obama's term as president, people who had been working to label GMO food and warn the public of its huge dangers were shocked to the core. They saw Obama had been pulling a bait and switch.

The new president filled key posts with Monsanto people, in federal agencies that wield tremendous force in food issues, the USDA and the FDA:

At the USDA, as the director of the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, Roger Beachy, former director of the Monsanto Danforth Center.

As deputy commissioner of the FDA, the new food-safety-issues czar, the infamous Michael Taylor, former vice-president for public policy for Monsanto. Taylor had been instrumental in getting approval for Monsanto's genetically engineered bovine growth hormone.

As commissioner of the USDA, Iowa governor, Tom Vilsack. Vilsack had set up a national group, the Governors' Biotechnology Partnership, and had been given a Governor of the Year Award by the Biotechnology Industry Organization, whose members include Monsanto.

As the new Agriculture Trade Representative, who would push GMOs for export, Islam Siddiqui, a former Monsanto lobbyist.

As the new counsel for the USDA, Ramona Romero, who had been corporate counsel for another biotech giant, DuPont.

As the new head of the USAID, Rajiv Shah, who had preciously worked in key positions for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, a major funder of GMO agriculture research.

We should also remember that Obama's former secretary of state, Hillary Clinton, once worked for the Rose law firm. That firm was counsel to Monsanto.

Obama nominated Elena Kagan to the US Supreme Court. Kagan, as federal solicitor general, had previously argued for Monsanto in the Monsanto v. Geertson seed case before the Supreme Court.

The deck was stacked. Obama hadn't simply made honest mistakes. Obama hadn't just failed to exercise proper oversight in selecting appointees. He wasn't just experiencing a failure of short-term memory. He was staking out territory on behalf of Monsanto and other GMO corporate giants.

And now let us look at what key Obama appointees have wrought for their true bosses. Let's see what GMO crops have walked through the open door of the Obama presidency.

Monsanto GMO alfalfa.

Monsanto GMO sugar beets.

Monsanto GMO Bt soybean.

Coming soon: Monsanto's GMO sweet corn.

Syngenta GMO corn for ethanol.

Syngenta GMO stacked corn.

Pioneer GMO soybean.

Syngenta GMO Bt cotton.

Bayer GMO cotton.

ATryn, an anti-clotting agent from the milk of transgenic goats.

A GMO papaya strain.

And perhaps, soon, genetically engineered salmon and apples.

This is an extraordinary parade. It, in fact, makes Barack Obama the most GMO-dedicated politician in America.

You don't attain that position through errors or oversights. Obama was, all along, a stealth operative on behalf of Monsanto, biotech, GMOs, and corporate control of the future of agriculture.

From this perspective, Michelle Obama's campaign for home gardens and clean nutritious food suddenly looks like a diversion, a cover story floated to obscure what her husband has actually been doing.

Nor does it seem coincidental that two of Obama's biggest supporters, Bill Gates and George Soros, purchased 900,000 and 500,000 shares of Monsanto, respectively, in 2010.

Because this is an election season, people will say, "But what about Romney? Is he any better?" I see no indication that he is. The point, however, is that we are talking about a sitting president here, a president who presented himself, and was believed by many to be, an extraordinary departure from politics as usual.

Not only was that a wrong assessment, Obama was lying all along. He was, and he still is, Monsanto's man in Washington.

To those people who fight for GMO labeling, and against the decimation of the food supply and the destruction of human health, but still believe Obama is a beacon in bleak times:

Wake up.

Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto Protection Act   Monsanto Protection Act EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 8:44 pm

Monsanto Protection Act Agent-Orange-GMOs
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto Protection Act   Monsanto Protection Act EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 12:00 pm

What?

No one wants to come to the defense of Barack Monsanto Obama?

GMO's and fluoride water is good for you
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto Protection Act   Monsanto Protection Act EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 9:16 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto Protection Act   Monsanto Protection Act Empty

Back to top Go down

Monsanto Protection Act
Page 1 of 1